Statue on Adelaide Hills

Ideas and concepts of what Adelaide can be.
rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

Re: Statue on Adelaide Hills

#16 Post by rev » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:27 am

dbl96 wrote:The Quarryface at stonyfell in the second creek valley under greenhill road, is visable to much of inner adelaide even the western suburbs. How about buying out the quarry, and carving a massive face into the cliffface a la Mt Rushmore.
How about carving out "Adelaide"
That way we can satisfy the imaginative people who want an ADELAIDE sign and future proof for when people want our own Mt Rushmore. In fact a Ferris wheel should be carved out and the carriages should spell out Adelaide.
I'm sure if we all put our heads together we can come up with more future proofing and submit it to government or a council.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#17 Post by rev » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:31 am

Surely we can think of something original?

Like taking large sections of stone and carving out 'images' of our state and national history and then placing them somewhere. Not wet exciting but better then ripping off other cities/places icons.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#18 Post by monotonehell » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:41 pm

Something insecure people something large erections...
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Mountaineer
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#19 Post by Mountaineer » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:46 pm

I like the idea of looking down the Mall to the hills, seeing A D E L A I D E written across the hills.

What I'd like to see is a colossus of Rhodes style state at Glenelg, but of Dreamtime figure Ngurunderi. The reasons for Glenelg- tourist attraction and the fact development is already somewhat of a shemozzle. Also represents a unique and indigenous story.