Beer Garden

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
urban
Legendary Member!

Re: Beer Garden

#76 Post by urban » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:37 pm

crawf wrote:Hey guys, I fly of to Darwin tomorrow night for a well needed 2 week break :D. I have never been to Darwin before, so is there anything I must see or do while I'm up there?

Btw this will be first time I have ever flown, so that could be interesting :lol:. Though I've been on the Ghan to Alice Springs, V/Line and the Overland before.
Pee Wee's Restaurant - World recognised (Phaidon Atlas of Contemporary Architecture) quintessentially tropical architecture with a view across the bay (not cheap food though)

Darwin's 'iconic' Convention Centre (virtually identical to ours).

Omicron
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#77 Post by Omicron » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:49 pm

crawf wrote:Hey guys, I fly of to Darwin tomorrow night for a well needed 2 week break :D. I have never been to Darwin before, so is there anything I must see or do while I'm up there?

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#78 Post by Cruise » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:23 pm

Omicron wrote:

what he said

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#79 Post by Will » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:58 pm

Btw this will be first time I have ever flown, so that could be interesting :lol:. Though I've been on the Ghan to Alice Springs, V/Line and the Overland before.
Crawf, I would really appreciate it if you could take a few photos around the CBD, as in 2 years time I am really considering moving to Darwin for 1 year as part of my medical training.

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#80 Post by Cruise » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:40 pm

I just relised today i wont retire until 2052, this saddens me

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#81 Post by Wayno » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:47 pm

wow! 1st flight - hope you enjoy it. I've done 300+ flights, and still love it. A few times i've fallen asleep prior to take-off, and i regularly forget i'm 10km up in the air. Suppose we get used to anything...
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

teflon fox
Donating Member
Donating Member

#82 Post by teflon fox » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:40 pm

Make sure you get down to the wharf for a great seafood meal. The views and atmosphere are as good
as you can get anywhere. Enjoy ! :)

Will409
Legendary Member!

#83 Post by Will409 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:44 pm

Just thought I'd show you all how a topicless thread should be done courtesy of the guys at Railpage. At it's height, an extra 100 pages a day were being added.

I bring forth a useless post!

Now I want you all to read all 2132 pages before class tommorrow!

(Because of the enormous strain on the Railpage server, which can't even handle an empty bowl of soup, the thread was locked but we have a mark II running now!)
Image LINK TO YOUTUBE PROFILE.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#84 Post by Norman » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:53 pm

I'm capped :( (ie slowed down to Dial-up speed) and will be so for another week. Oh, the humanity!

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#85 Post by crawf » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:57 am

Thanks guys. don't worry Will I'll take heaps of pics :D

Moving on and got nothing to do with SA, though I just found this photo of my old hometown on Railpage taken by Matt McFarlane of a recent bad dust storm in Mildura

It really does bring memories back, we used to get some really bad dust storms when we were living there. Once there was a really bad dust storm back in 2004 and it looked like we were in Mars! it was pretty amazing, all you could see was just bright orange - even worse than that photo. Though the clean up wasn't fun.

Also once it rained mud up there, because of a bad dust storm then a thunderstorm. Speaking of thunderstorms I hope to see some really good ones up in Darwin, apparently they are amazing up there.

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#86 Post by AtD » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:40 am

That dust storm hit us the other week too, but it was both preceded and followed by a very light rain, not enough to wash the dust away but enough to turn it into mud.

Omicron
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#87 Post by Omicron » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:43 pm

What's rather nice is how much better Adelaide looks when compared to US cities of a similar size.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#88 Post by Norman » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:23 pm

I'm hoping everyone likes my new signature :D

Less text, more style!

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#89 Post by monotonehell » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:37 am

Norman wrote:I'm hoping everyone likes my new signature :D

Less text, more style!
I noticed it, I prefer it.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#90 Post by Cruise » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:39 am

i'm hoping everyone is liking my new avatar