Sensational-Adelaide BOOM!!!

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
petermaloney
High Rise Poster!

Sensational-Adelaide BOOM!!!

#1 Post by petermaloney » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:54 pm

Over the past days SA has had a member BOOM

Tell us why you joined and What do you like about Sensational-Adelaide

The most up-to-date Adelaide Forum

Al
VIP Member
VIP Member

#2 Post by Al » Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:10 pm

I joined because I am interested in the development of Adelaide and SA in general. Apart from SSC.com, this is the best forum on Adelaide on the net.

I'm also a nerd who needs to get out more. :D

Peter, I'm curious, you're from Sydney but you spend a lot of time here on SA.com. Why did you join?

petermaloney
High Rise Poster!

#3 Post by petermaloney » Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:26 pm

1# I love adelaide and there is no other website on the www That is more up to date about Adelaide
2# I love Pictures, And wanted to help make the Galleries and Picture posts

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#4 Post by Howie » Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:52 pm

S-A's a great website only because of you guys, the members, who regular come on here and discuss/post new developments :)

I reckon this site is finally standing on it's own feet... it's now more diversified in that people who aren't usually even interested in forums are on here contributing.

Anyhow! Love to hear all your reasons why you joined...

Algernon
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#5 Post by Algernon » Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:13 pm

My first visit here was a very long time ago. The forum pretty much had 6 months in between posts - all of them Howie's :lol:. Although the site was going nowhere, I kept it on bookmarks and checked every month or so, hoping something would happen.

Then, something did happen :lol:

After one of my many run-ins at SSC I left the board completely. Had a gut full of the place. I visited SA again, saw that SFA had still happened, and decided fuckit - the only way it was going to pick up was if someone just bit the bullet and started posting. I registered, pm'd Pikey (And someone else, possibly Pants?) on SSC and told him to get his arse over and bring anyone whom we'd developed any sort of respect for over the time at SSC.

The results are obvious. SSC is where people go to feed off eachother's negativity. Here it's the complete opposite, and the site is better for it!

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#6 Post by Howie » Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:25 pm

chris wrote: The results are obvious. SSC is where people go to feed off eachother's negativity. Here it's the complete opposite, and the site is better for it!
That's a very good point you make Chris. SSC seems like a place where people are constantly benchmarking themselves with cities interstate (Perth/Victoria/etc) and as what tends to happen is that you get into city vs city arguments (i must admit i was drawn into a few as well). All this is counter productive when you think about it.

Whereas here it is exactly what you write... completely opposite.

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

#7 Post by Pikey » Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:49 pm

I joined cos Chris said he'd track me down and beat the shit out of me if I didn't....

That, and the fact that SSC was giving me the shits. This site has rekindled my interest in all things development, Scrapers etc etc. The fact that I can discuss, with like minded people (read - no dickheads) all things Adelaide is awesome, and it's great to see it grow.

It's funny, one of my contacts a Baulderstone had heard of the site, and via email told me he was surprised at the pic updates, and the enthusiasm we show here for projects. I really shouldn't mention it, but, he said because of the above fact, a site visit one day for us, may, and I mean may, be a possibility!

Watch this space, I'm working on it!
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#8 Post by Howie » Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:58 pm

That's fantastic news Pikey! :) I'm glad a company such as Baulderstone actually found us!

Waz
VIP Member
VIP Member

#9 Post by Waz » Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:05 am

Pikey wrote:I really shouldn't mention it, but, he said because of the above fact, a site visit one day for us, may, and I mean may, be a possibility!

Watch this space, I'm working on it!
No more mentioning things you shouldn't Pikey, or Chris'll pull out his famous nickname for you again! ;)
You hear it here first...

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

#10 Post by Pikey » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:32 am

Hey, call me a tease, just thought I should le you boys in on a bit of a plan...
Walking on over....

Algernon
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#11 Post by Algernon » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:57 am

You're not telling Pikey Pies again are ya Pikester?

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

#12 Post by Pikey » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:06 am

C'mon fellas, fellaaaaaaaaaas.

Where's the love?
Walking on over....

Pants
VIP Member
VIP Member

#13 Post by Pants » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:13 pm

Yeah, Chris pm'd me and said I should head over and bring my pics with me.

Was more than happy too, it's a great site and I love the fact that it doesn't have the pissing and moaning of SSC.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#14 Post by Will » Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:09 pm

I was invited onto this site a few weeks ago on SSC but I was a little bit reluctant about joining another forum. However now that I have finally discovered this forum I regret not joining earlier. Whilst SSC is good for giving you an international perspective, the positivity of this site is refreshing. We all know Adelaide is a great city, so having to put up with idiots who continually attack Adelaide does sometimes put me off visiting SSC. Hopefully the positivity of this forum can be maintained.

petermaloney
High Rise Poster!

#15 Post by petermaloney » Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:15 pm

Yes i joined because of CULLWULLA, If his on a site it must be good! lol
Besides SSC is just a huge chicken pen where everyone is "RIGHT" im sick of the bitching and gang ups on that site. i dont trust the sercurity too. but that aside S-A you've done it Again! Best Australia (only) forum