Article: Tour goes global

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: Article: Tour goes global

#31 Post by crawf » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:20 am

Everything should be getting back to normal as King William Street reopened at 10:30am

That traffic does look bad for Adelaide standards, though that top photo is superb

frank1
Donating Member
Donating Member

#32 Post by frank1 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:20 pm

Bulldozer wrote:Saw on SBS earlier that they're showing a highlights package at 6pm every night that it's on. I know that's nothing new, but it's new to me seeing as I'm in Brisbane and they're showing it here. :)
Does anyone know why this tour doesn't get more t.v coverage. Last year SBS showed the last 20-30km of the race, not just highlights. I would have thought that since the tour is racing in SA, at the very least SA would get more coverage. :?:

Edgar
Legendary Member!

#33 Post by Edgar » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:35 pm

Exactly what I was thinking. Last year they showed the race passing St. Peter's Cathedral which looked stunning!
Visit my website at http://www.edgarchieng.com for more photos of Adelaide and South Australia.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#34 Post by Norman » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:24 pm

I noticed when I was in the city that there were quite a number of people sitting on the grass relazing on Victoria Square... it was a nice sight. Even the Aboriginies had clothes on for a change :P

Bulldozer
High Rise Poster!

#35 Post by Bulldozer » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:26 pm

sam wrote:Image
What a fantastic view!

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#36 Post by crawf » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:27 pm

When ten had the broadcast rights, they used to have 30 minute highlights package about 11-12 at night though the last race they showed the whole thing and broadcast it live around the country. So SBS will probably be the same.

You gotta remember the Tour Down Under is really a new event compared to some cycling competitions, so it wont receive as much coverage compared to the Tour De France.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#37 Post by Howie » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:43 am

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#38 Post by Norman » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:16 pm

Ten will broadcast the City race on Sunday from 3pm.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#39 Post by crawf » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:28 pm

The East End is going to be so great on Sunday with the Tour Down Under and the Rundle Street markets extended to 11pm.

Though I think Tourism SA has gone a bit overboard with the promotion adds during the race, while they are good and its great to see alot more promotion of the state. But they should just have one or two adds.

Paulns
Donating Member
Donating Member

#40 Post by Paulns » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:54 am

stelaras wrote:And thats traffic????????

Thats what you see at 11pm in Melbourne!!
That's normal for Sydney!
"SA GOING ALL THE WAY".

Bulldozer
High Rise Poster!

#41 Post by Bulldozer » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:35 am

crawf wrote:Though I think Tourism SA has gone a bit overboard with the promotion adds during the race, while they are good and its great to see alot more promotion of the state. But they should just have one or two adds.
Someone needs to tell them that they need to advertise outside of SA... after all isn't that where tourists come from? :)

Diamond
High Rise Poster!

#42 Post by Diamond » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:20 pm

A few snaps:

Vladimir Putin - TIME Magazine's Man Of The Year 2007

frank1
Donating Member
Donating Member

#43 Post by frank1 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:26 pm

Nice pics thanks. I have to say the coverage today of the last stage was quite good. Overall i think it was a success, cheers Rann :wink:

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#44 Post by crawf » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:14 pm

Bulldozer wrote:
crawf wrote:Though I think Tourism SA has gone a bit overboard with the promotion adds during the race, while they are good and its great to see alot more promotion of the state. But they should just have one or two adds.
Someone needs to tell them that they need to advertise outside of SA... after all isn't that where tourists come from? :)
Didn't they play any adds on SBS interstate during the race highlights package?, thats bad

I thought the main aim for those adds was to promote SA to people interstate and ofcourse overseas, bit silly just to show them in SA only.

jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member

#45 Post by jk1237 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:01 pm

those pictures are excellent. Those brown rolling hills with some green vineyards is South Australia in a nutshell. I rode in and had a look around today, great atmosphere. I showed my friend this interesting little t-shirt store on East Tce, (old market frontages) thats a bit indie hip and cool but has a little coffee/beer bar downstairs where they 'turn their tracks'. She loved it. I bought a Coopers pale ale and then we walked on and sat on that lawn next to Tandanya, nice spot. Police walked past and I thought, is the whole of the city of Adel a dry zone, or not the parklands caus they didnt seem to care. Anyone know if the parklands are a dry zone?