New Tramlines for CBD

Ideas and concepts of what Adelaide can be.
Benm16
Gold-Member ;)

New Tramlines for CBD

#1 Post by Benm16 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:10 pm

Just a quick image of where I believe two new tram line extensions should take place to better our city.
North Adelaide to City East line and a Adelaide Airport to The Parade via Victoria Square line

These lines would stop at very popular destinations such as the parade, Adelaide oval, O'Connell street, china town, wine centre, botanic gardens, zoo and many more whilst also becoming a huge public transport facility to international and interstate guests with an Adelaide airport stop (using the old ramp to enter straight into the airport for convenience. The lines would also bring North Adelaide to Life with an instant easy access there from the city as current transport is very poor.
Attachments
NEW ADELAIDE TRAMLINES.JPG
NEW ADELAIDE TRAMLINES.JPG (113.46 KiB) Viewed 4706 times

Mountaineer
Sen-Rookie-Sational

Re: New Tramlines for CBD

#2 Post by Mountaineer » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:48 pm

I like the idea. Adelaide's various entertainment precincts are somewhat isolated from each other, and our buses are not easy for tourists to work out. The tram system simplifies things and links North Adelaide, Norwood, Hutt St, Burnside and the airport. I also like the idea of the chairlift at the end of the tram line.

I'd probably prefer to see that Western line go down Henley Beach Rd to take advantage of the burgeoning restaurant district that is currently developing there. Sir Donald Bradman Drive is quiet, so Trams bringing people from the city down through the Henley Beach Corridor and then down Airport Rd would see far more traffic arrive to the various restaurants, and the Theb as well. From the end of Glover Ave, have the tram go southwards on West Tce and turn east onto Grote St to link China Town as your plan suggests. I wish the government would consider something like this.