Trash talking and general trolling behaviour

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

Trash talking and general trolling behaviour

#1 Post by Howie » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:56 am

It has come to my attention of late that certain members of this forum have generally been nasty, spamming the boards with nonsense, and generally displaying some quite frankly pretty immature behaviour. Otherwise known as trolling.

I have since banned this person, on the recommendation by several of our members and our main moderator for the developments section.

Please be aware, that this is a bs free zone... if you're a known stirrer from SSC and have rubbed people the wrong way before on there, do NOT expect any sympathy here.

Thank you,

Howie

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

#2 Post by Pikey » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:45 am

Also don't try to re-register as another user, you will be caught and it'll just further diminish your reputation.

Apart from that..... 8)
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#3 Post by AtD » Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:37 pm

Cheers Howie. Nice work.

Rule with an iron fist. At SCC, every action is debated and second guessed. The Moderator forum is like Parliament Question Time, full of hateful bickering, and the public forums are worse. Any time anyone is disciplined, it's a "Victorian Conspiracy" or whatnot. I don't even bother, and stick to the SA forum the majority of the time. There are several people who I would like to see removed.
Although the input from interstate is very useful and appreciated, the never-ending city v. city pissing contests make this place far more pleasant.

Pants
VIP Member
VIP Member

#4 Post by Pants » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:05 pm

I didn't see anything really objectionable from the kid and actually don't mind his enthusiasm , but it's you guys' call I guess.

AtD's right though, the lack of pissing contests make this site great to visit, although I'd hate to see our presence at SSC diminish too much more, because it's always good to show a broader audience what's going on in our fair city.

8)

Algernon
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#5 Post by Algernon » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:02 pm

Pants wrote:I didn't see anything really objectionable from the kid and actually don't mind his enthusiasm , but it's you guys' call I guess.

AtD's right though, the lack of pissing contests make this site great to visit, although I'd hate to see our presence at SSC diminish too much more, because it's always good to show a broader audience what's going on in our fair city.

8)
The SA members of SSC have made their bed, now they lie in it. If they want a forum full of endless negativity, I won't do anything to stop them. Trying to restore it to the fun place that it was a couple of years ago is an exercise in pushing shit up a hill. Even if you succeed in pushing shit up a hill, at the end of the day you've still got shit all over your hands...

My time's too precious to scrub shit off my hands.

You're doing a top job Howie.

petermaloney
High Rise Poster!

#6 Post by petermaloney » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:05 pm

On this subject i have had my SSC account hacked please ignor all posts from the last week on SSC.
Howie it maybe a good idea to delete my user on this forum and i will re-register thanks

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#7 Post by AtD » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:24 pm

Bull. The IP address you've been posting from on SSC has been costant the whole time. Your months of Trolling on SSC has been catalogued in the OzScrapers mod forum. Remember your "Tayser" thread?

petermaloney
High Rise Poster!

#8 Post by petermaloney » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:47 pm

AtD wrote:Bull. The IP address you've been posting from on SSC has been costant the whole time. Your months of Trolling on SSC has been catalogued in the OzScrapers mod forum. Remember your "Tayser" thread?
Yes the Tayser thread is me but the recent stuff is not. Please note ATD i have used a public computure for a lot of my posting, My home computure is not a static IP adress and i have used 5 different lotcations over Sydney so straight away ATD im sorry but that is incorrect. My current ip adress is 168.140.....etc . Anyway that aside i do not want to bring any of this bs into S-A i have no time to mess around, plus ruin forums (appart from my Tayser thread) i thought you would no this by now.

Cheers

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#9 Post by Will » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:42 pm

Pants wrote:I didn't see anything really objectionable from the kid and actually don't mind his enthusiasm , but it's you guys' call I guess.

8)
I agree, whilst this is a great forum, I still think we should maintain a presence on SSC. If we allow the SA sub-forum to die, we would only be feeding the negative stereotypes that exist of Adelaide. For the sake of our city we should maintain a presence on SSC.

petermaloney
High Rise Poster!

#10 Post by petermaloney » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:21 pm

honoustly it wouldnt matter if you keep posting on SSC or not i doesnt change the fact that Adelaide is a great city, just because of a few "Trolls"
are trying to bring it down. Most People are smart enough to ignore there stupid behaviour.