Will Point Zero last?

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
wll6568
Sen-Rookie-Sational

Will Point Zero last?

#1 Post by wll6568 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:53 pm

It was in the press when Rundle Place was opening... and people were saying it was great to have a Canadian brand into the city, but... i actually went pass/ in a number of times. Man, I don't think they will last. There were literally no one in there, even on a busy weekend day. Something is wrong with them... It would be quite sad if it really closes down within a year or two.

wll6568
Sen-Rookie-Sational

Re: Will Point Zero last?

#2 Post by wll6568 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:01 pm

Looks like I was right:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger ... 6722960809

Rundle Place shopping centre.Source: Supplied

ADELAIDE'S flagship shopping centre, Rundle Place, has terminated the leases of three Canadian clothing brands, which it says owes more than $200,000 in rent.

Point Zero, Joshua Perets and La Vie En Rose have shut down just six months after launching their first Australian stores when Rundle Place opened in March.

Termination notices have been posted on all three ground floor shopfronts.

"The staff packed up and left on Tuesday which didn't leave us much option," Rundle Place centre manager Justin Dangerfield said.

"Rundle Place is trading very well but these brands hadn't managed to establish themselves."

Fashion retailers were being sought to fill the vacancies, he said.

"We're in discussion with appropriate brands to fill those spaces."

The notices said more than $102,000 was owed for the Point Zero shop, about $46,000 for La Vie En Rose and $66,000 for Joshua Perets. Stock has been seized to cover the outstanding amounts.

Comment is being sought from Retail Expansion Pty Ltd, which manages the three franchises.

Announcing the move into Adelaide late last year, Retail Expansion director Joseph Waknine said: "Rundle Place has proven to be the right spot for us with the best mixture of national and international big brands."

La Vie en Rose is a specialty lingerie retailer, Joshua Perets serves the teen and tween market and Point Zero offers fashion for men, women and children.

Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#3 Post by Nathan » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:38 pm

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#4 Post by rev » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:58 pm

wll6568 wrote: Something is wrong with them... It would be quite sad if it really closes down within a year or two.
Of course there is...have you seen any advertising or marketing for them anywhere? I haven't...

metro
Legendary Member!

#5 Post by metro » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:38 pm

I think now a better question is.. Will Apple last? :wink:

Nathan

#6 Post by Nathan » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:20 am

metro wrote:I think now a better question is.. Will Apple last? :wink:
Given the lines this morning (and the number of people in there on a normal day), they'll probably outlast the rest of the mall. It's Next Byte I'd be worried about.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#7 Post by monotonehell » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:23 am

Nathan wrote:
metro wrote:I think now a better question is.. Will Apple last? :wink:
Given the lines this morning (and the number of people in there on a normal day), they'll probably outlast the rest of the mall. It's Next Byte I'd be worried about.
The Apple reseller who opened on Rundle Street shut its doors soon after the Apple Store announcement.

I've also noticed the large number of people in Apple, but are any of them buying?
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Nathan

#8 Post by Nathan » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:35 am

monotonehell wrote:I've also noticed the large number of people in Apple, but are any of them buying?
Given that Apple Stores have far and away the highest profit to square foot ratio out of any major store, I'd say yes.

Hooligan
Legendary Member!

#9 Post by Hooligan » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:02 pm

Nathan wrote:
monotonehell wrote:I've also noticed the large number of people in Apple, but are any of them buying?
Given that Apple Stores have far and away the highest profit to square foot ratio out of any major store, I'd say yes.
I'm not surprised when they sell over priced shit to idiots.

Code: Select all

Signature removed