State Election 2010

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.

Who do you intend to vote for at the 2010 election?

Labor
45%
Liberal
36%
Greens
12%
Family First
No votes
Democrats
2%
Nationals
No votes
Independent (Other)
4%

Total votes: 89

Shuz
Banned
Banned

State Election 2010

#1 Post by Shuz » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:33 pm

Who do you intend to vote for at the 2010 election?
I have set the option for votes to be changed over time.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: State Election 2010

#2 Post by monotonehell » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:07 pm

I can't answer this. I usually approach an election with who I definitely wont vote for, the work my back to who I hate the least. XD
I'm entitled to be a cynic in today's political climate.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Omicron
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#3 Post by Omicron » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:46 am

monotonehell wrote:I can't answer this. I usually approach an election with who I definitely wont vote for, the work my back to who I hate the least. XD
I must confess; my first mark on the ballot paper is always putting the highest number next to my least-preferred candidate.

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#4 Post by Wayno » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:55 am

Omicron wrote:
monotonehell wrote:I can't answer this. I usually approach an election with who I definitely wont vote for, the work my back to who I hate the least. XD
I must confess; my first mark on the ballot paper is always putting the highest number next to my least-preferred candidate.
yes! i do that as well :lol:
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#5 Post by monotonehell » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:57 pm

We're all obviously bitter and twisted individuals. I vote alcohol.

omada
Donating Member
Donating Member

#6 Post by omada » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:14 pm

Meh, don't really care, State Governments should be scrapped anyway... go Federalisation!!!! :D

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#7 Post by Howie » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:26 pm

Neither of the main parties have released their policies yet, so it'd be impossible for me to say right at this time.

All i'd like to say is... Rann FIND money for a stadium AND a hospital. Thanks.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#8 Post by monotonehell » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:10 pm

Howie wrote:All i'd like to say is... Rann FIND money for a stadium AND a hospital. Thanks.
Hey Howie, I had a thought - there' s loads of unused room under the seats of a stadium... ;)

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#9 Post by Howie » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:22 pm

Hey i think you're onto something mate :) Let's get an architect on that quick smart !

Omicron
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#10 Post by Omicron » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:53 pm

monotonehell wrote:We're all obviously bitter and twisted individuals. I vote alcohol.
Bless your heart.

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#11 Post by Shuz » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:33 am

Very interesting to note, although early days of polling - that the Greens have more support than the Liberals within the Sensational Adelaide community. With the appointment of Sarah Hansen-Young as SA's federal Greens minister and the vast concern for the environment and the River Murray amongst South Australians, I would not be suprised if they garner a significant vote in the State election, breaking out of being an independent party and acting as a third political force taking up at least 15% of the vote. In Newspoll voting, according to Wikipedia's article on our state election, the Greens are at 12.8%, a big number considering their lack of political campaigning at election time.

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#12 Post by Shuz » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:13 pm

Election pledges thus far:

Labor
$2b Public transport network upgrade, electrification, new rollingstock and expansion of tram network.
$1.7b Central Hospital on Railyards site.

Liberal
Electrification of the rail network and order of new rollingstock, but uncommited to the expansion of the tram network.
Redevelopment of RAH on existing site, inquiry into development of innercity stadium on railyards site.
Probable bid for 2022 Commonwealth Games, pending an Australian city does not claim 2018 Games, (too late to place bid for 2018).

They're the main pledges, or have I missed out on something?

adam73837
High Rise Poster!
Location: The wilderness being sustained by nutrients in the air and powering my laptop with positive energy

#13 Post by adam73837 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:21 pm

Shuz wrote:Election pledges thus far:

Labor
$2b Public transport network upgrade, electrification, new rollingstock and expansion of tram network.

Liberal
Electrification of the rail network and order of new rollingstock, but uncommited to the expansion of the tram network.
Redevelopment of RAH on existing site, inquiry into development of innercity stadium on railyards site.
Probable bid for 2022 Commonwealth Games, pending an Australian city does not claim 2018 Games, (too late to place bid for 2018).

Whether either of these are because of the government or are simply happening/ will be happening, I don't know, but Labor are doing the PA redevelopment, whilst the Liberals haven't said anything about that, but they did mention in February that they would create a series of seaside villiages.
I take back many of the things I said before 2010; particularly my anti-Rann rants. While I still maintain some of said opinions, I feel I could have been less arrogant. I also apologise to people I offended; while knowing I can't fully take much back. :)

frank1
Donating Member
Donating Member

#14 Post by frank1 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:05 pm

Why are the libs so against extending the tram network? If they said they would extend it, they would have a better chance at getting my vote, but at the moment it is not even close for me.

If the libs had electrification of rail network/ordering new stock, extending the tram network, bulding an inner city stadium, rebuilding old RAH, it would be a landslide against labour.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#15 Post by Norman » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:20 am

Shuz wrote:Election pledges thus far:

Labor

Liberal

They've thrown out the RAH upgrade AFAIK

http://www.premier.sa.gov.au/news.php?id=3937&page=3