Whyalla | Developments & News

Developments in Regional South Australia. Including Port Lincoln, Victor Harbor, Wallaroo, Gawler and Mount Barker.
Nort
Legendary Member!

Re: Whyalla | Developments & News

#76 Post by Nort » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:59 pm

That's really cool.

Imagine something like that at Glenelg, with the inside of the circle a space that has slides and other water amusements.

Patrick_27
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#77 Post by Patrick_27 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:14 am

Nort wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:59 pm
That's really cool.

Imagine something like that at Glenelg, with the inside of the circle a space that has slides and other water amusements.
Begs the question why the Holfast Bay council haven't decided on something like this. I know the state government have been touting a massive overhaul of the Glenelg jetty, but I'm of the opinion that jetties with buildings and the like at the end are a thing of the past. They were decided against 70+ years ago because rough seas could bring the whole thing down. Glenelg jetty is among the worst of the metropolitan jetties and yet it's located one of Adelaide's main tourism hotspots.

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#78 Post by how good is he » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:46 am

There was a big $90m proposal for a new jetty including hotel etc etc and Marshall went into the last election promising the first $20m. I think it was conditional on a business plan and private companies, council etc paying for the rest of it.