Beer Garden

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Beer Garden

#2806 Post by Howie » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:48 pm

Rev, I don't know what you are talking about, I'm the only one who has access to the forum logs. It is possible for anyone to edit a post within x minutes of posting, before being prevent from editing at all, that's just how the forum is configured.

Anyhow, there isn't a conspiracy between the mods (including Monotonehell). If you're not happy with this community please feel free to find another one, but I will not tolerate petty forum arguments and tit for tat on here. I'm sure I speak for everyone here, that I too get annoyed when I receive new post notification emails on subscribed threads only to find more forum wars. I really don't want to lock this thread, or issue any further bans, but I will if I have to.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#2807 Post by Howie » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:26 pm

Unlocked the thread. Let's try to keep the discussion clean.. happy 2018 guys.

The Scooter Guy
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#2808 Post by The Scooter Guy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:08 pm

The Producers Hotel on Grenfell St states 'Permanently Closed' on Google Maps.
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

[Shuz]

#2809 Post by [Shuz] » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:18 pm

FASCINATING.

Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

Nort

#2810 Post by Nort » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:03 pm

The Scooter Guy wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:08 pm
The Producers Hotel on Grenfell St states 'Permanently Closed' on Google Maps.
I wouldn't trust that, Producers is about to have it's busiest time of year with Fringe coming up.

serca
High Rise Poster!

#2811 Post by serca » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 pm

Bloody hilarious post there Shuz !! :lol:

adaptiveseosolutions
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#2812 Post by adaptiveseosolutions » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:38 pm

Good luck to them! :S

HiTouch
Legendary Member!

#2813 Post by HiTouch » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:14 pm

Yeah Shuz that post really tickled my fancy. Great job. 10 points for you.

HiTouch
Legendary Member!

#2814 Post by HiTouch » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:15 am

Carls Jr Kilburn is opening up tomorrow!! :banana:

visionseo
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#2815 Post by visionseo » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:57 am

Carls Jr is so good! :banana: Mount barker is a bit of a drive...

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#2816 Post by rev » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:17 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSrA2GO8nyk
What a load of apologist lycra wearing bullshit excuses, by a lycra wearing tosspot.
Felt he needed to put the video up, showing all the things they did wrong, while he commentates saying it's no big deal, nobody is in danger...
Then gets pulled up by the police.

So with the Adelaide 500 in just over a month, if any Supercar drivers decide to take their Supercars out on the road and start going around for "training", will the police be so lenient and only give them a lecture without fining them or impounding their cars?
Will I be able to go out with my mate and our HSV R8's and tag along with the pro-racers in their training runs around Adelaide's streets and get away with breaking road rules?

What a cop out, he says at the end it looks like it's their first time in Adelaide.
So I assume that whatever country they all come from, that they have no road rules there, and no traffic signals or road signs...

One of two things needs to happen.
Either cyclists are required to be licensed, pay registration and display plates on their bikes like all other vehicles on the roads, or bikes are banned from roads.
Of course because the minority is the loudest and most annoying, we all know nothing will happen in that regard.
Making them accountable, by making them identifiable to the police, will force them to comply with road rules. Of course you'll get the few who don't, like you do with motorists.
But right now there is no accountability and they know it, and they do what ever the hell they want.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a rise in road rage incidents with cyclists getting bashed by motorists, although I guess it's only a matter of time as cyclists become more brazen and aggressive on the roads.

rev

#2817 Post by rev » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:22 pm

RT @BOM_SA: Interesting stat: In the 10 summers 1989-1999, #Adelaide (Kent Town) had 17 days of 40°C or more. In the last 10 summers, #Adelaide has had 60 days of 40°C or more, and this summer is not over yet! Temps expected to reach 40+°C again for the #AustraliaDay long weekend

https://twitter.com/CFSAlerts/status/955222707469275137

Interesting stat indeed.

Nathan

#2818 Post by Nathan » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:02 pm

rev wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:17 pm
What a load of apologist lycra wearing bullshit excuses, by a lycra wearing tosspot.
Felt he needed to put the video up, showing all the things they did wrong, while he commentates saying it's no big deal, nobody is in danger...
Then gets pulled up by the police.

So with the Adelaide 500 in just over a month, if any Supercar drivers decide to take their Supercars out on the road and start going around for "training", will the police be so lenient and only give them a lecture without fining them or impounding their cars?
Will I be able to go out with my mate and our HSV R8's and tag along with the pro-racers in their training runs around Adelaide's streets and get away with breaking road rules?

What a cop out, he says at the end it looks like it's their first time in Adelaide.
So I assume that whatever country they all come from, that they have no road rules there, and no traffic signals or road signs...

One of two things needs to happen.
Either cyclists are required to be licensed, pay registration and display plates on their bikes like all other vehicles on the roads, or bikes are banned from roads.
Of course because the minority is the loudest and most annoying, we all know nothing will happen in that regard.
Making them accountable, by making them identifiable to the police, will force them to comply with road rules. Of course you'll get the few who don't, like you do with motorists.
But right now there is no accountability and they know it, and they do what ever the hell they want.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a rise in road rage incidents with cyclists getting bashed by motorists, although I guess it's only a matter of time as cyclists become more brazen and aggressive on the roads.
At risk of prodding a hornets nest — if the Team Sky riders were licensed, paid registration, and displayed plates, would that have played out any differently? Looks like they were completely accountable for their actions by the very fact they were pulled over.

rev

#2819 Post by rev » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:09 pm

Nathan wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:02 pm
At risk of prodding a hornets nest — if the Team Sky riders were licensed, paid registration, and displayed plates, would that have played out any differently? Looks like they were completely accountable for their actions by the very fact they were pulled over.
They pulled over. Because police saw them.
You can report a motorist doing the wrong thing and provide rego details. Police follow up.
If I saw those guys on bikes and not the police, how could I report them for police to follow up?

Nathan

#2820 Post by Nathan » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:14 pm

rev wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:09 pm
You can report a motorist doing the wrong thing and provide rego details. Police follow up.
:hilarious: