South Australia Reviews

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
mcardlej
Sen-Rookie-Sational

South Australia Reviews

#1 Post by mcardlej » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:40 pm

Hi guys,

I've been setting up a review site for all things south australia. Just looking to see if anyone is interested in helping out? I think there could be a need to a good review site where anyone and everyone can review the things around them. The address is below

www.ReviewSA.com

Feel free to have a look and post back here with any suggestions!

Cheers,
James.

Hoops
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: South Australia Reviews

#2 Post by Hoops » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:31 pm

May I ask what is with all the Homophobic references on that site?

"Chips; 3/10 - Under the salt they were thin and tasteless. Slight hint of faggyness."

Overall Rating 3/10 - Shit food and service but the distinct lack of tomato relish, fetta cheese, fancy lettuce, unidentifiable sun dried vegetables and other faggy things counted in its favour.

"and restaurant, but since it’s resisted to urge to be fagged up, I’m upgrading it to a 9/10."

"Waiting time: Came out quickly - 9/10, but pub not fagged up, so upgraded to 9.5/10

Price: cant remember exactly, but I think it was about $16

Schnitty size: Good size for dinner without being too big – 9/10 but pub not fagged up so upgraded to 9.5/10."

Schnitty Quality: good thickness and nice and juicy chook. 9/10, upgraded to 9.5 for not being ‘polenta-encrusted’ or any other faggy variation on what is essentially still a schnitty.

Chip portion size: Old-school chunky ‘steak’ style chips with good size portion – 9/10, upgraded to 9.5 for lack of fagginess

Taste: Honestly a good tasting schnitty – no need for upgrade, 9.5/10

Sal had a burger, which is worth noting too. (about $12 I think)

Burger was a good size (Sal was struggling to fit it in her mouth to take a bite) old-school pub style hamburger. Homemade patty on a hamburger bun with bacon, cheese, onion, iceberg lettuce, tomato etc with dead horse (all the classics). Distinct lack of Turkish bread / ciabatta, tomato relish, rocket / fancy lettuce, french onion, aioli or any other type of fagged-up condiments designed to convince you that it’s ok to spend $20 on a burger.

Overall pub rating: Generally, in a perfect world where there was no need to specify that a pub isn’t fagged up, I’d probably give it around an 7.5-8/10, but due to its lack of fagged-upness, I’m giving it an automatic 9.5/10.

You may be using "fagged up" in a way im unfamilliar with... but it just seems rather homophobic

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#3 Post by monotonehell » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:51 am

Yes that was the first thing I noticed; all the "fagged up" references. Very unprofessional not to mention offensive. The second thing I noticed was that the review for the Austral was just a lorem ipsum place holder. :?

If these reviews are coming from the general public you might want to implement some kind of ownership to the reviews by putting their user name against them. If these reviews are the views of the website's editor, well then... just close up shop, you're not cut out for journalism.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#4 Post by AtD » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:20 am

"Featured, Food & Wine, Headline »
Mcdonalds Rundle Mall"

I think you might want to try a little harder.

Omicron
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#5 Post by Omicron » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:32 pm

monotonehell wrote:Yes that was the first thing I noticed; all the "fagged up" references. Very unprofessional not to mention offensive. The second thing I noticed was that the review for the Austral was just a lorem ipsum place holder. :?
Nulla vel dolor a urna adipiscing pulvinar et non sem! Pellentesque lacinia accumsan ultricies.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#6 Post by monotonehell » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:51 pm

Omicron wrote:
monotonehell wrote:Yes that was the first thing I noticed; all the "fagged up" references. Very unprofessional not to mention offensive. The second thing I noticed was that the review for the Austral was just a lorem ipsum place holder. :?
Nulla vel dolor a urna adipiscing pulvinar et non sem! Pellentesque lacinia accumsan ultricies.
Sona si latine loqueris.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member

#7 Post by jk1237 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:36 pm

say what?

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#8 Post by crawf » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:26 am

Largs Hotel wrote:Surroundings: 9/10 - nice pub which has obviously been done up in recent years, but done tastefully with different restaurant / lounge eating areas, also has outside areas. Distinct lack of fagginess.

Bar staff: 7/10 - not unattractive, but no outright hotties that I saw; but also no outright tossers.

Prices: 8/10 - think my Schnitty was about $15, and I would have given it a higher rating, except my pint was $7.50 (one of those weird between Aussie/Imperial sized pints)

The Schnitty Report, went for a beef schnitty (usually go for chicken, but thought I’d mix things up a bit) with plain gravy:

Size: 8.5/10 - Big enough without being stupidly big. Good size for dinner.
Who cares about the actual service!

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#9 Post by Cruise » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:30 pm

Hoops wrote:May I ask what is with all the Homophobic references on that site?

"Chips; 3/10 - Under the salt they were thin and tasteless. Slight hint of faggyness."

Overall Rating 3/10 - Shit food and service but the distinct lack of tomato relish, fetta cheese, fancy lettuce, unidentifiable sun dried vegetables and other faggy things counted in its favour.

"and restaurant, but since it’s resisted to urge to be fagged up, I’m upgrading it to a 9/10."

"Waiting time: Came out quickly - 9/10, but pub not fagged up, so upgraded to 9.5/10

Price: cant remember exactly, but I think it was about $16

Schnitty size: Good size for dinner without being too big – 9/10 but pub not fagged up so upgraded to 9.5/10."

Schnitty Quality: good thickness and nice and juicy chook. 9/10, upgraded to 9.5 for not being ‘polenta-encrusted’ or any other faggy variation on what is essentially still a schnitty.

Chip portion size: Old-school chunky ‘steak’ style chips with good size portion – 9/10, upgraded to 9.5 for lack of fagginess

Taste: Honestly a good tasting schnitty – no need for upgrade, 9.5/10

Sal had a burger, which is worth noting too. (about $12 I think)

Burger was a good size (Sal was struggling to fit it in her mouth to take a bite) old-school pub style hamburger. Homemade patty on a hamburger bun with bacon, cheese, onion, iceberg lettuce, tomato etc with dead horse (all the classics). Distinct lack of Turkish bread / ciabatta, tomato relish, rocket / fancy lettuce, french onion, aioli or any other type of fagged-up condiments designed to convince you that it’s ok to spend $20 on a burger.

Overall pub rating: Generally, in a perfect world where there was no need to specify that a pub isn’t fagged up, I’d probably give it around an 7.5-8/10, but due to its lack of fagged-upness, I’m giving it an automatic 9.5/10.

You may be using "fagged up" in a way im unfamilliar with... but it just seems rather homophobic
That's so gay

mcardlej
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#10 Post by mcardlej » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:54 pm

He he, well that stirred up a bit of conversation! Sorry about the term faggyness, it's now been removed. It was just a tongue in cheek term for when a good old fashioned pub get's all fancied up and tries to pretend to be something it isn't.

I've removed the Lorum lipsum post too! This site I just threw together as a bit of fun to see if people were interested in having a fun place to put down reviews on the places around SA. It's very much a work in progress and it'll probably change a lot when i get a chance to work on it a bit more..

They're not my views at all, and i'm not a journalist!! I want to make it so the public can be publish under their names if they want, it's on the "to-do" list!

If anyone has any ideas feel free to let me know!

Cheers,
James.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#11 Post by SRW » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:12 pm

Keep Adelaide Weird

mcardlej
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#12 Post by mcardlej » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:32 pm

Thanks for the youtube video. The offending words have already been removed.

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#13 Post by Cruise » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:12 pm

SRW wrote:
And some people get offended too easily
knock it off