Cost of US war in Iraq and Afghanistan

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
ozisnowman
High Rise Poster!

Re: Cost of US war in Iraq and Afghanistan

#16 Post by ozisnowman » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:09 am

stelaras wrote:yes and once they solely control the oil in Iraq, Afghanistan and eventualy Iran, they will wipe off that debt very quickly....!

all that money could have eliminated 3rd world debt and 3rd world hunger in an instant!
They may one day control the oil in Iraq, Afghanistan and Iran but they will pay a very high
price for doing it, both in cost of lives, military presence and hardware... so i doubt they
will wipe off that debt quite the contrary their debt will most likely increase.

One thing the USA hasn't done well is look at the history books to see how fanatical these
people are and the fact they dont like any form of occupation even if that occupation
removes a dictator or tyrant.

Also the debt in the USA is mostly due to American's insatiable appetite for cheap goods
just like in Australia that means cheap electronics, good etc from China, India and
Asia in general.

stelaras
High Rise Poster!

#17 Post by stelaras » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:33 am

ozisnowman wrote:
stelaras wrote:yes and once they solely control the oil in Iraq, Afghanistan and eventualy Iran, they will wipe off that debt very quickly....!

all that money could have eliminated 3rd world debt and 3rd world hunger in an instant!
They may one day control the oil in Iraq, Afghanistan and Iran but they will pay a very high
price for doing it, both in cost of lives, military presence and hardware... so i doubt they
will wipe off that debt quite the contrary their debt will most likely increase.

One thing the USA hasn't done well is look at the history books to see how fanatical these
people are and the fact they dont like any form of occupation even if that occupation
removes a dictator or tyrant.

Also the debt in the USA is mostly due to American's insatiable appetite for cheap goods
just like in Australia that means cheap electronics, good etc from China, India and
Asia in general.

I should qualify by debt i meant the 1.9 T that it has cost them to wage these wars, not the total US debt

stelaras
High Rise Poster!

#18 Post by stelaras » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:36 am

Bulldozer wrote:All this hate for the USA and their military, yet here you are posting on the Internet! :roll:

I dont think that anyonw here has expressed Hatred towards the US....

The country (USA) sees itself along with its friends as the worlds Policemen and that is what most people on here are saying in a roundabout way!

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#19 Post by rev » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:17 pm

Bulldozer wrote:All this hate for the USA and their military, yet here you are posting on the Internet! :roll:
I'll tell you now, I don't hate the USA or their military.
I disagree with American foreign policy and actions throughout the world, that doesn't make me anti-American.
I disagree with Australian involvement in Iraq, do you consider me anti-Australian as well?

Al
VIP Member
VIP Member

#20 Post by Al » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:32 pm

I think you have misunderstood what this topic is about. I don't hate Americans in general and I believe many people here don't either. I was simply pointing out how much money has gone into these two wars. I have relatives who are US citizens yet I don't want to live there or be an American myself. IMHO Australia is the best country to live in, Adelaide being one of the best places in Australia. :D

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#21 Post by Will » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:39 pm

"You are either with us or with the terrorists". :roll:

Bulldozer
High Rise Poster!

#22 Post by Bulldozer » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:28 pm

Al wrote:
I think you have misunderstood what this topic is about.
I wanted to point out the irony of whinging about the USA and what they're doing militarily via a creation of their military. I admit I could have made the point better because now I read it, it doesn't seem as witty as I thought - indeed it seems like flamebait now I have seen the responses to it.