Beer Garden

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: Beer Garden

#676 Post by crawf » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:01 pm

Umm?
From Google Earth

Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#677 Post by Nathan » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:58 pm

crawf wrote:Umm?
From Google Earth
It's been like that for a while. Also note the tram line still appearing to terminate in Victoria Square.

If you zoom in all the way, you can see quite a few misplaced businesses as well - although I'd say that's more down to those businesses putting their details in wrong, than Google stuffing it up. (For instance, the Botanic is labelled as Newmarket...)

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#678 Post by monotonehell » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:56 pm

Hooligan wrote:Image
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Somebody
High Rise Poster!

#679 Post by Somebody » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:51 pm

lol I cant believe I'm actually looking at this forum. I'm so bored that I'm back here, havent been on this for 4 months lol
The Gold Coast - Australia's centre for insipid, tacky & boring.

jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member

#680 Post by jk1237 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:44 am

Somebody wrote:lol I cant believe I'm actually looking at this forum. I'm so bored that I'm back here, havent been on this for 4 months lol
go upload your Europe photos or something

The Scooter Guy

#681 Post by The Scooter Guy » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:22 pm

THE world's most popular games console is being upgraded.
Japanese games giant Nintendo is developing a high-definition model of its Wii console, which has sold more than 30 million units globally.
Though no official announcement has been made, games developers in Japan have been given top secret briefings on the next-generation console, thought to be named Wii HD.
The new console will support high-definition graphics, bringing it in line with Sony's PS3 and Microsoft's Xbox 360 and will likely debut in late 2011.
The Wii HD is also rumoured to feature a high-capacity hard drive for the storage and streaming of digital content such as music and video.
Meanwhile, Nintendo will also soon launch a large-screen version of its DSi hand-held game console in Japan aimed at elderly people.
Nintendo may introduce the new model, with a screen size twice as big as the existing version, by the end of the year, a Nikkei business daily said today, adding the company was also considering overseas sales.
The company expected larger screens to attract elderly people who complained that the existing version was hard to look at, while leading to new applications such as reading electronic books and watching video, it said.
The price would be roughly the same as the ¥18,900 ($220) price tag for the existing version, the daily said without naming its sources.
The DSi, the latest in the DS double-screen game console series, was released about a year ago with two built-in cameras.

Courtesy of Herald Sun
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#682 Post by Howie » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:30 pm

Welcome to the 21st century Nintendo :lol:

Omicron

#683 Post by Omicron » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:34 pm

Dear Employers To Whom I Apply,

Please employ me.

Much love,

Omi.

(yo)

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#684 Post by crawf » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:56 pm

Shocking! :D

The Scooter Guy

#685 Post by The Scooter Guy » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:53 pm

Howie wrote:Welcome to the 21st century Nintendo :lol:
Nintendo does indeed release their gaming systems every 5-6 years!
Here's the release list (North American order):
Nintendo Entertainment System (1986)
Super Nintendo Entertainment System (1991)
Nintendo 64 (1996)
Gamecube (2001)
Wii (2006)
Wii HD (2011)

Who knows if there will be a Wii HD? Only time will tell! :|
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#686 Post by Shuz » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:04 am

Public appeal succeeds in Skyshow's return at Clipsal 500

BRYAN LITTLELY
November 10, 2009 12:01am
ADELAIDE will host its biggest party on March 13 when the return of Skyshow erupts over the Clipsal 500 track and a crowd tipped to reach 150,000.

The firepower of social networking site Facebook has delivered the return of the SAFM Skyshow after a three-year break - and Clipsal 500 organisers have secured the fireworks display, which will be synchronised to music, for the Saturday night of the carnival.

Paramedic and mother of three Melissa Turner was shocked to hear yesterday that her quest to bring back the SAFM Skyshow, which became an Adelaide institution over 22 years of consecutive displays until 2006, had worked.

She began the Facebook group Bring Back The SAFM Skyshow, which last night had more than 10,500 members and caught the attention of the radio station, new event sponsor Stratco and the Clipsal 500 organisers.

"Skyshow was a big icon in my life growing up," Ms Turner said.

"We would travel from the country and make a day of it in Bonython Park. We all loved it.

What are your favourite Skyshow memories and what music goes best with the fireworks? Have your say in the comment box below.

"I'd started taking my children to the event and was really disappointed when I found out it was going . . . I was devastated to think that was the end of Skyshow."

Ms Turner said she turned to Facebook in a bid to get support for a return of the fireworks event because it was the modern way to protest.

"I'd never used Facebook to make a point, but there's so many people on Facebook now that it's a good way to get a message out to lots of people," she said.

South Australian Motor Sport Board chief executive Jason Allen and SAFM general manager Peter Maynard said Ms Turner's message, and the weight of support on the Facebook site, prompted SAFM to pick up the cause, and when Stratco came on board as major sponsor it was a logical next step to bring Skyshow back with a big bang at the Clipsal 500.

"It's going to be awesome, and will take the event to a new level," Mr Allen said yesterday.

"It is a family event and it's party time whether you are seven, 17 or a little older."

Mr Maynard said Skyshow combined the power and passion of the world's finest contemporary hit songs with the breathtaking excitement and adrenalin rush of pyrotechnic heaven.

"It is the one event that has brought Adelaide together in a sonic celebration of blinding lights," he said.

As with previous SAFM Skyshows, the event will be free and the Clipsal 500 gates will be opened at 6.30pm on the Saturday for people to come into the circuit precinct for the best possible view.

The Australian Idols concert featuring Jessica Mauboy, Wes Carr, Tom Williams, and the 2009 Idol winner will also be staged.
It just won't be the same. :(

aceman
High Rise Poster!

#687 Post by aceman » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:21 pm

Hi guys, I'M BACK. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

God I love this place! So much culture and hot chicks everywhere! Hope the wife doesn't stumble into this post :shock: It's so bloody hot over here compared to that dump of a place Canberra. I really missed the beach while I was away.

Anyway time to go exploring and check out what's changed. That new apartment building on the old Balfours site can now be seen from all over town! I will have to go around and take some pics with my new camera when it cools down.

Glad to be back everyone and look forward to participating on this site more regularly.

Vee
Legendary Member!

#688 Post by Vee » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:36 pm

aceman wrote:Hi guys, I'M BACK. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

God I love this place!

Glad to be back everyone and look forward to participating on this site more regularly.
Welcome back!
Adelaide is so cool, actually, hot right now - with 40 degrees forecast today.

Lots of changes to check out and I'm sure you will get plenty of tips from S-A.
I really love the changes at the Adelaide Zoo, including new entrance (sorely needed) and the fabulous Giant panda exhibit (opening soon). And Monarto open range zoo keeps getting better and better. Sure to put Adelaide on the tourist map.

North Terrace refurb, tram extension and Ent Centre addition.
Growth of I/N students, city living added plus.

Omicron

#689 Post by Omicron » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:09 pm

I am super-cool. I am both logged-in AND not logged-in AT THE SAME TIME:

8)

The Scooter Guy

#690 Post by The Scooter Guy » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:35 pm

My PC's graphics card is dying and caused a black space to appear on the screen! So I could either have the PC taken to A&R to have the graphics card replaced or get a new PC with Windows 7!