Trump tower construction time lapse

Discussion on developments interstate and overseas.
monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Trump tower construction time lapse

#1 Post by monotonehell » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:00 pm

Video made from a picture a day over the construction of this tower in Chicago, taken from a high rise apartment on Wacker across the river. I like watching the ice forming on the river. :) There's a couple of foggy days to watch for. ;)

http://blip.tv/file/1661579/
(Can't embed from youtube due to its portrait aspect ratio so here's the Techeblog version via blip tv)
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Omicron
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: Trump tower construction time lapse

#2 Post by Omicron » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:11 am

As a less-well-travelled SenAdelaidean than some others, I haven't had the opportunity to see some of the world's great skyscrapers in person so as to properly appreciate their sheer size. What never ceases to amaze me is providing some degree of local relativity to help me get my head around some of the numbers - rising 360m to the roof, that's as-near-as-damnit to 3 Westpac Houses stacked on top of each other. Impressive.

Nice sig, Mono. :wink:

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#3 Post by Shuz » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:43 am

Omicron wrote:As a less-well-travelled SenAdelaidean than some others, I haven't had the opportunity to see some of the world's great skyscrapers in person so as to properly appreciate their sheer size. What never ceases to amaze me is providing some degree of local relativity to help me get my head around some of the numbers - rising 360m to the roof, that's as-near-as-damnit to 3 Westpac Houses stacked on top of each other. Impressive.

And you're only realising that now?

To go a little bit more extreme, the Burj Dubai is a shockingly tall 6 Westpacs! To make it even more unfathomable, it's taller than Mount Lofty!

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#4 Post by monotonehell » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:55 pm

Shuz wrote:
Omicron wrote:As a less-well-travelled SenAdelaidean than some others, I haven't had the opportunity to see some of the world's great skyscrapers in person so as to properly appreciate their sheer size. What never ceases to amaze me is providing some degree of local relativity to help me get my head around some of the numbers - rising 360m to the roof, that's as-near-as-damnit to 3 Westpac Houses stacked on top of each other. Impressive.

And you're only realising that now?

To go a little bit more extreme, the Burj Dubai is a shockingly tall 6 Westpacs! To make it even more unfathomable, it's taller than Mount Lofty!
No fellas. you have it ALL wrong. You must compare everything to African elephants to relate to the people.

That's one hundred and seven African elephants all standing on each others' backs. -- NOW DO YOU GET THE SCALE?!?!?
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.