Slogans for the roads you use

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
Waewick
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Slogans for the roads you use

#1 Post by Waewick » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:04 pm

Australians love a good slogan, so as I was driving home witnessing an extraordinary amount of plain rude driving I started thinking of slogans for the roads I use to warn people of how to use them

Kensington Road: Indicators optional

I’ve found, due to Adelaidians desire to never let anyone in front of them that Kensington Road drivers have a habit of trying subtly change lanes, with a short indication once they are half way across the lane.

This appears to be to avoid the driver from behind inexplicitly accelerating from their cruising speed, making the space unusable.

This also applies to a certain type of person, whom travelling East from the city on the turn right or straight ahead lane, will get to an intersection and only put on their indicator once the light has turned green, much to the frustration of 20 people behind them who though the lane was going straight.

or

Kensington Road – Merge in front of me at your peril.

Kensignton road drivers simply cannot merge lanes without at least trying to get in front of the other car, doesn’t matter how far back they are.

Britannia roundabout – bugger everyone else I’m turning left anyway.

This is a salute to selfish and hopeless, who despite all the signs still cannot work out you aren’t meant to be turning left from the right lane.
Usually these people see the inevitable bank up of cars on the left hand land coming into the city and try to take the right lane, with a hope that they’ll be able to change lanes mid round about.

When their generally shit driving skills are exposed, well, they turn left anyway, bugger everyone else, I’m turning left!

Wakefield Street - What do you mean both lanes go to a round about.

A call out to the morons who constantly change lanes in peak hour heading East in the p.m. I mean at which point do they think 1 lane is magically going to be able to drive over the round about avoiding all congestion.

Penfold Road - The 1 lane freeway

apparently the lack of lines creating 2 lanes going in one direction isn't required on this lane, the fact that there is room for a car means drivers of these road try to use it.

I had someone try to overtake me heading into the single lane roundabout on an nonexistant lane the other day, came from a good 20 metres back blisfully unaware penfolds road is single lane...

Some other one for existing roads

Upper Kensignton/Hallett Road – Bike path, what bike path.
Enough said.

Does anyone else have any? Or am I just way to bored in traffic.
Last edited by Waewick on Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Slogans for the roads you use

#2 Post by Wayno » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:12 pm

Unley Rd - A 4km long chicane.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

claybro

#3 Post by claybro » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:16 pm

THE PARADE: Posh wankers in BMW's Boulevarde

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#4 Post by monotonehell » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:50 pm

claybro wrote:THE PARADE: Posh wankers in BMW's Boulevarde
something something 4WDs...
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

[Shuz]

#5 Post by [Shuz] » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:42 pm

South Road - Adelaide's Red Light District.

Everyone seems to have a foot on the brakes all the time. It's always stop-start traffic. All I see is a sea of red lights...

Peel Street, CBD - Pedestrians? What pedestrians?
Despite it clearly being a shared use zone, now with tables and chairs and a steady flow of pedestrians... Motorists still think this is a street to hoon straight through at a million miles an hour when trying to take a shortcut between Hindley and Currie Streets.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#6 Post by monotonehell » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:13 am

[Shuz] wrote:South Road - Adelaide's Red Light District...
One million Internet pun points for you.
:cheers:
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.