Post Deleting

Anything to do with the running of the website. (e.g. Suggestions, bugs, etc)
rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

Post Deleting

#1 Post by rev » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:52 pm

I don't know if this is a serious forum anymore or a place for certain people with big egos to stroke those egos and make them selves feel good.
A regular serious forum, when posts get deleted by staff, members whose posts are subject to being deleted, receive a notification. You know, giving a reason why.
Of course, having such removes the possibility of staff abuse because there is some level of transparency.

I made a post in the Dominator thread, after Nort's "apology" post, and before TimTams sad face post.
Basically saying an early render would be good, and I'd imagine given the name it could look like a giant dildo, or something capable of causing destruction.
Comments about what you imagine a building might resemble get removed, despite similar comments being made by others about the light poles in Rundle Mall.

:roll:

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: Post Deleting

#2 Post by Norman » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:32 pm

So you want this to be a serious forum about construction, development and planning, but want to talk about buildings looking like giant dildos and "causing destruction".

I'm not sure those two things go together.

If similar words were used in previous topics, then they should be reviewed as well.

rev

#3 Post by rev » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:08 pm

Don't think I said I think that.
We all know what this is really about, and it certainly isn't about a building being described as a dildo.
If it was, the comments about the light poles in Rundle Mall by others would have been removed back then as well. But they weren't.

So this leads to the suggestion I've made, to create transparency.

[Shuz]
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#4 Post by [Shuz] » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:53 am

:toilet: Oh boo fucking hoo. Have a little cry in the corner Rev. If you don't like it, sod off and find another forum to have a sook and a whinge.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

rev

#5 Post by rev » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:08 am

[Shuz] wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:53 am
:toilet: Oh boo fucking hoo. Have a little cry in the corner Rev. If you don't like it, sod off and find another forum to have a sook and a whinge.
Perfect example.

If you're not abusing Scooter, you are abusing people for having an opinion.

HiTouch
Legendary Member!

#6 Post by HiTouch » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:14 pm

I think it's important to realise that being a forum where development is the passion, different people will display their passion in a variety of ways and have a bit of fun learning and being random along the way as long as its moderated appropriately (which it is).
In saying that, Rev, I think you're right in some ways. The line is crossed when people take other's concerns and varied opinions overly aggressively as "anti-development" and deliberately put them down or take someone's opinion way too personally. A prime example with Shuz. He's a bully and someone should ban him (again).

Ser Noit of Loit
High Rise Poster!

#7 Post by Ser Noit of Loit » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:06 pm

I've been part of other forums and hobby sites and you always get people disagreeing. This site though, I don't know why it is, has the highest ratio of people calling for others to be banned because they're apparently trolls. This "trolling" comes from strongly opposing a particular development or mucking around. Such accusations on other users are damaging to any online community.

Everyone is allowed their own opinion and although you might disagree with someone about a building, it's moronic to suggest they should leave. Same when someone makes a dumb post. Isn't it easier to just ignore it if you don't like it? Strictly policing a forum to be on topic 100% of the time, or serious 100% of the time is again, damaging for an online community.

This is a good site and these concerns are sour points rather than some massive infection. Overall I like being here and I'd like everyone to feel that way.

[Shuz]

#8 Post by [Shuz] » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:02 pm

HiTouch wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:14 pm
A prime example with Shuz. He's a bully and someone should ban him (again).
Surely you should know by now that banning people is highly ineffective. People would just make another profile.

I love how you're quick to single me out, but are blind to your own hypocrisy. Look in the mirror first and change your own behaviours before singling others out over "bullying".
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

HiTouch
Legendary Member!

#9 Post by HiTouch » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:27 pm

I agree to a point in what Sir Noit is saying however when somebody goes from disagreeing to blatantly putting another down (ie. Shuz to rev) that’s unacceptable. Shuz does it all the time and somebody needs to act on it.

[Shuz] wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:02 pm
HiTouch wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:14 pm
A prime example with Shuz. He's a bully and someone should ban him (again).
Surely you should know by now that banning people is highly ineffective. People would just make another profile.

I love how you're quick to single me out, but are blind to your own hypocrisy. Look in the mirror first and change your own behaviours before singling others out over "bullying".
Banning people is a way of enforcing what is and isn’t acceptable. Nothing wrong with that.

By the way, I just looked in a mirror and saw a devilishly handsome young man with a genuine integrity who has never bullied anyone in my entire life. I’m not the hero people want, but I am the hero people deserve mate. Stop putting people down and get used to it.

HiTouch
Legendary Member!

#10 Post by HiTouch » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:57 pm

I think this needs to be bumped. I believe rev is correct.
The situation was citywatcher, timtam, Nathan and I were having a discussion about beer, whitmore's and politics in the restaurant pubs and bars thread under CBD Development and then Pikey happens to come along and then suddenly, whambam thank you ma'am! Our posts were deleted. Yes it was a little heated for a brief period but it cooled down and there was no need to delete the posts. Yes, there was a insinuation of penises and rev's nipples but it wasn't graphic or direct. Deleting the discussion was uncalled for. There needs to be clearer protocols of what is acceptable on this forum. There needs to be accountability for certain people in power otherwise Sensational Adelaide will turn into Soviet Adelaide.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#11 Post by Norman » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:21 pm

Maybe some of these discussions should be put into the beer garden... Or create a new thread in the Pub section of the forum.

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

#12 Post by Pikey » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:02 am

HiTouch wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:57 pm
I think this needs to be bumped. I believe rev is correct.
The situation was citywatcher, timtam, Nathan and I were having a discussion about beer, whitmore's and politics in the restaurant pubs and bars thread under CBD Development and then Pikey happens to come along and then suddenly, whambam thank you ma'am! Our posts were deleted. Yes it was a little heated for a brief period but it cooled down and there was no need to delete the posts. Yes, there was a insinuation of penises and rev's nipples but it wasn't graphic or direct. Deleting the discussion was uncalled for. There needs to be clearer protocols of what is acceptable on this forum. There needs to be accountability for certain people in power otherwise Sensational Adelaide will turn into Soviet Adelaide.
If you think I am the only person on this forum who can moderate posts, you're sorely mistaken...
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

rev

#13 Post by rev » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:59 pm

Just for clarification my issue was why similar comments weren't deleted before in another thread as per my original posts in this thread.
My issue was not why off topic discussions/posts that had nothing to do with the topic were deleted.

HiTouch
Legendary Member!

#14 Post by HiTouch » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:01 am

rev wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:59 pm
Just for clarification my issue was why similar comments weren't deleted before in another thread as per my original posts in this thread.
My issue was not why off topic discussions/posts that had nothing to do with the topic were deleted.
I really hate it when you take a stand with someone and find out that you have a lot in common with that person which creates a wholesome friendship which turns into a brotherhood only to have them throw that friendship in your face by double crossing you with someone else.

You're on your own with this one you dirtbag.

[Shuz]

#15 Post by [Shuz] » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:41 pm

Shuz would never call someone a dirtbag. You're not as nice as ScoMo!