Server upgrade + ip banning

Anything to do with the running of the website. (e.g. Suggestions, bugs, etc)
Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

Server upgrade + ip banning

#1 Post by Howie » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:59 am

We've just completed a kernel upgrade of the server, this should fixed our performance issues. Let me know if you're still having problems with posting replies etc.

Also we've remove ip banning module, so users on Three Internet should be able to get on. We *might* see more spam as a result, but it was unsatisfactory that some of our forum regulars couldn't get on - so we've remedied that.

Thanks.

Edgar
Legendary Member!

Re: Server upgrade + ip banning

#2 Post by Edgar » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:02 pm

Howie wrote:Also we've remove ip banning module, so users on Three Internet should be able to get on.
What was that? Why can't Three internet (I supposed this is the Wireless Broadband?) can't get on before?
Visit my website at http://www.edgarchieng.com for more photos of Adelaide and South Australia.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Server upgrade + ip banning

#3 Post by Howie » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:45 pm

Because the sys admins at three are really slack. They always manage to get themselves on every single spam an exploit watchlist in the world.. they don't patch their systems, so often three users get left in the dark in terms of getting access to sites and sending emails etc. We started filtering all potentially dangerous users.. and three users always came up on that list... now we've adjusted that filter to allow some to still come through.