Bee Line not so friendly

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
Edgar
Legendary Member!

Bee Line not so friendly

#1 Post by Edgar » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:50 pm

I had one of the worse and scariest bus ride ever in my life. Unlike the express bus in Malaysia travelling at 100kmph cutting through cars in windy roads but this is worse!

I took the Bee Line from Unisa city west to Rundle Mall, the whole bus was full and packed, not surprising because it was 12.40pm on last Wednesday. The seats were all occupied, there were old folks walking with sticks in the bus, then the whole aisle was cramped with passenger standing all the way from the front till the rear last row of seats.

Then there was this lady bus driver (a killer), and she was trying to make the aisle passenger stand clear of the platform section on the front door entrance, there shouldnt be anyone standing on that platform section, cause should there be any accident, they dont want to see anyone flying through the front screen.

Then there is this physco guy (I presummed), who keeps bugging to the front section, I can't blame him either, the whole aisle was so packed cramped, any movements of the bus will move the whole line of crowds and someone would have been pushed to that section.

As soon as he stepped to that section, the lady bus driver will stop the whole bus right in the middle of the road. It doesn't matter if there is traffic behind the bus or not, she will stop. 1st time, she adviced, 2nd time, she stopped and advice again (in front of the rail way station) and 3rd time just before the Rundle Mall stop at the lights, she braked and warned again, this time she was on her nerves.

On the 4th time, disaster happened, just 4 feet away from the Rundle Mall stop, she stormed the brakes, jammed it to the floor and the whole bus came to a complete stop in less than 2 seconds. As all of you would have imagined, yes, everyone literally 'flew' forward. I was alright, I was seated, so I grabbed the handle of the seats in front of me, the whole crowd standing on the aisle were the victims, most fell to their knees. it was a total chaos, then there was this lady sitting in the middle in the last row of the seats, with nothing to hang on, she flew, yes, you got me right, she 'flew' and was thrown a metre ahead of her, landing her head/mouth to the ground or to one of the guy's feet, and when she got up, she was bleeding.

It was a total disaster, everybody started swearing 'What the F", "You suck!!" and so on, and guess what? The lady bus driver wouldn't give a shit, she started screaming at us furiously and said, "NOW EVERYONE CAN START GETTING OFF THE BUS FROM THE REAR DOOR!!!" and most people have already jumped out of the bus in horror to what had happened.

She wouldn't want to open the front door, cause she didnt want to let the guy off the bus, but apparently, the smart guy pull the emergency door open trigger button and got out.

Now you wouldn't believe me, guess what the lady bus driver did? she ran after that guy, and pulled his jacket not wanting to let him go, then she continued to smack his head!!! Then he was running away and she got in and got a stick in her hand.

Everyone standing outside was shocked they knew nothing. I got off the bus quickly, I didnt want to stay in the bus any longer, I would have eventually been killed by her if I stay any longer in the bus, but that's where I was getting off anyway.

Then this morning, it was pouring rain at around 10.30am, I was standing about 3 feet off the entry door when the bee Line bus came, because I did not want to get wet, so when the door opened and the passenger got off the bus, I hopped in, but the stupid bus driver didnt even check the door before he close it, I was freakingly clamped in between the door, the girl behind me was shocked. And the bus driver did not even apologise to me, wtf? And he was driving so fast and braking late on a freaking wet road, turn the bus like trying to drift!

BEE LINE SUCKS! One of the many reason for me to get back driving instead! Just thought it would be more convenient just to take the bus, but ended up in shitty experience.

PS: The lady bus driver, is the only small skinny short hair lady bus driver working for Bee Line, she always wear sunnies when driving the shuttle. Those who take Bee Line should know who she is, she works on the afternoon shift. Always annou nce on every stop, I used to like her politeness, but after that incident, I have a totally different view of her.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#2 Post by Howie » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:03 pm

Get her badge number and report her driving to transportsa i say. That's appalling.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#3 Post by Will » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:43 pm

That reminds me of the day a few years ago, when a completely naked man tried to board the bus with a sword.

Edgar
Legendary Member!

#4 Post by Edgar » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:47 am

I think many did that, I heard a lot of people claiming that they would report the case to the authorities.

I mean, it is alright, she has done nothing wrong in stopping the bus when the man stepped to the platform, due to safety reason, but she has to consider other passenger on board the bus, worse, those who are standing on the aisle.

Her attitude is stupid, her way of showing her 'concerns' about the safety is even more stupid. I am hoping not to see her driving the bee line anymore. I guess all the drivers felt threatened they would loose their job when they introduce the extension of the tram services, hence their affection in their current career.

JAKJ
High Rise Poster!

#5 Post by JAKJ » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:44 pm

I hope the guy slogged the bitch, unbelievable, she has to risk the chance of injury to a whole busload of people by slamming the brakes for no justifyable reason because she is getting annoyed at some guy for standing in an area that might, MIGHT be a danger to him ???wtf??? If I was in that situation I would honestly beat the living crap out of her for doing that.....( especially if I was on the bus with a young child or an elderly friend/relative)

Tom
High Rise Poster!

#6 Post by Tom » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:01 pm

I cannot belive that, I think you should send that to Adelaide Metro, even if she was having a bad day or whatever her reason she has no right to act like that, it makes it exceptionally bad that it would of had a alot of tourists on it.

Edgar
Legendary Member!

#7 Post by Edgar » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:09 pm

That was not the first time she slammed on the brake whenever someone stepped to the front platform of the bus, she did that before, but not as many times as this and without as many passenger on board.

I really pity those passenger who have to stand, squeezing, rubbing, pushing, leaning against each other on the aisle and facing such driving attitude.

There are only a few drivers for the Bee Line and you shouldnt miss her. Small skinny short hair and always wear a sunny.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#8 Post by Howie » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:38 pm

Okay i've just experienced what i would describe as pretty poor service on the beeline today too. The bus driver was being a rude sod, to all passengers - especially the elderly - who were simply asking directions.

His driving skills were shocking, he almost went up another bus' ass trying to get to a stop (which mind you was the wrong stop in the end).

F--

Edgar
Legendary Member!

#9 Post by Edgar » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:38 pm

I think the Bee Line bus are being driven more recklessly than any other vehicles on the city roads :(

They should understand that to drive a public bus, especially the Bee Line and the City Loop where there are constantly elderly people or passenger standing on the aisle, it is important to drive in a smooth pace when accelerating or braking.

The bus is literally hopping and jerking all the way.

Sucks big time.

Alyx
High Rise Poster!

#10 Post by Alyx » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:06 am

Last edited by Alyx on Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Edgar
Legendary Member!

#11 Post by Edgar » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:46 am

Apparently, I havent seen her driving the Bee Line anymore lately. But I will keep an eye again later today

Aseem
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#12 Post by Aseem » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:50 pm

edgar_raphael wrote:Apparently, I havent seen her driving the Bee Line anymore lately. But I will keep an eye again later today
Edgar, I would suggest you report the incident on the adelaide metro site - http://www.adelaidemetro.com.au. Although I have not had such a bad experience yet in my last 1 month of travel, I do meet some stiff ass drivers who dont even reply to a friendly hello. But what you have described is really sad. I hope there are no such drivers working for ADLmetro anymore.

Cheers,
Aseem

Edgar
Legendary Member!

#13 Post by Edgar » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:16 am

Dear all, the lady driver in the initial story is still working for the Adelaide Free Metro, but had since been transferred to driving City Loop instead. I guess someone must have reported her, but they wouldnt want to dismiss her, hence transferring her to driving City Loop instead.

It was still a scary experience

Mants
Legendary Member!

#14 Post by Mants » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:27 pm

edgar_raphael wrote:Dear all, the lady driver in the initial story is still working for the Adelaide Free Metro, but had since been transferred to driving City Loop instead. I guess someone must have reported her, but they wouldnt want to dismiss her, hence transferring her to driving City Loop instead.

It was still a scary experience
damn, City Loop is the one i catch...

julikaee
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#15 Post by julikaee » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:50 pm

I think it's safe to say that commuters will no longer have to deal with them B-Line & City Loop drivers after the extension of the tram line (not that I support the extension).