Sapporo Ties Up With Aussie Brewer Coopers

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#1 Post by Nathan » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:43 pm

Thought this was appropriate in The Pub

http://e.nikkei.com/e/fr/tnks/Nni20110719D19SS075.htm
TOKYO (NQN)--Sapporo International Inc., a Sapporo Holdings Ltd. (2501) subsidiary, said Tuesday it has formed an alliance for beer production and sales with Australian brewer Coopers Brewery Ltd.

The move will give the Japanese firm a stronger sales network in the Oceanian market, enabling it to deepen its presence there.

Sapporo will begin making Sapporo Premium alcohol-free beer in August in Australia and will start selling the beverage there and in New Zealand through Coopers' subsidiaries in October.

Sapporo plans to sell 160,000 cases of beer in Oceania in 2012. One case contains the equivalent of 24 355ml bottles.
Good to see some investment here. I really hope that the deal extends beyond Sapporo Premium though, as I can't see many people lining up for alcohol free beer. (The beer itself, is quite tasteless, compared to the rest of Sapporo's range).

Waewick
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: Sapporo Ties Up With Aussie Brewer Coopers

#2 Post by Waewick » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:34 am

I'm a fan of sapporo as well

I must admit however -i'm not a massive fan of buying beers brewed here under foreign label. It always seem to taste different than the original.

dsriggs
Legendary Member!

#3 Post by dsriggs » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:29 am

I hope this isn't the start of a move on Coopers. Japanese breweries own enough already.

peas_and_corn
Legendary Member!

#4 Post by peas_and_corn » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:08 pm

dsriggs wrote:I hope this isn't the start of a move on Coopers. Japanese breweries own enough already.
Well, this isn't the first time Coopers has BUL. They brewed Budweiser for a while (until they lost the contract). It's one of the reasons they decided to make the lager (investment in lagering equipment).

cruel_world00
Donating Member
Donating Member

#5 Post by cruel_world00 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:14 am

I'm sorry, isn't the bigger atrocity that the beer is "alcohol-free" ?