nastiness on ssc... what's the go?

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

nastiness on ssc... what's the go?

#1 Post by Howie » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:36 pm

everytime i come into the ssc sa forums i see yet another forum member from perth making nasty comments about adelaide...

e.g. what's that perth4life fella's deal? you don't see us in the perth/wa forum ripping on their city. everything that comes out of this guy's mouth is crap.

anyhow... sorry juz had to get it off my chest.

Algernon
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#2 Post by Algernon » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:02 pm

Hence why I jumped ship...

Ozscrapers will never be the forum it wants to be when people like Cul are in charge. Great bloke, knows his skyscrapers... can't run a raffle...

SA has S-A, Vic has Walking Melbourne, do NSW and QLD ahve their own forums?

AG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#3 Post by AG » Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:24 pm

It ain't just the Perth forumers who can't back up their own statements that shit me, but also a couple of Adelaidean forumers as well, none as far as I know who are regulars on this forum.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#4 Post by Howie » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:45 pm

Thats probably because we kicked em out early on here.

But from my visits at ssc, this is what i've gathered ... we don't have freeways like perth, we're not cosmopolitan like greece, we need to be constantly reminded that it's about time we got a new tram/airport/*insert transport infrastructure here*...... i mean the moderators should really draw the line, and try to keep these bozos out of the construction threads and leave it somewhere in the skybar or the news section.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#5 Post by Will » Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:35 pm

I don't understand why the Perth people like to attack us. Just because Perth has two really tall skyscrapers doesn't mean they are a better city than Adelaide. Perth is nothing special.

I haven't visited the ssc forum for over a month now, mainly because of the toilet effluvium that is written by idiotic 12 year olds.

I really appreaciate the proffesionalism and intelligence of this forum, I hope we are able to keep rubbish like Giorgious69 out of here.

greenchilli
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#6 Post by greenchilli » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:30 pm

who else is there thats annoying? giorgos is a idiot sumtimes - i think the greek pride has really sunk into him too much.

Pants
VIP Member
VIP Member

#7 Post by Pants » Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:34 am

I just try to ignore it.

I'd hate to see us all stop posting on the SA section of SSC and handing it over to those that we're complaining about.

This place is definately better, but I feel like we've got to keep that place ticking over too, so that interstate (and to some extent OS) posters who wouldn't visit this site can see that there's a bit going on in Adelaide.

How fucking noble and patriotic of me huh? 8)
Last edited by Pants on Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

#8 Post by Pikey » Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:00 am

SSC, what can I say. With Cul trying to compare every fucking thing to sydney, Redstar complaining about no 7000m tall buildings in Adelaide, and the king of all motherfucking enemas, Giorgiousopololos, or what ever his fucking name is, the place is a shit hole. I only get on there to poach the occasional scoop for this site (if we ever miss one) and check up on Eureka. Apart from that, couldn't give a rat's toss bag.

My brilliant, two cents worth. I'm going for a lie down now.
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#9 Post by UrbanSG » Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:06 pm

Pikey I can't stop laughing :lol: Love that post sums it up really well :D

Al
VIP Member
VIP Member

#10 Post by Al » Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:24 pm

Wow! I thought I was the only person with a problem with Giorgios the greek.

Pants
VIP Member
VIP Member

#11 Post by Pants » Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:23 pm

Al wrote:Wow! I thought I was the only person with a problem with Giorgios the greek.
Who's a member on here btw.

Hi George, if you're reading.

Algernon
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#12 Post by Algernon » Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:58 pm

I'm pretty happy with the contingent we have on SA. It'll need a little trimming around the edges every now and then, to get rid of obnoxious weeds such as shuzstar-taxafolia and the like.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#13 Post by Howie » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:17 pm

Pants wrote:I just try to ignore it.

I'd hate to see us all stop posting on the SA section of SSC and handing it over to those that we're complaining about.
I agree. It's important that we're represented well on the SSC south australia forum, i particularly like the quick links thread, that always surprises interstaters when i direct them there.
Will wrote:I don't understand why the Perth people like to attack us. Just because Perth has two really tall skyscrapers doesn't mean they are a better city than Adelaide. Perth is nothing special.
I went visiting the perth forum on SSC recently to see if these anti-adelaide comments have any basis, but I don't see a whole lot going on either. A few mid-rises here and there.. but overally I don't see how they have anything on Adelaide, in fact I think it may be part of an inferiority complex that some of the perth members have developed.

But it's understandable to some extent, a couple of adelaide members have this sort of mindset towards victorians but as someone's mentioned before we don't even register on their radar.. so why push it?

tayser
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#14 Post by tayser » Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:07 pm

Smaller sub communities will always be likely to get lost in large forums like SSC. Even the larger ones somewhat get lost in among all the shit that forums like SSC bring out in people.

There are a few different types of people who stumble upon the likes of SSC/SSP etc: the ones who just want to find out data about things, the little kids who are too young to be using the internet and just post about their immature tendancies which tend to be along the lines of "OMG WHY DOES MELBOURNE HAVE XYZ WHEN ADELAIDE DOESN'T?" (I think most of you know who I'm talking about), the urbanists - although they're probably the ones who are likely to get burned by the people who just want to talk about skyscrapers and nothing else (hint hint) and the people working in the industry - there are a few on SSC, surprising they stick around so long seeming as though the joint has a culture of 'skyscrapers first, everything else second' now.

When you remove the annoyance of having the kids and the single-minded people who only focus on one thing, you have the groundwork for a vibrant community - and that's why I think this forum is the best thing to happen to SSC as the SA section was the smallest community and it was pretty much victim to all the fuckery that can ensue on there.

Walking Melbourne as yob was talking about above has seen solid organic growth ever since it was relaunched 6 months ago and it's slowly seeing cross-overs from SSC, there's a few unfamiliar faces (nicks :D) on here that I haven't seen on SSC so I assume it's exactly the same here.

Stay here, grow the local urban South Australian community on a local server where you won't be pushed down the list of sub-forums where few people will visit.

$0.02