Beer Garden

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: Beer Garden

#2386 Post by crawf » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:47 pm

GoodSmackUp wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:41 pm

I wonder if the taxi union will protest the airport tram line
I'm surprised they haven't complained about the increased Adelaide Metro bus services at the airport.

fishinajar
High Rise Poster!

#2387 Post by fishinajar » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:01 pm

crawf wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:32 am
And it begins....
Delays for passengers as taxi drivers stage Uber protest
EDITOR ON DUTY: Ben Harvy, Kathryn Bermingham
August 11, 2017 9:33am
UBER pick-up services at Adelaide Airport will not resume until the safety of drivers can be guaranteed, a company spokesman has said.

Neither taxis nor Ubers are currently operating from the airport, as cabbies protest the lifted ban on UberX pick-ups.

The rideshare operator cancelled all pick-ups just hours after it was yesterday granted access to the airport, amid a taxi blockade and “threats” to its drivers.

The taxi rank has been cleared and passengers are being bussed to the city, where they will be able to catch a taxi or an Uber.

The connecting bus to the city is free, and Uber and taxi services to the airport are operating as normal.

Earlier this morning, Uber rides remained unavailable and taxis arrived about every 10 minutes.

Passengers, unhappy with the waiting times, refused to line up in the rank, and left to find alternate transport.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/sout ... 37406b056f
Absolute ridiculous thing to do. Lose money and give people more of a reason to use Uber. Personally, I'm so fed up with taxi drivers going under the speed limit, taking the scenic route, the rudeness or even just the poor hygiene of some drivers. Don't get me wrong not all taxi drivers are like this, though my past experience has been pretty poor at the best of times.

This protest is just tarnishing their reputation even more and causing havoc for passengers. It's an idiotic move.
So due to their protesting everyone is hopping on the bus. I wonder how many regulars will opt to keep using the bus afterwards?

OlympusAnt
High Rise Poster!

#2388 Post by OlympusAnt » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:55 pm

I'm gonna be a cab driver soon and in no way will I have a pathetic attitude like that. I'll take as many fares as I legally can and take all the money from the bad drivers who have to do short pick ups instead :hilarious: :hilarious:
Follow me on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/135625678@N06/

serca
High Rise Poster!

#2389 Post by serca » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:59 pm

Drive-less automobiles in the next decade may upset their apple cart too

Just on drive-less cars i think the biggest bonus and F you moment to the state government will be road fines being redundant.

I was fined $420 recently for failing to indicate out of a single lane roundabout :toilet: . Only a few weeks earlier I got a $400 "speeding" fine for driving 60 in a 50 zone @ Woodville rd. Hardly a back street rather a dual lane main rd. These fines are pure revenue raising and I don't have any facts but can imagine the most costly in the world!!

Serious offences such as drink and drug driving or texting while driving, excessive speeding etc should carry serious consequence but these minor offences the fines are unjust.

All of these "safety camera's" in 50km zones are a joke and just another cost to the average person to help fund the state governments miss spendings and politicians retirement.

Im sure eventually once drive-less cars are here they will find a way to slog you for something else, J walking is dangerous Sir $1,000 fine, Odd socks look odd and offensive Sir $500 fine,

You Fuck Tards

The Scooter Guy
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#2390 Post by The Scooter Guy » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:10 pm

IF Port Power wins the 2017 Premiership Trophy, than we'll be partying like it's 2004! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

serca
High Rise Poster!

#2391 Post by serca » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:12 pm

Geeeeeez a very interesting and concerning episode on 4 corners tonight regarding PE cladding including the commonly used alucobond.

Not only are these products not meeting fire standards of the BCA they are proving to be highly flamable.

This could very well lead to massive liabilities, but who's going to wear the costs?

Amazing and annoying considering how over regulated other standards of fire protection are in the BCA, yet cheap nasty cost saving cladding manages to have a blind eye turned to it

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#2392 Post by rev » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:09 pm

serca wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:59 pm
Drive-less automobiles in the next decade may upset their apple cart too

Just on drive-less cars i think the biggest bonus and F you moment to the state government will be road fines being redundant.

I was fined $420 recently for failing to indicate out of a single lane roundabout :toilet: . Only a few weeks earlier I got a $400 "speeding" fine for driving 60 in a 50 zone @ Woodville rd. Hardly a back street rather a dual lane main rd. These fines are pure revenue raising and I don't have any facts but can imagine the most costly in the world!!

Serious offences such as drink and drug driving or texting while driving, excessive speeding etc should carry serious consequence but these minor offences the fines are unjust.

All of these "safety camera's" in 50km zones are a joke and just another cost to the average person to help fund the state governments miss spendings and politicians retirement.

Im sure eventually once drive-less cars are here they will find a way to slog you for something else, J walking is dangerous Sir $1,000 fine, Odd socks look odd and offensive Sir $500 fine,

You Fuck Tards
You got fined for not obeying the road rules? Yep, must be revenue raising. :hilarious:

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#2393 Post by Ben » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:25 pm

Over the weekend the government caught over 700 people on their mobile phones, each being fined $389. Conservatively they earned $272,300 in 2 days!!! Any move to driverless cars is going to massively effect every governments bottom line and ability to increase funding at the drop of a hat such as this past weekends "Operation distraction".

Llessur2002

#2394 Post by Llessur2002 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:43 pm

Ben wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:25 pm
Over the weekend the government caught over 700 people on their mobile phones, each being fined $389.
Bloody brilliant in my opinion.

fishinajar
High Rise Poster!

#2395 Post by fishinajar » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:58 pm

Ben wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:25 pm
Over the weekend the government caught over 700 people on their mobile phones, each being fined $389. Conservatively they earned $272,300 in 2 days!!! Any move to driverless cars is going to massively effect every governments bottom line and ability to increase funding at the drop of a hat such as this past weekends "Operation distraction".
And what do you think is the cost of the police resources utilised to capture this "revenue"? Police cars, stations, police staff (shift rates and 24/7 including public holidays), recruitment and training, management.
What do you think the cost of collecting this revenue" is? How many people contest the fine? How many times does it require debt collection or court action? Whats the cost of these services?
If traffic fines are a scam for collecting extra revenue, it's a s**t one.

serca
High Rise Poster!

#2396 Post by serca » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:59 pm

What the ? Most of those cost you are talking about are in direct and going to be there regardless of what they do with their time. Wages ? Stations ? Training ???

And yes Rev its pure revenue raising when you get slogged $420 for not indicating out of a single lane round about , in a back street thoroughfare. The officer even said that they were there to target that specifically. Who the fuck indicates out of a single lane around about when then are going straight.

As for people driving and texting they can fine them all they want for that its a shit act and exceptionally dangerous.

Nathan

#2397 Post by Nathan » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:50 pm

Everyone is supposed to indicate when leaving a roundabout, no matter which way they’re going. Just because it’s a back road doesn’t mean you can suddenly pick and choose road rules.

serca
High Rise Poster!

#2398 Post by serca » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:58 pm

Oh fair dinkum , yeah ok mate I'm sure you'd indicate when your leaving a small round about..... :toilet:

The point is $420 is bloody ridiculous and purely revenue raising for such a minor offence.

Nathan

#2399 Post by Nathan » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:39 pm

serca wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:58 pm
Oh fair dinkum , yeah ok mate I'm sure you'd indicate when your leaving a small round about..... :toilet:

The point is $420 is bloody ridiculous and purely revenue raising for such a minor offence.
My wife is learning to drive, so I know the rule about indicating to leave any roundabout well. It's very clear in the learners handbook, and any instructor will hammer it home.

If you, and other drivers, choose to ignore that because you think it's a silly rule, then wonder no more about why there's a meaty fine attached to it. Maybe you won't ignore it next time.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#2400 Post by SRW » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:55 pm

I'm all for people being fined when caught breaking road rules as these exist, by and large, for safety. But I do wonder sometimes about the proportionality of fines versus the offence, especially in relation to others. For the system to have integrity there has to be a logic to it. Mind, I have no specific cases to cite - it's just a thought bubble I've had when hearing of some of the expiations people have copped.
Keep Adelaide Weird