Another day, Another shooting in the city

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

Re: Another day, Another shooting in the city

#16 Post by rev » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:52 am

If you think crime is out of control now, speak to people who used to live in the north western suburbs, the Parks basically, 10-20 years ago. See how bad crime was back then.
I used to live around Hindmarsh, and it was not safe at night 10 years ago to be out of your home.
These days you can actually walk around at night, and not get your head smashed in.

People are clueless when it comes to crime in Adelaide. Seriously, you see the news whipping up a frenzy and beating up stories, and your all like "shit omg crime is out of control this is becoming south central"

Its 8 shootings since the start of the year. Hardly a significant figure to lead one to think crime is out of control. Some cities have dozens of shooting, and murders.

The gang of 49, they have been around for quite a few years, and I know cops who can back this up, your thoughts on the matter have just been shaped by the recent media stirring of the issue.

What rubbish. Adelaide bad crime rate? Compared to who? It has never been bad, but it hasn't got better under Rann either.

Cheers
Thats rubbish. I remember seeing statistics a while back, which showed quite a few categories of crime had fallen and continued to fall.
But of course some categories of crime are going to be increasing, we are in the middle of an Ice epidemic. Im sure your aware of the effects of long term Ice use.

We have MORE police on the job now, several hundred more infact.
Are you even aware of the mess the Liberals made of SAPOL?

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#17 Post by Norman » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:03 am

You also have to remember that unemployment has fallen in the last few years.

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#18 Post by Cruise » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:11 pm

crawf wrote:Yes Adelaide, unless its changed Adelaide has one of the worst crime rates per captia in Australia, Perth is right up there aswell and Melbourne is the safest. However Darwin could of taken over Adelaide and Perth

Though I feel safe in Adelaide
what about Alice Springs? Its worse
you seem to be limited to the capital cities.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#19 Post by Will » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:38 pm

crawf wrote:Yes Adelaide, unless its changed Adelaide has one of the worst crime rates per captia in Australia, Perth is right up there aswell and Melbourne is the safest. However Darwin could of taken over Adelaide and Perth

Though I feel safe in Adelaide
It is important to highlight 'in Australia'. Australia is one of the safest countries in the world, so the case that Adelaide may have one of the worst crime rates in Australia is all relative. In Australia, 8 shootings a year may be considered 'high crime rate' but in some cities in the US, they probaably have 8 shootings a day.

jimmy_2486
Legendary Member!

#20 Post by jimmy_2486 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:13 pm

wat a joke

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#21 Post by Howie » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:55 am

I'm hearing that there's a shoot-out on angas street right now??!

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#22 Post by Howie » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:00 am

scratch that.. it was a suspicious parcel in front of fresh fm they thought could be a bomb.

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#23 Post by Shuz » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:14 pm

USA crime rates, as I last heard it up to 90+ adults and 15+ children are killed each year in shootings, with injuries well into the thousands. For a country which legalises the right to bear arms, this is deplorable, and in no way is comparable to Australia's gun crime rates.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#24 Post by Will » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:14 pm

momentkiller wrote:USA crime rates, as I last heard it up to 90+ adults and 15+ children are killed each year in shootings, with injuries well into the thousands. For a country which legalises the right to bear arms, this is deplorable, and in no way is comparable to Australia's gun crime rates.
Just 90? I remeber watching Bowling for Columbine and there it stated that there are around 13 000 deaths attributed to guns per annum in the USA.

Ho Really
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#25 Post by Ho Really » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:42 pm

rev wrote:...Thats rubbish. I remember seeing statistics a while back, which showed quite a few categories of crime had fallen and continued to fall.
But of course some categories of crime are going to be increasing, we are in the middle of an Ice epidemic. Im sure your aware of the effects of long term Ice use.

We have MORE police on the job now, several hundred more infact. Are you even aware of the mess the Liberals made of SAPOL?
Crime whatever colour is still crime. Ice use? What about manufacture, dealing and the collateral crime that goes with it? As I've said, nothing has changed.

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.