Introduction Thread

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
Omicron
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: Introduction Thread

#46 Post by Omicron » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:59 am

Cruise wrote:
Omicron wrote:Image
what the hell is that?
He's hiding!

His visit has come about because I have absolutely no idea what you were talking about. :wink:

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#47 Post by Cruise » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:06 am

its an old nursery ryme i was told as a kid were you all stand in a circle putting the body parts mentioned inside the circle. :roll:

Omicron

#48 Post by Omicron » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:09 am

Cruise wrote:its an old nursery ryme i was told as a kid were you all stand in a circle putting the body parts mentioned inside the circle. :roll:
Don't mind that Omi; he's a twat.

Maximus
Legendary Member!

#49 Post by Maximus » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:07 pm

I like this thread. So, my turn...

I'm John. Currently Sen-Rookie-Sational, but I'll be doing my best to change that. I've always been a fervent defender of Adelaide and my resolve has only been further steeled by all my best friends having moved either interstate or overseas in the past five years. Everyone sees me as something like the 'home beacon' who is always here, which is nice, but it actually really shits me that people think you need to leave Adelaide to get a decent job. Hence, I was extremely happy to find this site a couple of months ago when browsing through the 'comments' section of an AdelaideNow article about the Tour Down Under. (Someone from here posted a comment and mentioned the S-A website. Who was it?)

My background is in law and psychology, but since leaving uni about four years ago I've actually been working in the finance industry. This is about to change, though, as I've quit my job and will shortly be going overseas for a couple of months, with no idea of what I'll do for a job when I get back. :shock: :? As well as loving Adelaide, I've always had a fascination for tall buildings. But, strangely enough, I'm not very good with heights.

I'm into gymming, cycling, various social sports at various times of the year (beach volleyball, indoor cricket, lawn bowls, touch, etc) and currently have an obsession with Crumpler bags.

:)
It's = it is; its = everything else.
You're = you are; your = belongs to.
Than = comparative ("bigger than"); then = next.

Edgar
Legendary Member!

#50 Post by Edgar » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:01 pm

Never knew this thread actually exists :o so I guess it is my turn to introduce myself. I have met and spoken to a few of sensational-adelaide.com members during the Treasury Tunnel Tour ( no tunnel tour for me :( ).

My name is Edgar, I'm turning 24 this year, so this year is my year, the year of the Rat. I originate from Malaysia, I am a Chinese, and I have visited Australia more than a decade ago when my sister was still studying here.

I fell in love with Adelaide over Melbourne, Sydney and Gold Coast, decided that I wanted to study in Adelaide. Enrolled in an Australian Degree Program at my local college in Malaysia, with twinning program to University of South Australia.

Came to Australia in August 2005 and said to myself that this is where I want to live and settle in the future. I spread my study courses in university over 4 periods per year, which are Winter School (Period 1), Study Period 2, Study Period 4, and Summer School (Period 5). The reason I did this is so that I will finish in exactly 2 years of university and I get flexibility in my class schedule. Otherwise I will be completing only in 1.5 years which will not entitle me to apply for residency.

So I finally graduated in August 2007, exactly 2 years. I applied for Australian Permanent Residency with the immigration department the next day I graduated. I went through a migration agent, so prior to that, I have already had all the assessment and documents ready. I waited for half a year before I heard of any response from the department.

Fast foward to Feb 13 2008, I was granted my Australian Permanent Resident under South Australian Resident by the immigration department.

Now, I am working for Optus in EDS building, and interestingly enough, most of the operations are located in the EDS Building at North Terrace, not their own Optus Building at South Terrace.

I joined sensational-adelaide.com in 2006. I met Howie through another forum and became a member since, now I am titled as Legendary probably because I am a senior member in the forum in terms of joined date. I did not get to post much, except for photos. My most active thread were the Bakewell Underpass simply for the reason that I used to live near there.

Now I live in the North Western Suburb, not the best I must say, but certainly not the worst. Been through hell last year just before my graduation when my house was broken into, more than $70,000 worth of private properties were stolen including my car, but we had since installed security alarm and camera system.

I have been trying to build my own website but could never find the time to do so, so it was never completed, and barely started. So I ended up posting in forums here and there. I am an active member of more than 10 forums, and registered to around 20 forums. But sensational-adelaide.com is one of my frequently visited and posted forum of all.
Visit my website at http://www.edgarchieng.com for more photos of Adelaide and South Australia.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#51 Post by Howie » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:48 pm

Good on you Edgar.. good to see you've stuck around all these years and i'm sure glad you decided to make Adelaide your new home. We need more top blokes like yourself here.

Omicron

#52 Post by Omicron » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:20 pm

Probably time to make myself known, so you all know where to send the hate mail. :wink:

I'm Mathew, aged 21, and a born-and-bred Adelaidean. I've always had an interest in architecture and urban design; I recall drawing new subdivisions into the empty spaces of older street directories, and filling page after page with various house plans and elevation drawings. I even went so far as performing two weeks' work experience within a local architectural studio to see if it was something I wanted to commit to, but I decided it was best to remain a passionate observer, for the time being at least.

In terms of the formal mish-mash, I graduated from Sacred Heart College in 2004, and from UniSA's Bachelor of Management (Marketing) in 2007. I've been working for Australia's most upmarket department store, Kmart, for the past four (five?) years as I trawl through application after application in search for something more permanent. The implication, of couse, is that if any SenAd poster has a position opening for a marketing graduate, I'd love to talk. :D

I love cars, yet I still haven't learnt to drive. I cannot work that out for the life of me. Soon, definitely. American cars of the '50s through '80s are my favourites, although I find almost anything appealing in their own way.

What else is of interest to you lot? Quiet walks on the beach? Yes, I suppose so. :mrgreen:

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#53 Post by Shuz » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:05 pm

Introducing to you the report of prisoner number #72851 and a mug shot to match.

Well, I'm a fairly obviously well known figure around these boards. For those of you that are old, really old, you just may remember the horror that spread across your faces everytime you saw the infamous identities by the names of shuzstar, redstar, greenchilli and countless other internet alias. That was me, at the very immature age of fourteen.

These days, I've grown up, now at horrendously old age of eighteen and going by the real world name of Andrew, although I am affectionately known by my former school peers as 'Shuz'. 8)

Much to my delightful please, my educational torment finished last year, completing Year 12 at Cabra College last year. I just passed by a few whiskers... My story, left school 6 weeks before it actually finished, never did my exams, and just hoped that my scores were high enough to get me over the line. Fortunately they were...

I want to study architecture at university, and am waiting until I am 21, so to sit the STATs and gain admission into the course through such means. In the office, I used to work on the checkouts at IKEA Adelaide, but have since retired. Now with a debt bill owing to my parents reaching new highs, I am on the job prowl, after a couple of months vacation to Sydney, Melbourne and a piddly town in the Far North.
Over one hundred resumes and cover letters, gloryfying my name screams torment to the daily piling of 'in' mail trays in offices across the city. :)

I'm a big fan of dance, electronica, house and techno music, cranking many a beat into the wee hours of the morning much to the dismay of my mother's and brother's peaceful nights sleep, aside from that and this website, I also devote myself to a lifetime of watching television with a box set collection that just keeps getting bigger by the month...

Standing in at 6' 2, with a body many envy, I'm very lanky and clumsy, and selfish too. No honestly, I am. I drink all the milk, eat all the biscuits, have the televsion on really loud, but that doesn't mean to say that I don't care about people. I'm always up for a good night out, free of charge :P Am infamously the biggest risk-taker amongst my friends, with stories so dramatic your mother's eardrums may just explode.

I lay claim to being the world's biggest whinger, which some may find annoying, but I do it for the sake of making others feel less guilty about themselves. I'll say things before I think, and I always drink in excessive moderation. I take great admiration in my friends, but the family's another story. It's more dysfunctional than one could think. Everyone's fiercely competitive, and a whinger. I got the latter. And whenever I talk about myself, I babble on endlessly. :shock:

If you're looking for the guy with the biggest collection of metrotickets in Adelaide. I'm your man. I still proudly don the L's, am able to get my P's but I just cant be stuffed, because face it, trams just f****** rule.

Gracias,
Shuz.

P.S
For those of you who are myspacers, heres my page - http://www.myspace.com/momentkiller7

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#54 Post by Shuz » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:36 am

Oh and I should too forget to mention my ability to laugh at myself.
Pretty much sums me up what I wrote before, but hey, can't really believe I put myself down on webpaper. :P

Omicron

#55 Post by Omicron » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:18 pm

Shuz wrote:Oh and I should too forget to mention my ability to laugh at myself.
Pretty much sums me up what I wrote before, but hey, can't really believe I put myself down on webpaper. :P
I read that as 'wallpaper', and for a split second had visions of walking into a room with some fellow holding an iPod plastered over all the walls.

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#56 Post by Cruise » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:36 pm

you are dyslexic arent you?

Omicron

#57 Post by Omicron » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:42 pm

Cruise wrote:you are dyslexic arent you?
Hsuh, uoy.

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#58 Post by Shuz » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:58 am

Me? Dyslexic? What makes you think that?

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#59 Post by Wayno » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:20 pm

Shuz wrote:Me? Dyslexic? What makes you think that?
are you a member of the DNA?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#60 Post by Shuz » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:42 pm

Never heard of the DNA. (unless you're talking about human DNA?) I'm lost.