Road safety - MAC and Fred Wegman

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
Omicron
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: Road safety - MAC and Fred Wegman

#16 Post by Omicron » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:39 pm

Oh my goodness. I think my brain just exploded.

koalaboy
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#17 Post by koalaboy » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:25 pm

Omicron wrote:Oh my goodness. I think my brain just exploded.
Not again, don't worry the paramedics are on their way

koalaboy
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#18 Post by koalaboy » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:47 pm

I just had the privelage of watching a MAC creeper advert on TV, what an absolute waste of time. The guy hits a pedestrian crossing the road illegally about 10 metres before a set of traffic lights which are clearly still green for traffic. How would driving 60 vs 65 or even 69 make a difference to that situation. Perhaps a car travelling at 80 might catch a pedestrian off-guard. At 60 the person would still be in bad shape, anything above 30 will cause an injury. If you are a pedestrian crossing a road illegally, wouldn't you watch the traffic as you cross. Maybe it's Darwins theory in practise.

And the punch line is even better - Drive Slower and you'll slow down creepers.

That right grandmas and grandpas, pull out the volvo and take to the streets in numbers that way the roads will be sooo much safer because they will be soooo much slower. My general observation of road users is that the slower ones are in la la land half asleep, on their phones or telling off their kids and are more likely to cause a crash through inattention. People travelling faster are more alert and are more likely to at least react to an obstacle.