14-12

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
Message
Author
rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)
Posts: 4062
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 300 times
Been thanked: 431 times

14-12

#1 Post by rev » Sun May 03, 2009 1:59 pm

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

:mrgreen:

User avatar
Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 5138
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:18 pm
Location: Torrens Park
Has thanked: 86 times
Been thanked: 130 times

Re: 14-12

#2 Post by Wayno » Sun May 03, 2009 2:01 pm

14-12? IQ Comparison
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

User avatar
monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 5466
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:10 am
Location: Adelaide, East End.
Has thanked: 192 times
Been thanked: 288 times
Contact:

Re: 14-12

#3 Post by monotonehell » Sun May 03, 2009 5:16 pm

Wayno wrote:14-12? IQ Comparison
lols

One of the poor footballers seems to be injured, while another just plain dead.

It's just not cricket!
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Briggzy_03
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 136
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:34 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: 14-12

#4 Post by Briggzy_03 » Sun May 03, 2009 5:58 pm

Fair's fair, now let's look into the premiership count:

Crows

Played - 2, Won - 2.

Power

Played - 2, Won - 1. (Including the biggest margin loss by a team in a AFL grand final, 119 points)


Now I know it's only my opinion, and people can see it as just that, but I'd honestly prefer having the better premiership tally..

:D

User avatar
monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 5466
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:10 am
Location: Adelaide, East End.
Has thanked: 192 times
Been thanked: 288 times
Contact:

Re: 14-12

#5 Post by monotonehell » Sun May 03, 2009 6:22 pm

*exits thread before it becomes a major who can piss further competition*
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

User avatar
Cruise
Banned
Banned
Posts: 2209
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:19 pm
Location: Bay 115, Football Park

Re: 14-12

#6 Post by Cruise » Sun May 03, 2009 6:35 pm

Briggzy_03 wrote:Fair's fair, now let's look into the premiership count:

Crows

Played - 2, Won - 2.

Power

Played - 2, Won - 1. (Including the biggest margin loss by a team in a AFL grand final, 119 points)


Now I know it's only my opinion, and people can see it as just that, but I'd honestly prefer having the better premiership tally..

:D
Adelaide Football Corperation established 1991
Port Adelaide Football Club established 1870
monotonehell wrote:*exits thread before it becomes a major who can piss further competition*
I can piss further than you

User avatar
Shuz
Banned
Banned
Posts: 2539
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:48 pm
Location: Glandore

Re: 14-12

#7 Post by Shuz » Sun May 03, 2009 7:07 pm

I can piss on both their home grounds without care :D

User avatar
Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 5138
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:18 pm
Location: Torrens Park
Has thanked: 86 times
Been thanked: 130 times

Re: 14-12

#8 Post by Wayno » Sun May 03, 2009 7:19 pm

In a recent survey, 75% of Port Adelaide players admit to having sex in the shower. The other 25% are yet to serve time in jail.

*ducks for cover*
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

User avatar
Cruise
Banned
Banned
Posts: 2209
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:19 pm
Location: Bay 115, Football Park

Re: 14-12

#9 Post by Cruise » Sun May 03, 2009 7:53 pm

Wayno wrote:In a recent survey, 75% of Port Adelaide players admit to having sex in the shower. The other 25% are yet to serve time in jail.

*ducks for cover*
Did Nathan Bock give you the results of that survey?

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)
Posts: 4062
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 300 times
Been thanked: 431 times

Re: 14-12

#10 Post by rev » Mon May 04, 2009 12:54 am

Briggzy_03 wrote:Fair's fair, now let's look into the premiership count:
Crows
Played - 2, Won - 2.
Power
Played - 2, Won - 1. (Including the biggest margin loss by a team in a AFL grand final, 119 points)
Now I know it's only my opinion, and people can see it as just that, but I'd honestly prefer having the better premiership tally..
:D
To be truly fair, let's compare both club's success. In order to do that, you as a crows supporter need to acknowledge that Port Power are the continuation of the Port Magpies founded in 1870. I know it's a hard pill to swallow for crows supporters, but such is life.
Now on to business..

Port Adelaide
Premierships 35
Minor Premiers 45
GF runner-up 35
Pre Season cups 5
Champions of Australia Trophies 4(YES I COUNT THEM TOO BECAUSE ADELAIDE CROWS WILL NEVER SEE ONE)

I'll have to break it down here for you, because we have that many trophies.. :mrgreen:

AFL
1 premiership
2 pre season cups
3 minor premierships
1 premiership runner-up

SANFL
34 premierships(RECORD)
3 pre season cups
34 runner-up
42 minor premierships(RECORD)

Adelaide Crows
2 premierships
1 pre season cup
1 minor premiership

You may have 2 grand finals under your belt in the AFL, but it's all you really have, and that will be it for a long while yet. You will not win another premiership until another super coach like Blight comes along. Neil Craig isn't another Blight.
We may have only one in the AFL so far, we may have lost a grand final in the AFL by the biggest margin, but we also have 139 years of record breaking success. Success that will continue on in the AFL - a bitter pill to swallow for fans who follow a team that was created in a futile attempt to halt the success of the GREATEST footy team. :wink:
The Crows have been in the national comp. for nearly 20 years, and played in what, 10 finals campaigns? Port in its 11 years has made 7 appearances in the finals. As I said, success will continue.

I wonder what Bock is feeling/thinking? Every time he touched the ball he was booed. Going on two rounds now, wonder if he will receive the same treatment next round.

Cant wait till the next local derby, 15-12 will be the chant!

flavze
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 11:38 am

Re: 14-12

#11 Post by flavze » Mon May 04, 2009 2:40 pm

Cruise wrote:
Briggzy_03 wrote:Fair's fair, now let's look into the premiership count:

Crows

Played - 2, Won - 2.

Power

Played - 2, Won - 1. (Including the biggest margin loss by a team in a AFL grand final, 119 points)


Now I know it's only my opinion, and people can see it as just that, but I'd honestly prefer having the better premiership tally..

:D
Adelaide Football Corperation established 1991
Port Adelaide Football Club established 1870
monotonehell wrote:*exits thread before it becomes a major who can piss further competition*
I can piss further than you
Port Adelaide Football club established in 1870, broke in 2009.
Adelaide Football Club established 1991, making a tidy profit in 2009.
You might piss further but i can piss longer!

aceman
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:02 am
Location: Adelaide (Hallett Cove)
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: 14-12

#12 Post by aceman » Mon May 04, 2009 7:41 pm

For any power supporters who claim they have been around since 1870 and won 35 premierships are full of shit. The Port magpies have been in the SANFL since 1870 and won 35 premierships. The Power joined the AFL in 1997 and have won 1 premiership. Power people need to realize that the SANFL and VFL/AFL are two different competitions with a vastly different level seperating the two.

Rev please don't confuse the port magpies winning premierships in the SANFL as a measure of success in the big league. Your not kidding anyone and least of all yourself :-)

Briggzy_03
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 136
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:34 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: 14-12

#13 Post by Briggzy_03 » Mon May 04, 2009 8:21 pm

aceman wrote:For any power supporters who claim they have been around since 1870 and won 35 premierships are full of shit. The Port magpies have been in the SANFL since 1870 and won 35 premierships. The Power joined the AFL in 1997 and have won 1 premiership. Power people need to realize that the SANFL and VFL/AFL are two different competitions with a vastly different level seperating the two.
Took the words right from my mouth Aceman. :D

User avatar
jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 1741
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:22 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: 14-12

#14 Post by jk1237 » Mon May 04, 2009 8:30 pm

can you 2 answer this very simple question. Before the term power was even thought of, what SANFL club won the 2nd SA license to join the AFL?

User avatar
Cruise
Banned
Banned
Posts: 2209
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:19 pm
Location: Bay 115, Football Park

Re: 14-12

#15 Post by Cruise » Mon May 04, 2009 8:37 pm

aceman wrote:For any power supporters who claim they have been around since 1870 and won 35 premierships are full of shit. The Port magpies have been in the SANFL since 1870 and won 35 premierships. The Power joined the AFL in 1997 and have won 1 premiership. Power people need to realize that the SANFL and VFL/AFL are two different competitions with a vastly different level seperating the two.

Rev please don't confuse the port magpies winning premierships in the SANFL as a measure of success in the big league. Your not kidding anyone and least of all yourself :-)
No.

The PAFC was formed in 1870 and was awarded an AFL licence in 1994. A new club was formed named Port Adelaide Magpies Football Club (PAMFC) to take the place of PAFC in the SANFL competetion.

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests