Little ideas for a big city

Ideas and concepts of what Adelaide can be.
rhino
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: Little ideas for a big city

#181 Post by rhino » Thu May 16, 2013 2:15 pm

Your idea gets my vote. Particularly for the Japanese garden - I love that garden.
cheers,
Rhino

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#182 Post by Wayno » Thu May 16, 2013 2:43 pm

yep waewick - funding is the main issue, so any method that brings in extra funding is indeed worthwhile. good thinking. consider asking David if it makes sense.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Waewick

#183 Post by Waewick » Thu May 16, 2013 3:05 pm

Wayno wrote:yep waewick - funding is the main issue, so any method that brings in extra funding is indeed worthwhile. good thinking. consider asking David if it makes sense.
good idea.

I'll put a question to him on the main thread.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#184 Post by Will » Thu May 16, 2013 8:16 pm

Waewick wrote:not sure if this is the right place for it.....but.

How would we go, lobbying the ACC to allocate spaces within the parklands to people who wish to improve them? obviously you would need to meet a certain level of design and integration into the wider park lands but if it is done with the groups own resources why not?

I came around to this idea largely due to my desire to see the Japanese Gardens extended, realising that it would need to be done by way of private funding.

what do people think? is it an idea that is possible? or even worth considering?

I think that's a great idea. Indeed, I have for many years being advocating for an 'international botanic gardens' in the Southern parklands.

Obviously, funding is the issue. Indeed, if the government doesn't have the money, I don't see why the private sector couldn't fund this and charge an entry fee and be allowed to have a bistro, bar and/or function centre.

This would be good for Adelaide and good for tourism.

Waewick

#185 Post by Waewick » Fri May 17, 2013 10:32 am

Will wrote:
Waewick wrote:not sure if this is the right place for it.....but.

How would we go, lobbying the ACC to allocate spaces within the parklands to people who wish to improve them? obviously you would need to meet a certain level of design and integration into the wider park lands but if it is done with the groups own resources why not?

I came around to this idea largely due to my desire to see the Japanese Gardens extended, realising that it would need to be done by way of private funding.

what do people think? is it an idea that is possible? or even worth considering?

I think that's a great idea. Indeed, I have for many years being advocating for an 'international botanic gardens' in the Southern parklands.

Obviously, funding is the issue. Indeed, if the government doesn't have the money, I don't see why the private sector couldn't fund this and charge an entry fee and be allowed to have a bistro, bar and/or function centre.

This would be good for Adelaide and good for tourism.
Well I'm sure my post to David will get missed so I might wait until his next updated.

I think it is a great idea, I'm not fussed about the entry fees and the like, I thought it would be more like a public donation (you know, like what used to happen in the old days with community projects)

I'd also say having a charity box in the South Parklands is a recipe for disaster......

Hopefully we get some feedback from David, I actually would be really interested in how it would work, my 20 month old loves the Japanese Garden so it is something I am happy to try and support.

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#186 Post by Wayno » Mon May 20, 2013 8:10 pm

Waewick wrote:Well I'm sure my post to David will get missed so I might wait until his next updated.
Consider sending him a PM with a link to your previous post requesting he click and reply.

You might even find another old-ish PM from someone else still waiting to be read :wink:
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.