help me help my boy

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
vietman
Sen-Rookie-Sational

help me help my boy

#1 Post by vietman » Thu May 22, 2014 11:34 am

Hello, I am looking for my son, he is 24 and has ran away from family house in Melbourne to Adelaide, he is addicted To drugs, heroin. We have not heard from him in 3 week and very worry, we plan on come to Adelaide to look for our boy, where is a place to start looking? Vietnamese communitys and local drug places/street? We need your help.thank you.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: help me help my boy

#2 Post by Howie » Thu May 22, 2014 7:02 pm

Really sorry to hear that. I would definitely try calling this place.

http://sacommunity.org/org/201452-Vietn ... 33DRLFzBaQ

They look after addicts in the vietnamese australian community, and may possibly have some information about your son.

Best of luck.

stumpjumper
Legendary Member!

#3 Post by stumpjumper » Thu May 22, 2014 11:44 pm

You're a good man, Howie. The bloke should not forget the police, either. They have a good knowledge of the drug scene, and are more sympathetic than you might think to people caught up in addiction.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#4 Post by rev » Fri May 23, 2014 5:05 am

Would definitely try what Howie said, and as Stumpjumper suggested try the police.
Although I doubt they'll be able to do much given he is an adult, so him running away wont be much of a concern as it would if he was underage. But definitely give them his and your information.

There isn't really any individual "drug streets".
If he is into the whole Vietnamese community thing, he may be somewhere in the north western suburbs where there is a big Vietnamese and Asian community, and also a well known drug problem. Heroin and Ice mainly. Perhaps print out some flyers with his photo on them, and go around to the local shops in the area(there's lots of Asian grocers etc), and ask if you can put it up. Have your phone number on there and some brief information. If he is in the area, someone may see him.
There's drugs and addicts, drug houses etc, all over Adelaide. From the poorest suburbs to the wealthiest.

Good luck, hope you find him safe and well.