Public appeal succeeds in Skyshow's return

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
duke
High Rise Poster!

Re: Public appeal succeeds in Skyshow's return

#16 Post by duke » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:43 pm

We got there, sat down. Realised we didn't have a radio and no one around us had a radio.
It was a good show, but next time I will have to remember a radio, or go to an area with the sound systems.

Also on a slightly related note, whats with so many Fringe people talking themselves up like snobby bitches going on about 'bogans' at clipsal.
Now I have never been to Clipsal myself but I can at least appreciate different peoples ideas of fun. I also know a lot of people that enjoy both the Fringe and the Clipsal.
Sure there are people that take things too far and get drunk, but I have seen idiots at Fringe events also.

rhino
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#17 Post by rhino » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:00 pm

duke wrote:We got there, sat down. Realised we didn't have a radio and no one around us had a radio.
Oh, lots of people had radios - they were all plugged into their ears. I made the same mistake. It was unbelievably quiet, but everyone was bopping along.
cheers,
Rhino

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#18 Post by monotonehell » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:43 pm

duke wrote:...Also on a slightly related note, whats with so many Fringe people talking themselves up like snobby bitches going on about 'bogans' at clipsal.
Now I have never been to Clipsal myself but I can at least appreciate different peoples ideas of fun. I also know a lot of people that enjoy both the Fringe and the Clipsal. Sure there are people that take things too far and get drunk, but I have seen idiots at Fringe events also.
Unfortunately, it's just a very small percentage of Clipsal goers that give the whole event a bad name. But the issue is bad enough that several Rundle Street restaurants and bars have a "no race wear" policy on that weekend. I was speaking to several of the traders last night, and they listed about 5 places that had this policy this year.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Edgar
Legendary Member!

#19 Post by Edgar » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:08 am

I myself have been to the Clipsal500 event twice now and it is not as bogan as every one says. It's just a huge event with wide mix of people, I think the group of people who doesn't appreciate car racing in general have the tendancy to tag V8 with bogans.

I am a big Clipsal500 fan, and I don't see myself as a bogan in any way, seriously :lol: but I can't see why two major events cannot happen at the same time. Those people who think it shouldn't are the people I need to slap in the face because they are indirectly holding us back from becoming an active city.

Appreciate it while we've still got it, in the next couple of months, everything will be gone and we'll be left with our pathetic Port and Crows for the rest of the year.
Visit my website at http://www.edgarchieng.com for more photos of Adelaide and South Australia.

RayRichards
High Rise Poster!

#20 Post by RayRichards » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:23 pm

Hooligan wrote:
jk1237 wrote:I really really hate that the fringe coincides with the boganfest of the Clipsal
Oi! one can enjoy the Fringe and the Clipsal if he wants!
Exactly, it would suit couples that will compromise by going to both. to keep everyone happy.

Lord jk1237. :bow: This boganfest, apparantly a 'serf' event, serves a very large passionate community that supports these type of events 12 months a year, as opposed to the type of Art supporters who see it a being their way of embacing 'their inner artistic culture' that only do it for two or so weeks a year.

Regardless of what type of events you like. At least both interests are covered and gives Adelaide more of that party vibe. :cheers:

Ray.