Beer Garden

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
metro
Legendary Member!

Re: Beer Garden

#1456 Post by metro » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:04 pm

got a message on Nearmap it sounds like they will start charging people to view their photomaps at some point in the future. :?

Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#1457 Post by Nathan » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:09 pm

metro wrote:got a message on Nearmap it sounds like they will start charging people to view their photomaps at some point in the future. :?
Introducing PhotoMaps™ Standard
We are pleased to announce the introduction of nearmap PhotoMaps™ Standard packages for small to medium businesses. Single-user PhotoMaps licenses will be available for purchase directly on our new website which launches towards the end of this month. Group licenses are available now, please contact [email protected] for more information.

Free access to end
Coinciding with the launch of the new website and entry level commercial packages, free access to PhotoMaps will be coming to an end. The exact end date will be announced in the near future. We hope you have enjoyed the opportunity to use nearmap PhotoMaps free of charge.

dsriggs
Legendary Member!

#1458 Post by dsriggs » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:25 pm

It's a shame, but they've got to make money somehow

peas_and_corn
Legendary Member!

#1459 Post by peas_and_corn » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:15 pm

Nathan wrote:It's at the southern end of O'Connell St, where Sparrow was. As far as I know, it's only been open a week or two, their website is still only an 'opening soon' page (http://thecurioussquire.com.au).
There's a brief review of it here: http://thethousands.com.au/adelaide/eat ... ous-squire
The site you link to says they claim to be a craft beer bar, yet it only seems to have James Squire beers on tap? :?

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1460 Post by Ben » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:57 am

The latest near map was taken on pageant morning and it's quite cool to see all the people lining the streets from above.

Maximus
Legendary Member!

#1461 Post by Maximus » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:55 pm

Ben wrote:The latest near map was taken on pageant morning and it's quite cool to see all the people lining the streets from above.
I noticed that, too. Also noticed that Nearmap has the date wrong -- it says the image is from 9 Nov, but it's clearly early morning on the 10th. :wink:
It's = it is; its = everything else.
You're = you are; your = belongs to.
Than = comparative ("bigger than"); then = next.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1462 Post by crawf » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:54 pm

The city is so alive tonight, so many people.

If this is due to the cricket at Adelaide Oval, then bring on 2014!

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1463 Post by monotonehell » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:19 pm

crawf wrote:The city is so alive tonight, so many people.

I dunno what it is about, but yeah it's busy out there. It's not just the cricket I'm sure.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1464 Post by crawf » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:33 pm

monotonehell wrote:
crawf wrote:The city is so alive tonight, so many people.

I dunno what it is about, but yeah it's busy out there. It's not just the cricket I'm sure.
I guess it's a mix of everything

Cricket, late night shopping, balmy weather etc

Then add in Feast Festival and the Australian International 3day Event. While the World Bowls Championships commence tomorrow.

Vee
Legendary Member!

#1465 Post by Vee » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:36 am

Growing Food Tourism as a global trend and South Australia's claims to grab a significant slice of the pie.
Good wrap for our food and wine regions, cuisine and reputation.

SA in strong position as world is hungry for food tourism says ATC.
SOUTH Australia is in a prime position to leverage its food and wine into a global tourism lure, Australian Tourism Commission executive Simon Westaway says.
He said SA led the nation in its wining and dining experiences.

"South Australia is arguably the best place in the nation not just for quality red and white wines but for the heritage and experiential aspects that go with them," he said.

"You have world-class regions on Adelaide's doorstep such as the Barossa, Clare, McLaren Vale and the Hills, and the Coonawarra is not that much further off. You have great brands with global cutting edges such as Penfolds and Jacob's Creek."
More:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/n ... 6523103491

Vee
Legendary Member!

#1466 Post by Vee » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:58 am

Just an idea!
I read about the sad situation with the much loved Capri Theatre needing funds/loan to afford a much needed digital projector to show films now and into the future.

Capri Theatre future in doubt unless Unley Council gives it $51,000 loan
More:
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/sout ... 6522766220

In the USA, a Kickstarter project has been launched to buy a new digital projector for their special landmark Blue Mouse Theatre in Washington State.
http://boingboing.net/2012/11/23/kickst ... tal-p.html

Interesting parallels.
Perhaps the Capri Theatre could look to crowdsourcing, social media and new forms of revenue raising (rather than hapless or possibly heartless? councils, increasingly under pressure to support a variety of projects)?

I recall a different project interstate where fans of rock music were invited to purchase a brick to save the iconic live music venue - Annandale Hotel.
http://www.annandalehotel.com/anh/purchase.html

A Kickstarter online campaign, or similar, might just provide the key in this digital age to solving the Capri Theatre's current need to remain viable, retain its heritage, yet move into the digital age.

I would donate some $$ to make it happen and I'm sure there would be others who would feel the same way. (And donations don't need to be paid back in loan repayments.)

Omicron

#1467 Post by Omicron » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:47 am

Ben wrote:The latest near map was taken on pageant morning and it's quite cool to see all the people lining the streets from above.
More importantly, I've just noticed the Statewide Super building in Gawler Place has an astroturfed rooftop leisure area. My invitation's in the mail, I should think.

[Shuz]

#1468 Post by [Shuz] » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:04 pm

Omicron wrote:
More importantly, I've just noticed the Statewide Super building in Gawler Place has an astroturfed rooftop leisure area. My invitation's in the mail, I should think.
Yes, but only staff from Level 12 are allowed to use it.

He who used to work on the 11th floor. :(
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1469 Post by crawf » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:40 am

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#1470 Post by rev » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:22 pm

What a tame response from the media in this state regarding the blatant cheating and breaking of the rules by the Adelaide Crows.

Shudder to think what the reaction would have been if it was Port who did it.
But then the expected end of year financial loss report from Port must have been a welcome distraction to the biased wankers in the media.
Although they were trying to spread the "good news" about the Crows and some charity thing they were up to, to distract from their cheating and rule breaking activities.

Too bad it's been limited to Tippet, because there's a few others Crows players who got similar deals all in breach of the AFL's rules. They were briefly mentioned I think.

The whole lot of them involved should have been banned from holding any position in the AFL for life.
What they got was a slap on the wrist.

The funny side to it is Tippet and his management who claim that they didn't know they were breaking the rules and that the Crows mislead them.
What sort of player manager doesn't know the rules regarding player contracts? It's his job...and he wasn't aware that the side deals made were breaking AFL rules? If you believe that you'll believe I'm from another galaxy.

What was it that Trigg once said..that Ports issues were tarnishing the game or something along those lines?
At least Port abides by the AFL's rules and regulations and doesn't cheat and hasn't brought the game into disrepute.
I guess that's the difference between a real club with a real club culture and a franchise thrown together at a moments notice out of hatred, jealousy and fear.