Is your work or study development-related?

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
Pants
VIP Member
VIP Member

Is your work or study development-related?

#1 Post by Pants » Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:57 pm

Questions don't get more exciting than this, I know, but I was just wondering what you guys are slacking off from when you're on here or SSC.

I always wanted to be an Architect, but when I realised it got so technical that your buildings had to stand aswell as look good, I gave that the arse.

Ended up becoming a construction litigation lawyer. Cheery kinda job if ever there was one.

petermaloney
High Rise Poster!

#2 Post by petermaloney » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:22 am

i did too.
but i dont like maths

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#3 Post by Howie » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:31 am

i ended up in IT/management .... so i'm always online :)

Algernon
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#4 Post by Algernon » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:29 pm

I started out in IT/Networking, then after about 2 years realised my only real "Solution" to computer problems involves windows. The big ones on buildings.

I'm now 2 years into Urban Planning. But me being me, my new passion is science fiction writing :D I'll stick with planning though, otherwise i'll end up with a string of half finished diplomas/degrees :lol:

petermaloney
High Rise Poster!

#5 Post by petermaloney » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:36 pm

i have a cert III in animal care + Husbandry. :roll:

AG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#6 Post by AG » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:15 pm

No work yet. Still over a year to go for me before I go for a Civil and Structural Engineering, possibly combined with commerce. Thank god for me that I'm pretty good at maths.

I've always been more interested in the functional side of things than the aesthetics. Besides I suck with my artistic skills and I doubt that I'd ever become a successful architect even if I wanted to.

tayser
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#7 Post by tayser » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:15 pm

Final semester of B. Info Systems degree, could be a Victorian State government bureaucrat by this time next, or overseas, I'll take whichever comes first :lol:

Thunderstruck
High Rise Poster!

#8 Post by Thunderstruck » Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:19 am

No work here either atm, for me im a bit leftfield of most of u guys, Im doing a Bachelor of Science majoring in earth sciences and will do honours next year. Always in the computer lab typing assignments up and a good excuse to sit on the net hehe. Hoping to become a Meteorologist, and move to the USA and become a prof storm chaser/on the ground Meteorologist but have always had a massive interest in buildings, and how they get built from foundation to spire (if there is one). Be a great chance to view some serious buildings in the USA tho if I get over there =]
"He was the sort of person who stood on mountaintops during thunderstorms in wet copper armour shouting "All the Gods are bastards" - Pratchett

stumpjumper
Legendary Member!

#9 Post by stumpjumper » Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:52 pm

Two architecture degrees, after great expense of time and effort, and half a law degree. Running a design practice, but spend most of my time solving non-design problems. Must be an easier way...

Algernon
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#10 Post by Algernon » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:47 am

Stumpjumper, what's the name of your practise? I may have criticised your work before :lol: