Car chase from Parafield to CBD.

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

Car chase from Parafield to CBD.

#1 Post by crawf » Thu May 29, 2008 8:37 pm

Did anyone see this?, I heard a whole heap of sirens though didn't much of it at the time.

Wanted pair arrested after chase through suburbs and city
BERNARD HUMPHREYS, SAM RODRIGUES, DOUG ROBERTSON

May 29, 2008 03:30pm
A CHASE through the city during lunch hour has ended with the dramatic arrest of two people wanted over a series of break-ins in the northern suburbs.

Police arrested a man and woman on Currie St opposite the Adelaide Remand Centre just before midday.

The arrests came after up to six police cars chased a damaged late model Toyota sedan through city streets at about 11.30am.

Police later said the pair were wanted over a series of "serious criminal trespasses". They would not provide details, but AdelaideNow has discovered that the car involved carried stolen numberplates police had connected to a series of break-ins.

Picture gallery: See the dramatic arrest in Currie Street

The chase began about 30 minutes earlier in the northern suburbs.

The vehicle, driven by the man, was seen heading west on Waymouth St despite being without a tyre on its front driver's side wheel.

At one stage, the car was driven down the wrong side of King William St at speeds around 80km/h. A line of police cars then followed the vehicle down narrow Waymouth St as sparks flew from the wheel rim.

The chase ended when the gold Toyota Camry, allegedly bearing stolen number plates, was forced off the road by police in Currie St in the city just before midday.

The move ended the chase as the driver lost control and the car hit a verandah post of the Edinburgh Castle Hotel.

What was initially a high-speed chase had slowed as the car ground through the city after blowing a tyre.

"There were about six police cars following them, they were only doing about 20 clicks when the cop hit the back end and took it out," said a hotel employee who said his name was Nick.

"I guess they had to stop them somehow."

Witnesses said the man was aggressive and agitated while being arrested. Several items of evidence were seized from the car.

It followed an earlier warning from Elizabeth detectives of two people in a Camry - with the same number plates as those in the crashed car - who were wanted for several recent house-breaks.

Electrical goods, computers and clothing had been targeted in most of the break-ins around Paralowie and Parafield Gardens.

Those who witnessed the city chase said the police lights and sirens startled pedestrians.

"You could hear them coming," said Peter Jenner.

"It was quite surprising for the city and lucky they were going so slow."

Acting Chief Superintendent Scott Denny said at least three police cars were damaged in the chase.

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/stor ... 01,00.html

cinema4
Sen-Rookie-Sational

Re: Car chase from Parafield to CBD.

#2 Post by cinema4 » Thu May 29, 2008 9:26 pm

what a joke. another case of irresponsible gung ho pigs endangering countless lives just to catch a couple of hoods. half a dozen cop cars driven by bored, jacked up fuzz creating chaos over clothes, electrical equipment and bruised ego. the underbelly of south australia's police force is fat and stupid.

tempted to step off the footpath and let one of those fuckers hit me just to prove a point.

doesn't the system have a helicopter? even i could've caught those guys on google earth, so surely those blue slobs have enough resources to catch small time crims through avenues other than the ones we use to commute

...and the government has the audacity to call our bikies thugs.

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#3 Post by AtD » Thu May 29, 2008 9:58 pm

Wow... sounds like someone's been on the wrong side of the law in the past.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#4 Post by monotonehell » Thu May 29, 2008 10:04 pm

cinema4 wrote:what a joke. another case of irresponsible gung ho pigs endangering countless lives just to catch a couple of hoods. half a dozen cop cars driven by bored, jacked up fuzz creating chaos over clothes, electrical equipment and bruised ego. the underbelly of south australia's police force is fat and stupid.

tempted to step off the footpath and let one of those fuckers hit me just to prove a point.

doesn't the system have a helicopter? even i could've caught those guys on google earth, so surely those blue slobs have enough resources to catch small time crims through avenues other than the ones we use to commute

Oooookayyyyy.... *raises eyebrow* interesting morals you have there.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#5 Post by SRW » Thu May 29, 2008 10:13 pm

Funny that they drove themselves right to the Remand Centre.

And hope the poor old Ed Castle wasn't too shook up....
Keep Adelaide Weird

Will409
Legendary Member!

#6 Post by Will409 » Thu May 29, 2008 10:21 pm

Ah well, my place is all fine and dandy. Everything is where it should be. As an aside, I heard another siren going down Salisbury Highway around 10 minutes ago but that is usual.
Image LINK TO YOUTUBE PROFILE.

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#7 Post by Cruise » Thu May 29, 2008 10:30 pm

cinema4 wrote:what a joke. another case of irresponsible gung ho pigs endangering countless lives just to catch a couple of hoods. half a dozen cop cars driven by bored, jacked up fuzz creating chaos over clothes, electrical equipment and bruised ego. the underbelly of south australia's police force is fat and stupid.

LOL!!!

jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member

#8 Post by jk1237 » Thu May 29, 2008 11:02 pm

detective chief inspector eastadl/jk1237 was on the scene. I, however, had to peddle very quickly to keep up from Melbourne Steet. Unfortunately my flashing light didnt work, but my bell did. The offenders were apprehended, and TAKEN ACROSS THE ROAD :lol: :lol: :lol: well I didnt see that part actually

the car was sandwiched into the ed castle

aussie2000
High Rise Poster!

#9 Post by aussie2000 » Thu May 29, 2008 11:40 pm

lol . . . . was someone in a bit of trouble in their younger years?? I couldn't disagree more with this comment, and (not that there is a need) cant be stuffed defending the "pigs", pot calling the kettle fat, I have a different opinion on who the "pigs" are in our society :)

Omicron
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#10 Post by Omicron » Fri May 30, 2008 12:07 am

My God - a chase involving a late-model Toyota Camry lasted longer than five seconds? Surely at first sight of a corner, the wallowing sow of a thing would have rolled over and exploded.

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#11 Post by AtD » Fri May 30, 2008 8:03 am

Omicron wrote:My God - a chase involving a late-model Toyota Camry lasted longer than five seconds? Surely at first sight of a corner, the wallowing sow of a thing would have rolled over and exploded.
They displayed far more respect for others on the road than the average Camery driver.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#12 Post by rev » Fri May 30, 2008 1:11 pm

As the saying goes, puff puff, PASS....you need to pass, otherwise, well...look above.

What's funny is if the police backed off and let them get away, and they were to commit further crimes, people like you would be moaning how the police are ineffective and the government isn't doing enough.
Half a dozen cop cars? Is that all? That seems rather tamed if you ask me. I've seen stolen cars being chased with over a dozen patrols and polair in pursuit.

Brando
Donating Member
Donating Member

#13 Post by Brando » Fri May 30, 2008 2:31 pm

Why would they even go into the city if they are being pursued?

Police chopper can't do it alone, all you need to do is head towards the airports which has air restrictions, hence the police chopper has to back off.
As Rev said, half a dozen cops in pursuit! Not many at all.
Give cinema4 a break, we have all been there before, some of us just grow more mature in our days.

Bulldozer
High Rise Poster!

#14 Post by Bulldozer » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:16 pm

Brando wrote:Why would they even go into the city if they are being pursued?
It's only the dumb criminals that get caught.