Strange parts of Adelaide

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
Hooligan
Legendary Member!

Re: Strange parts of Adelaide

#16 Post by Hooligan » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:01 am

Want to see my strange parts?

Code: Select all

Signature removed 

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#17 Post by Wayno » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:47 am

AG wrote:Stumbled across this unintentionally: http://www.thetunnels.com.au/

Indeed, the former rail tunnel at Panorama is used a wine storage facility. Photos are on the website.
Awesome, good find AG. A friend and myself are planning an investigative walk through the hills. Our goal - to find each of the 4 tunnel entrances. So this one is definitely easy :-)
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Omicron
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#18 Post by Omicron » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:20 pm

I've walked to the southern portal of the old Panorama tunnel before (the other end of this storage facility) - from memory, there's a walking trail that gets you right up to the current track, but you have to clamber up a steep-ish slope covered in loose gravel/stones to get to the old tunnel. Mind you, this was a good ten years ago, so things might have changed a little bit since then.

Omicron

#19 Post by Omicron » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:29 pm

Actually, the more I think, I seem to recall walking right over the current tracks and down the other side, even further east. I think we had to stop when we came to a ridiculously steep slope somewhere along the path. Ah, memories.

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#20 Post by Wayno » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:41 am

I bought an "Indiana Jones Exploration" kit on ebay. Just waiting for it to arrive before trekking towards the tunnels.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Omicron

#21 Post by Omicron » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:22 pm

Wayno wrote:I bought an "Indiana Jones Exploration" kit on ebay. Just waiting for it to arrive before trekking towards the tunnels.
Does it have a wide-brimmed hat and a recording of Sean Connery calling you 'Junior'?