AAMI stadium help

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
RobC
Sen-Rookie-Sational

AAMI stadium help

#1 Post by RobC » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:30 pm

Hi, i've scored free tickets to the football at AAMI this weekend and as i've never been there before I was hoping for some info. Is there ample parking at Westfield or do I need to get there mega early? Which gates are usually open? I assume my tickets are for what i'll call "general admission" (I haven't actually picked them up yet) so where would I need to sit? I understand members have reserved seating.

I found a map here: http://www.aamistadium.com.au/artman2/u ... ng_Map.pdf

Does that mean all the grey area is fine?

Thanks

Waewick
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: AAMI stadium help

#2 Post by Waewick » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:16 pm

no there is not heaps of parking

there is parking but if you don't get in early you will be in for a walk

I would recommend the Footy express bus service

General admin usually opens a few hours prior to first bounce, so if you get down there at gate opening time you shouldn't have an issue with parking. assuming that you GA you can get in most places and your seat should be reserved. (so yes the grey area is the part you'll be in, check your tickets for the exact bay)

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#3 Post by rev » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:12 pm

It's a Port home game so there will be plenty of seating available, regardless of reserved seats.
Find some seats with a good view and sit is my suggestion. If you are in someone elses seat, they'll ask you to move, and chances are you'll be able to move over a couple seats.
Since it's an afternoon game, I would suggest sitting behind the northern grand stand. You'll avoid most of the direct sun light in your face. Plus the Port cheer squad sits there(directly behind the goals).
Or if you barrack for West Coast you can sit behind the southern goals with their cheer squad(also were the crows main cheersquad sits).

Parking..well, get in early at Westfield. You will find parking regardless, but it depends on how long you want to be driving around the car park looking and how patient you are. I've turned up ten minutes before the first bounce a few times, and found parking within a few minutes.
They'll have people manning every entry point into the car park asking if you are there for the footy or shopping, and they'll be charging you if you are there for the footy. They are pretty rude and unhelpful so if you can get in to the car park without paying, then do it.

There's a few tricks we've picked up to avoid paying the c****, but I wont give them away online, sorry. 8)

RobC
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#4 Post by RobC » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:11 pm

cheers guys that helps a lot

rhino
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#5 Post by rhino » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:20 am

From my limited experience, the Footy Express busses are a hassle-free way to get to and from AAMI Stadium for a match. I wouldn't consider driving there on match day.
cheers,
Rhino