Continuing influence of the SDA union on SA politics.

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
cruel_world00
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: Continuing influence of the SDA union on SA politics.

#76 Post by cruel_world00 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:31 pm

stumpjumper, I don't know how anyone else feels, but a lot of the time what you have to say is interesting and seemingly well research but it comes across as arrogant and condescending, as well as sounding like a broken record or rhetoric.

I think if you want to continue putting the spotlight on SA politics you should think about how it comes across because whatever you say, I'm often totally put off by it because of the delivery.

:2cents:

metro
Legendary Member!

#77 Post by metro » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:50 pm

haha i like reading Stumpy's posts about the SDA and their quest for world domination, by any means necessary :lol:

rhino
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#78 Post by rhino » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:04 am

I don't mind it in this thread - if you don't want to read it, you can always ignore the thread (obviously I don't). It does come across as inappropriate and annoying in some other threads though, almost as a "BTW..."
cheers,
Rhino

stumpjumper
Legendary Member!

#79 Post by stumpjumper » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:46 pm

stumpjumper, I don't know how anyone else feels, but a lot of the time what you have to say is interesting and seemingly well research but it comes across as arrogant and condescending
Hmm. I read everything written in response to my contributions. I'm sorry if I sound arrogant and condescending. I know I have a wordy style that can sound pedantic or pompous; I learned German and Latin before I learned English (accident of childhood location, not my fault) and it has led to a hatred of inaccuracy and a tolerance for long sentences that go on and on, and on. It doesn't mean I'm any kind of right wing a*sehole or totalitarian rat bag. I'm a full-blooded Australian and I'm a passionate democrat (nb - not Australian Democrat).

But I respect what others say here, so I will restrict any criticism of the Shoppies to this thread. And I'll try to f*ckin' talk less condescendingly to avoid upsetting the more sensitive souls here.

[Shuz]
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#80 Post by [Shuz] » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:52 pm

I value your insights, stumpy.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

peas_and_corn
Legendary Member!

#81 Post by peas_and_corn » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:08 pm

stumpjumper wrote:That's very interesting, p & c. I've spoken to Joan Atkinson of the SDA (ex-wife of SDA-faction leader Michael Atkinson) who wasn't sure what election that could have been. The position of Secretary, held by Peter Manilauskas, is not elected by the rank and file. Let me know more.
Not much to really tell, a bit after Farrell announced his retirement, I was sent a postal ballot. I asked a couple of other people and they received a ballot paper as well.

stumpjumper
Legendary Member!

#82 Post by stumpjumper » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:37 am

Interesting, p&c. I'm definitely going to check with the SDA about their elections. I wouldn't want to slag them off unnecessarily!