2012 Clipsal 500

All event related discussion should go here.. e.g. Clipsal 500, Womadelaide, SALA, etc.
-kanye-
Sen-Rookie-Sational

2012 Clipsal 500

#1 Post by -kanye- » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:58 pm

I'll get this thread underway early, since they have just announced the dates!
http://www.v8supercars.com.au/newsartic ... fault.aspx

THE date for next year’s Clipsal 500 Adelaide has been confirmed.

The 14th running of the annual street race will be held next year on March 1-4.

“Having the date for next year’s event at this time is a bonus for all our V8 Supercar fans, corporate guests and sponsors,” said South Australian Motor Sport Board Chief Executive Mark Warren.

“People can now confirm their travel and accommodation arrangements whether they be from regional areas, interstate or overseas.”

Warren said that Adelaide would certainly be the first domestic event of the International V8 Supercars Championship and at this stage may well be the first event of the 2012 season.

“V8 Supercars has recognised that the Clipsal 500 Adelaide is the largest and most spectacular event on the calendar and launching it in Adelaide is great for the sport and its growing following throughout Australia and the world.”

The announcement locks down one of next year’s event dates, with the full V8 Supercars Championship calendar expected to be announced in late October.

The only other known date at the moment is the non-championship event at the Formula 1 Australian Grand Prix.

The FIA has already released the 2012 F1 calendar, with the Albert Park race slated for two weeks after the Clipsal 500 on March 15-18.

Tickets for the Clipsal 500 are expected to go on sale at Ticketek next month.

For more on the Clipsal 500: http://www.clipsal500.com.au
Hopefully the largest race of the year returns to being the opener of the season.
Getting excited already! I think that site says 190 days to go..

mshagg
Legendary Member!

Re: 2012 Clipsal 500

#2 Post by mshagg » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:21 am

My memory from late February through March tends to be somewhat absent, as does my disposable income, but doesnt the Clipsal usually occur at the end of or shortly after the end of the Fringe?

Looks like the Fringe next year goes until 18 March, putting Clipsal right in the middle of it.

spiller
High Rise Poster!

#3 Post by spiller » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:55 pm

There is often an overlap between fringe and clipsal. Will probably go again this year to get my petrol head fix but the whole event a freshen up IMO, getting a bit tired. Hosting the Australian GP and incorporating a mini clipsal with it would be an awesome outcome, I'll keep dreaming.

ghs
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#4 Post by ghs » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:12 am

The event was launched yesterday.

The launch included :

- The announcement of cheaper ticket prices with some tickets remaining at the same price.

- The announcement of INXS, The Living End, Spiderbait, Sneaky Sound System & You Am I as the main bands playing. Apparently
the Thursday concert will just be for local acts.