The great Nespresso debate

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

The great Nespresso debate

#1 Post by monotonehell » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:25 pm

Continued from .... http://www.sensational-adelaide.com/for ... 491#p97487
Ben wrote:Have you had an nespresso? They are amazing lol I was unsold until I tried it :)
I have, they are okay. But what are you comparing it to? The mainstream over-hot burnt coffees available at 90% of Adelaide's cafés? If you need to add milk and sugar to an espresso, then it's not made correctly.

Also I object to being locked into buying Nestlé's pods. There's so many wonderful coffees out there, but you are locked into the unlucky 13 rainbow of anonymous pods. Which cost 4 times that of pre-ground beans, and are disposable, not recyclable (what a waste).

Now let's talk about those Dyson hand dryers... ;)
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: The great Nespresso debate

#2 Post by Ben » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:30 pm

Haha true. I guess it's the convenience and lack of cleaning that appeals to me. I also have my coffees black and love the seasonal dark chocolate variety on offer at the moment :p

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#3 Post by Howie » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:51 pm

Loving the limited run flavoured pots at the moment too.. for someone who'll never make coffee as good as the baristas on rundle street this is like the next best thing for me. So convenient for us at home.

peas_and_corn
Legendary Member!

#4 Post by peas_and_corn » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:29 pm

monotonehell wrote:Continued from .... http://www.sensational-adelaide.com/for ... 491#p97487
Ben wrote:Have you had an nespresso? They are amazing lol I was unsold until I tried it :)
I have, they are okay. But what are you comparing it to? The mainstream over-hot burnt coffees available at 90% of Adelaide's cafés? If you need to add milk and sugar to an espresso, then it's not made correctly.

Also I object to being locked into buying Nestlé's pods. There's so many wonderful coffees out there, but you are locked into the unlucky 13 rainbow of anonymous pods. Which cost 4 times that of pre-ground beans, and are disposable, not recyclable (what a waste).

Now let's talk about those Dyson hand dryers... ;)
Actually, they are recyclable. There's a spot in the store where you can bring the pods to so they can be recycled. There's a screen playing a video all about it above the bin.

peas_and_corn
Legendary Member!

#5 Post by peas_and_corn » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:36 pm

Oh yeah, and you aren't necessarily locked into getting the Nestle stuff, since there are pods that can be used in the machine that aren't Nesle. I'm not going to speculate on quality though...

IAintTouchin
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#6 Post by IAintTouchin » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:55 pm

in London, I went to the "runner up" of the best coffee in the UK to drink their famous espresso with milk. It turned me into a coffee snob, nothing compared to it. Not even nespresso. I went to one of Perth's famous coffee shops in Leederville and even that tasted below par. Until, I stumbled upon the Coffee Barun last week. The coffee there gave me the same tingly consistency feeling that the London Coffee. They need to get into world competitions because I've tasted nothing like their coffee. Amazing.
I am iTouch

Matt
Legendary Member!

#7 Post by Matt » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:03 pm

Where is this place in London?

IAintTouchin
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#8 Post by IAintTouchin » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:38 am

I think it was called Nude Espresso? I do know it's got a famous style called "espresso with milk" which is basically a latte but they call it that. Haha.
I am iTouch