Krispy Kreme donuts in Adelaide

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
jlimty
Sen-Rookie-Sational

Re: Krispy Kreme donuts in Adelaide

#31 Post by jlimty » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:05 pm

KK's is coming?! Finally! Now I don't have to lug a box back every time I fly back from Sydney :mrgreen:

aussie2000
High Rise Poster!

#32 Post by aussie2000 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:55 am

its not coming to adelaide, its a petition to get it here

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#33 Post by Ben » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:56 am

Just got back from Melbourne where I tried krispy Kremes for the second time after being dissapointed the first time. Lets just say the second time was far worse then my first experience. i don;t see the fascination with these donuts they are horrendous and an American Gimmick.

If you want to try a real delicious donut try Gourmet Glaze in City Cross 100 times better then any Krispy Kreme donut and guess what they are local!

We don't need another American store like krispy Kreme here.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#34 Post by Howie » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:01 am

Gourmet Glaze does awesome flavoured donuts, but still nothing comes close to KK's for their original glazed donuts.

Queen Anne
Donating Member
Donating Member

#35 Post by Queen Anne » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:47 pm

Ben wrote:Just got back from Melbourne where I tried krispy Kremes for the second time after being dissapointed the first time. Lets just say the second time was far worse then my first experience. i don;t see the fascination with these donuts they are horrendous and an American Gimmick.

If you want to try a real delicious donut try Gourmet Glaze in City Cross 100 times better then any Krispy Kreme donut and guess what they are local!

I tend to agree Ben, though I must admit I liked the Krispy Kremes I have had. And, interestingly, it is a very old company (1937) and I kinda like that.

But America has a very bland shopping scene, in my opinion - so many chains! One thing I greatly miss about home is our greater range of independent businesses and one of my bigger fears is that this seems to be slowly being eroded.

BradJC
Gold-Member ;)

#36 Post by BradJC » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:08 pm

Just got back from Melbourne where I tried krispy Kremes for the second time after being dissapointed the first time. Lets just say the second time was far worse then my first experience. i don;t see the fascination with these donuts they are horrendous and an American Gimmick.

I agree also. I've tried KK's and Gourmet Glaze's 'original glaze' donuts and have come to the conclusion that Gourmet Glaze kicks KK in the ass. What a load of hype-bullshit.

Paulns
Donating Member
Donating Member

#37 Post by Paulns » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:17 pm

I know these arent Krispy Kreme donuts but another global sweet chain store is about to open up in the Adelaide CBD called, "Beard Papa Sweets". Don't know much about them or where in the city, except for the fact that they claim to make the Worlds best Cream Puffs and in Australia their based in Brisbane and have stores there, Sydney and Melbourne at the moment.
http://www.beardpapasweets.com.au
"SA GOING ALL THE WAY".

debk67
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#38 Post by debk67 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:18 pm

I love these donuts but then im not a south australian but an easterner which might explain it lol..I have emailed KK so many times and told "no Adelaide is not getting a store", I heard a rumour that they cant open one here due to some reason..sorry cant remember the finer details..I havnt tried GG as yet..are they that good??? At the moment I too am relying on friends to being back mixed dozen of KK each time they fly interstate..is the IGA store order thingy still going???

Queen Anne
Donating Member
Donating Member

#39 Post by Queen Anne » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:37 pm

Lol, welcome aboard debk67,

I'd send you some Krispy Kremes from Seattle if I could :)

jlimty
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#40 Post by jlimty » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:30 pm

Paulns wrote:I know these arent Krispy Kreme donuts but another global sweet chain store is about to open up in the Adelaide CBD called, "Beard Papa Sweets". Don't know much about them or where in the city, except for the fact that they claim to make the Worlds best Cream Puffs and in Australia their based in Brisbane and have stores there, Sydney and Melbourne at the moment.
http://www.beardpapasweets.com.au
They've opened a store in the City on King William Street (just at the entrance to the Southern Cross food court) and I must say they taste absolutely delish! They had a promotion when they first opened where you could buy 8 Cream Puffs (any combination of flavours) for about $15 from memory. Unfortunately you have the pay the same price for 6 Cream Puffs now which I find a little pricey. Hopefully the price doesn't affect its business too much.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#41 Post by Norman » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:22 pm

debk67 wrote:I love these donuts but then im not a south australian but an easterner which might explain it lol..I have emailed KK so many times and told "no Adelaide is not getting a store", I heard a rumour that they cant open one here due to some reason..sorry cant remember the finer details..I havnt tried GG as yet..are they that good??? At the moment I too am relying on friends to being back mixed dozen of KK each time they fly interstate..is the IGA store order thingy still going???
Yeah, it's still going. They come in every week AFAIK.

nayonaise
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#42 Post by nayonaise » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:49 pm

I've searched White and yellow pages and can not find an IGA on North Terrace. Have they moved? Is there still a way to get KK ordered into Adelaide?

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#43 Post by monotonehell » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:07 pm

nayonaise wrote:I've searched White and yellow pages and can not find an IGA on North Terrace. Have they moved? Is there still a way to get KK ordered into Adelaide?
The only IGA I know on Nth Tce is just opposite the RAH, in the new building there...
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?near=ade ... 5698838943
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Omicron
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#44 Post by Omicron » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:43 pm

nayonaise wrote:I've searched White and yellow pages and can not find an IGA on North Terrace. Have they moved? Is there still a way to get KK ordered into Adelaide?
Fill my pocket with crisp $100 notes and I'll fly to Melbourne on your behalf.

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#45 Post by pushbutton » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:03 pm

I tried one last year when someone at work brought some over from Melbourne. I could not see what all the fuss was about. I prefer the new range of donuts at Donut King, or (much better still) a freshly made one from donut king with just a little bit of cinnamon / sugar on, served hot and fresh!

Even then it's an unhealthy, occasional treat but not something I'd want to have regularly.