I just got back from Melb and I want to cry

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: I just got back from Melb and I want to cry

#31 Post by Norman » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:23 am

That's why we need more apartments in the CBD!

adam_stuckey
High Rise Poster!

#32 Post by adam_stuckey » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:35 am

Norman wrote:That's why we need more apartments in the CBD!

Too right!
To try to put it in some sort of perspective the World Cup is as big as having 2 grand finals a day for a month

Edgar
Legendary Member!

#33 Post by Edgar » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:17 am

I am still waiting for a decent apartment with a decent (reasonable priced) design to be build in Adelaide, and I would put my money on it.

At the moment, they are way beyond affordability for first home buyer, and the ones that are actually affordable, lack of value as they are usually and investment property meant student accomodation leasing.

I think so far, the only project that I would think offers the best value would be the Spire. Considering the amount of units which can be offered, they should offer some affordability with rewarding features. But the project just never took off, so here I am still waiting.
Visit my website at http://www.edgarchieng.com for more photos of Adelaide and South Australia.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#34 Post by Norman » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:58 pm

I've just come back from Melborne and I want to cry too... why did I visit that godforsaken place again? Traffic is horrible, the people are violent, the drivers are impatient, the roads are stupid and confusing, there are far too many roadworks everywhere... wow, I'm actually quite glad I live in "quiet old Adelaide". It's so much easier to get around compared to over there, we don't know how good we've got it here.

Somebody
High Rise Poster!

#35 Post by Somebody » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:57 pm

People are violent?

What happened to you Harvey, did you go visiting the outer burbs at midnight?
The Gold Coast - Australia's centre for insipid, tacky & boring.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#36 Post by Norman » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:43 pm

Somebody wrote:People are violent?

What happened to you Harvey, did you go visiting the outer burbs at midnight?
My mate almost got pulled out of a cab and bashed... in the middle of the CBD. All because we were wearing Adelaide United gear. And he wasn't provoking any of it either.

JamesXander
High Rise Poster!

#37 Post by JamesXander » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:36 am

Melbourne people take themselves to seriously. Thats what i love about Adelaide. Much more laid back!

I was in melbourne last month, the thing that really depressed me was seeing all the new infrastructure. Train statitions, train lines, freeways & just to cap it off....A NEW STADIUM.
All well planned and situated. The city is alive, because it is so accessable.

We need a grand plan for this city. Not half jobs in the middl eof the suburbs *Im looking at your state swimming centre, Hindmarsh stadium, Basketball stadium, Footy park, santos stadium*

Another thing to come out of the trip was a realisation that, despite the fact we are slowly growing, we are never going to become a great city without some special happening within our city. And at the moment I just cant see that happening.