Heath Ledger Dies

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

Heath Ledger Dies

#1 Post by Pikey » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:49 am

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: Heath Ledger Dies

#2 Post by crawf » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:57 am

I'm just in shock, so young and a great aussie actor. RIP

aussie2000
High Rise Poster!

#3 Post by aussie2000 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:49 pm

yer, not as much as the shock as steve irwin, but its a very sad day for Australia and the movie industry he was only like 28

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#4 Post by crawf » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:22 am

This is so low, its sickening. I hope their plane falls from the sky :x . Though apparently they are the most hated church in America, glad we don't have this in Adelaide or even Australia.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#5 Post by Howie » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:44 am

Image not working crawf.

now they're reporting on the news they found a rolled up 20 dollar note, pill bottles around him... so either he got high and overdosed or he successfully committed suicide. sad stuff what's going on with celebrities of late, they've got everything and throw it all away.

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#6 Post by Cruise » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:38 pm

Howie wrote:Image not working crawf.

now they're reporting on the news they found a rolled up 20 dollar note, pill bottles around him... so either he got high and overdosed or he successfully committed suicide. sad stuff what's going on with celebrities of late, they've got everything and throw it all away.
Once you have everything, what is there left to strive for?

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#7 Post by Howie » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:48 pm

Recently watching a Jon Bon Jovi interview.. where he talks about how he feels about stars who are throwing their lives away. Jon Bon Jovi has been at the top of his game for nearly three decades now.. but has pretty much remained scandal free, and keeps a pretty private life and enjoys a good family life. On the flip side, britney spears dating that paparazzi, nicole richie and paris hilton and the countless sex scandals, now heath and a possible drug habit? There's got to be more for them than fame/sex/drugs/money..

stelaras
High Rise Poster!

#8 Post by stelaras » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:58 pm

Howie wrote:Recently watching a Jon Bon Jovi interview.. where he talks about how he feels about stars who are throwing their lives away. Jon Bon Jovi has been at the top of his game for nearly three decades now.. but has pretty much remained scandal free, and keeps a pretty private life and enjoys a good family life. On the flip side, britney spears dating that paparazzi, nicole richie and paris hilton and the countless sex scandals, now heath and a possible drug habit? There's got to be more for them than fame/sex/drugs/money..

He couldnt be at the top of his game for 30 years, he is only 35 or 36 years old! He did have a serious drug problem when Bon Jovi was in his teens...apparantly clean now but only he knows the truth to that..

Unfortunately the common link to all those names that you suggested is youth..They were all thrust into stardom as kids. Meaning no disrespect to teenagers that are reading and subscribing to this site. Teens are not fully equiped with the armory of wisdom, knowledge and self control.

The beauty of youth afores an aura of invincibility and an "i can get over everything attitude". To some young people who have talent also want fame and fortune, believing that fame and fortune will bring happiness.

These young stars are thrust into public life, given lots of money for reasonably little effort are befrended by "minders and pseudo friends" eventualy wake to realise that public life is not fun, these friends are not friends but leeches and feel very very lonely and to a certain degree abused by the curse of public life itself.

This leads to depression and weird behaviour, which is treated by what??? drugs

The solution is not easy...but one thing for sure i feel sorry for people in the public eye...perhaps it is the public that is to blame, perhaps if we let them lead a normal well adjusted life and stop idolising and scrutinising their every move, then perhaps senseless loss of young life will cease....

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#9 Post by crawf » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:58 pm

Edit - I think photobucket blocked the image thats why its not working. I think I'll just post the link and not the actually release. because this is quite disturbing and disgusting.

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1658/westboroua9.jpg

This has caused so much outrage around the world (even in the media), not only because of Heath Ledger but the fact that these lowlives even do this, picket peoples funerals because of their sexuality or race. Makes me glad to be a Australian

It would be good when this devil leader passes on and a large number of people picket at his funeral, hopefully one with a match outside the church when all these sickos are in there. Giving them a fast tracked ticket to Hell, because thats where they belong.

Theres even a website called godhatesfags.com, which lists some of the funerals of homosexuality people etc... calling on their people to go and picket out the funeral, these people have even been known to cheer and clap when the body gets lowered to the ground not giving a rats ass of the feelings for the grieving family and friends, god that makes my blood boil!

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#10 Post by Howie » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:46 pm

stelaras wrote:He couldnt be at the top of his game for 30 years, he is only 35 or 36 years old! He did have a serious drug problem when Bon Jovi was in his teens...apparantly clean now but only he knows the truth to that..
Sorry i don't know what i was smoking when i wrote that. :lol:

Paulns
Donating Member
Donating Member

#11 Post by Paulns » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:35 am

Rest in Peace Heath, you're a legend mate!
"SA GOING ALL THE WAY".

Brando
Donating Member
Donating Member

#12 Post by Brando » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:24 pm

Cruise wrote:
Howie wrote:Image not working crawf.

Once you have everything, what is there left to strive for?
Your family..His young daughter Matilda.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#13 Post by SRW » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:12 am

Seems ACC had an interview with Fred Phelps:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AMdpfjSyW_8

Just appalling. Both Phelps and ACC.

I saw a really good documentary early last year about Fred Phelps and the Westboro Baptist Church called The Most Hated Family in America. Worth watching, and I think some of (possibly all of) it is on YouTube.

RIP Heath.
Keep Adelaide Weird