The Federal Politics Thread

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
Message
Author
Nort
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1126
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:08 pm
Has thanked: 230 times
Been thanked: 144 times

Re: The Federal Politics Thread

#541 Post by Nort » Wed May 08, 2019 5:48 pm

rev wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:36 pm
Nort wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:30 pm
Even Morrison agreed that it was right for Shorten to stand up and say no.
Morrison also said Shortens mum is irrelevant to the election.
Whats your point? Besides your obvious pathetic online stalking/trolling.

Keep stalking me, eventually Im going to take matters beyond the sites admins/mods, as Ive told them.
Responding to post about politics, in the politics thread, with a reference to politics is the exact opposite of that. You realise there is an ignore feature so you can just block out the things you don't like?

Nort
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1126
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:08 pm
Has thanked: 230 times
Been thanked: 144 times

Re: The Federal Politics Thread

#542 Post by Nort » Wed May 08, 2019 5:54 pm

rev wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:41 pm
SRW wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:21 pm
rev wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:12 pm
Lol Labor are promising to explore ways to keep ship building jobs in SA. Theyll have a big summit.
More lazy promises.

And an even bigger LOL at Shortens crocodile tears.
Hanson's tears at being constantly targetted and attacked was called crocodile tears, but Shorten crying because NewsCorp questioned why some finer details about the story he told about his mum? This emotionally weak closet communist wants to run this country (into the ground)...

or..is he a dishonest and deceptive character??
You're pretty blinded by hate if that's how you see the state of play. Shame.
How many more promises will we get re ship building?

Why should I care about Shortens fake tears, because he faced a bit of scrutiny?
If he didn't want some irrelevant story about his mother scrutinized he shouldn't have tried to use it to win voters over.

I want to know what he plans on doing to create jobs, not what he plans on doing to decide what to do to create jobs, and I certainly don't want to hear about his mother.

You arent bothered by the bias in the media, regarding his tears amd Hanson's tears?
The media needs to be impartial and provide a neutral account of all parties.
https://www.alp.org.au/policies/labors- ... ocal-jobs/

https://www.alp.org.au/policies/battery ... facturing/

https://www.alp.org.au/policies/protect ... sa-system/

https://www.alp.org.au/policies/labors- ... cure-jobs/

https://www.alp.org.au/policies/labors- ... -hydrogen/

https://www.alp.org.au/policies/labors- ... ring-jobs/

https://www.alp.org.au/policies/labors- ... hoenixing/

https://www.alp.org.au/policies/better- ... l-workers/

https://www.alp.org.au/policies/new-jobs-tax-cut/

Labor aren't my first preference, but if you don't think they are talking about jobs and plans to generate and sustain them then you're either not looking or are being willingly ignorant.

User avatar
SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 2470
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: City
Has thanked: 571 times
Been thanked: 261 times

Re: The Federal Politics Thread

#543 Post by SRW » Wed May 08, 2019 5:59 pm

rev wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:41 pm
SRW wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:21 pm
rev wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:12 pm
Lol Labor are promising to explore ways to keep ship building jobs in SA. Theyll have a big summit.
More lazy promises.

And an even bigger LOL at Shortens crocodile tears.
Hanson's tears at being constantly targetted and attacked was called crocodile tears, but Shorten crying because NewsCorp questioned why some finer details about the story he told about his mum? This emotionally weak closet communist wants to run this country (into the ground)...

or..is he a dishonest and deceptive character??
You're pretty blinded by hate if that's how you see the state of play. Shame.
How many more promises will we get re ship building?

Why should I care about Shortens fake tears, because he faced a bit of scrutiny?
If he didn't want some irrelevant story about his mother scrutinized he shouldn't have tried to use it to win voters over.

I want to know what he plans on doing to create jobs, not what he plans on doing to decide what to do to create jobs, and I certainly don't want to hear about his mother.

You arent bothered by the bias in the media, regarding his tears amd Hanson's tears?
The media needs to be impartial and provide a neutral account of all parties.
You're so ensconced inside your own echo chamber you can't see the bias in the stories you apparently swallow as gospel.
Keep Adelaide Weird

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)
Posts: 4008
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 282 times
Been thanked: 409 times

Re: The Federal Politics Thread

#544 Post by rev » Wed May 08, 2019 7:15 pm

SRW wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:59 pm
rev wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:41 pm
SRW wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:21 pm

You're pretty blinded by hate if that's how you see the state of play. Shame.
How many more promises will we get re ship building?

Why should I care about Shortens fake tears, because he faced a bit of scrutiny?
If he didn't want some irrelevant story about his mother scrutinized he shouldn't have tried to use it to win voters over.

I want to know what he plans on doing to create jobs, not what he plans on doing to decide what to do to create jobs, and I certainly don't want to hear about his mother.

You arent bothered by the bias in the media, regarding his tears amd Hanson's tears?
The media needs to be impartial and provide a neutral account of all parties.
You're so ensconced inside your own echo chamber you can't see the bias in the stories you apparently swallow as gospel.
So you think the media bias is acceptable?

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)
Posts: 4008
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 282 times
Been thanked: 409 times

Re: The Federal Politics Thread

#545 Post by rev » Wed May 08, 2019 7:25 pm

Nort wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:54 pm
rev wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:41 pm
SRW wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:21 pm

You're pretty blinded by hate if that's how you see the state of play. Shame.
How many more promises will we get re ship building?

Why should I care about Shortens fake tears, because he faced a bit of scrutiny?
If he didn't want some irrelevant story about his mother scrutinized he shouldn't have tried to use it to win voters over.

I want to know what he plans on doing to create jobs, not what he plans on doing to decide what to do to create jobs, and I certainly don't want to hear about his mother.

You arent bothered by the bias in the media, regarding his tears amd Hanson's tears?
The media needs to be impartial and provide a neutral account of all parties.
https://www.alp.org.au/policies/labors- ... ocal-jobs/

https://www.alp.org.au/policies/battery ... facturing/

https://www.alp.org.au/policies/protect ... sa-system/

https://www.alp.org.au/policies/labors- ... cure-jobs/

https://www.alp.org.au/policies/labors- ... -hydrogen/

https://www.alp.org.au/policies/labors- ... ring-jobs/

https://www.alp.org.au/policies/labors- ... hoenixing/

https://www.alp.org.au/policies/better- ... l-workers/

https://www.alp.org.au/policies/new-jobs-tax-cut/

Labor aren't my first preference, but if you don't think they are talking about jobs and plans to generate and sustain them then you're either not looking or are being willingly ignorant.
My comment was in reference to him bringing his dead mother into it, ommitting details and then crying in front of the cameras because his story got scrutinized by the media, in the lead up to the final leaders debate..Im sure it wasnt orchestrated, Bills as honest as politicians come................, and Labors announcement they're going to hold a talk fest about ship building jobs if we vote them in.

User avatar
SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 2470
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: City
Has thanked: 571 times
Been thanked: 261 times

Re: The Federal Politics Thread

#546 Post by SRW » Wed May 08, 2019 8:14 pm

rev wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:15 pm
SRW wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:59 pm
You're so ensconced inside your own echo chamber you can't see the bias in the stories you apparently swallow as gospel.
So you think the media bias is acceptable?
No, I'm saying you're on the wrong side of the argument if that's your belief. Your reply to Nort above demonstrates that you've been suckered to the media bias that confirms your own prejudices, to the extent that you've adopted the egregiously false and disingenous narrative propagated by the Murdoch rags this morning.
Keep Adelaide Weird

User avatar
gnrc_louis
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 107
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:04 pm
Location: Grange
Has thanked: 158 times
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: The Federal Politics Thread

#547 Post by gnrc_louis » Wed May 08, 2019 9:31 pm

rev wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:12 pm
closet communist
You're either trolling or just incredibly dumb if you think Labor are "communist." Save it for AdelaideNow comments.

Nort
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1126
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:08 pm
Has thanked: 230 times
Been thanked: 144 times

Re: The Federal Politics Thread

#548 Post by Nort » Thu May 09, 2019 9:07 am

I'm enjoying watching how NewsCorps bullshit has backfired on them in this case.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)
Posts: 4008
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 282 times
Been thanked: 409 times

Re: The Federal Politics Thread

#549 Post by rev » Fri May 10, 2019 1:52 pm

SRW wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 8:14 pm
rev wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:15 pm
SRW wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:59 pm
You're so ensconced inside your own echo chamber you can't see the bias in the stories you apparently swallow as gospel.
So you think the media bias is acceptable?
No, I'm saying you're on the wrong side of the argument if that's your belief. Your reply to Nort above demonstrates that you've been suckered to the media bias that confirms your own prejudices, to the extent that you've adopted the egregiously false and disingenous narrative propagated by the Murdoch rags this morning.
What the hell are you babbling on about..do you even know your self? :hilarious:


Shame that a typical two faced slimy union grub like Shorten is Labor leader and not someone like Anthony Albanese.

Jim
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 239
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:46 pm
Location: North Adelaide
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: The Federal Politics Thread

#550 Post by Jim » Sat May 11, 2019 9:01 am

Image


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jim
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 239
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:46 pm
Location: North Adelaide
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: The Federal Politics Thread

#551 Post by Jim » Sat May 11, 2019 9:03 am

Jim wrote:Image


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Looking forward to some good economic management again


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)
Posts: 4008
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 282 times
Been thanked: 409 times

Re: The Federal Politics Thread

#552 Post by rev » Sat May 11, 2019 9:52 am

We managed to avoid the big hits of the GFC because of the previous Howard government had left the countries finances in a strong position.
Low debt, budget surpluses and strong economic growth. The RBA governor even commented on how strongly the economy was doing not long before the GFC.
Rudd took over with no commonwealth government debt because the Howard government had repaid it all supposedly, but in 2007 the government had a debt of 9% of GDP.
Joe Hockey in the Abbott government who with support of the Greens repealed the governments debt ceiling which was around $300 billion. They wanted to increase it to half a trillion.

At the moment our debt is over 40% of GDP and climbing.

A return to good economic management? Not unless Costello and Howard are making a come back. And even then they were only able to put us in a strong economic position because of the resources boom which they managed pretty well.

Jim
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 239
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:46 pm
Location: North Adelaide
Been thanked: 5 times

The Federal Politics Thread

#553 Post by Jim » Sat May 11, 2019 7:42 pm

rev wrote:We managed to avoid the big hits of the GFC because of the previous Howard government had left the countries finances in a strong position.
Low debt, budget surpluses and strong economic growth. The RBA governor even commented on how strongly the economy was doing not long before the GFC.
Rudd took over with no commonwealth government debt because the Howard government had repaid it all supposedly, but in 2007 the government had a debt of 9% of GDP.
Joe Hockey in the Abbott government who with support of the Greens repealed the governments debt ceiling which was around $300 billion. They wanted to increase it to half a trillion.

At the moment our debt is over 40% of GDP and climbing.

A return to good economic management? Not unless Costello and Howard are making a come back. And even then they were only able to put us in a strong economic position because of the resources boom which they managed pretty well.
The facts speak for themselves since 2013 the Australian
economy under the libs had slipped from number 1 to number 21

The Howard government received the rewards of the mining boom and the sell off of Australian government assets like Telstra and our gold reserves and of cause the restructuring of the Australian economy done by Keating.

But what did the Libs do with the money? They set about to embark on the biggest middle class social welfare subsidies of all time that set Australia in debt for years. Baby bonuses, middle class tax breaks, family allowances for the rich etc etc.




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
gnrc_louis
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 107
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:04 pm
Location: Grange
Has thanked: 158 times
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: The Federal Politics Thread

#554 Post by gnrc_louis » Sat May 11, 2019 8:26 pm

Jim wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 7:42 pm

But what did the Libs do with the money? They set about to embark on the biggest middle class social welfare subsidies of all time that set Australia in debt for years. Baby bonuses, middle class tax breaks, family allowances for the rich etc etc.
Exactly right - which has helped create long-term structural deficits.

ml69
Legendary Member!
Posts: 853
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:16 pm
Location: Adelaide SA
Has thanked: 92 times
Been thanked: 69 times

Re: The Federal Politics Thread

#555 Post by ml69 » Sun May 12, 2019 2:00 am

Jim wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 9:03 am
Jim wrote:Image


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Looking forward to some good economic management again


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is COMPLETELY MISLEADING to attribute the economic ranking of Australia to the government in power at the time in the above table.

Everybody knows that most of the major economies of the world turned to crap after the GFC in 2008, with Australia a notable exception. You suggest that this is due to the Labor government being in power.

The MAIN REASON was that the mining boom (which was still peaking between 2008-2011) was still powering Australia along, at the same time that most of the western world was tanking. Hence we shot up to #1. This would have happened regardless of which party was in power at the time.

The fact that we have dropped since 2013 is DUE TO THE MINING BUST, and the fact that the effects of the GFC were wearing off many economies such as the U.S after 2013.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests