Property to invest at Adelaide with good ROI

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
fooky005
Sen-Rookie-Sational

Property to invest at Adelaide with good ROI

#1 Post by fooky005 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:50 pm

Good day everyone! My name is KK from Malaysia, would appreciates an professional advise and sharing from you guys any project are worth to invest at Adelaide right now? Thank you!

thecityguy
High Rise Poster!

Re: Property to invest at Adelaide with good ROI

#2 Post by thecityguy » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:16 pm

I would suggest looking into, the Bowery apartments in Bowden (a suburb on the outskirts of the cbd). An upcoming area with amazing growth potential!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goodsy
Legendary Member!

#3 Post by Goodsy » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:26 pm

If you're looking long term I'd suggest buying market gardens around Virginia and lease them out to farmers until a property developer comes knocking on your door

AG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#4 Post by AG » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:22 pm

I would suggest you go talk to a professional property investment advice group to discuss your situation, as I do not think this forum is necessarily the best place to be getting advice.

Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#5 Post by Nathan » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:35 pm

thecityguy wrote:I would suggest looking into, the Bowery apartments in Bowden (a suburb on the outskirts of the cbd). An upcoming area with amazing growth potential
Bowery is almost sold out (if it hasn't already), but B Apartments are still available and ARIES will be launching in the next few months.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#6 Post by rev » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:28 am

I don't really care if the guy gets offended by this, but I really wish the federal government would crack down on these foreign investors who come here and pay well over what a property is worth which results on locals being forced out of the market because they can't afford to pay well over what a property is worth to actually LIVE IN not as an investment.

Market gardens? Yeh, that's what Australia needs. More of it's prime land held by foreigners with foreign interests that aren't Australia's interests. Great idea.

Besides, there ain't going to be any property developers knocking on market gardeners doors any time soon, not with the new urban growth boundary. Unless I've misread it.

My advice to this guy?
Buy property in your own country and stop wrecking the local housing/property market in Australia.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#7 Post by monotonehell » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:14 pm

Rev: Well yeah.. except no.
https://www.amp.com.au/news/2015/septem ... rty-prices
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-06-08/v ... es/6528710

The recent Sydney and Melbourne house prices report has seen a slump. So perhaps the market is in correction mode? Maybe.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

metro
Legendary Member!

#8 Post by metro » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:09 pm

rev wrote:Besides, there ain't going to be any property developers knocking on market gardeners doors any time soon, not with the new urban growth boundary. Unless I've misread it.
and the urban growth boundary is gone.. all thanks to the cross bench and SA-Lib MLCs. :applause: :roll:

http://indaily.com.au/news/local/2015/1 ... illed-off/

rev

#9 Post by rev » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:57 pm

metro wrote:
rev wrote:Besides, there ain't going to be any property developers knocking on market gardeners doors any time soon, not with the new urban growth boundary. Unless I've misread it.
and the urban growth boundary is gone.. all thanks to the cross bench and SA-Lib MLCs. :applause: :roll:

http://indaily.com.au/news/local/2015/1 ... illed-off/
Wow, what a surprise...Liberals and Family First opposing something logical proposed by the Labor government. :wallbash:
All that's missing is the dinosaurs in the Adelaide City Council and we'd have a trifecta of pissant stupidity.

Ho Really
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#10 Post by Ho Really » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:06 pm

rev wrote:[...]

My advice to this guy?
Buy property in your own country and stop wrecking the local housing/property market in Australia.
Better to invest in Southeast Asia and India.

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

Goodsy
Legendary Member!

#11 Post by Goodsy » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:34 pm

Ho Really wrote:
rev wrote:[...]

My advice to this guy?
Better to invest in Southeast Asia and India.

Cheers

SEA and India is okay, but if you really want the big bucks you need to be investing in time travel

AG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#12 Post by AG » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:48 am

This thread makes me want to hang my head in shame.

We should be encouraging investment in Australia by those from overseas, even in residential real estate. Through the mining downturn, all this residential construction has helped soften the blow from the job losses in the mining sector. Without the overseas investors, we wouldn't have a lot of this construction or the jobs created along with it, or many of the new residential towers around Adelaide including Vue and Kodo. New residential towers such as Vue and Kodo wouldn't be happening without this demand from overseas investors.

Overseas investors can only buy new real estate anyway, they are not allowed to buy established properties.

Australia is not one property market. Places like Perth and Darwin are suffering from the mining downturn, and prices in Adelaide are not going anywhere at the moment. Completely different to the story in Sydney and Melbourne.

thecityguy
High Rise Poster!

#13 Post by thecityguy » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:56 pm

I struggle to see the downside in oversea investors buying here, especially if they are only able to buy new houses. Sorry rev!!

rev

#14 Post by rev » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:07 pm

AG wrote:This thread makes me want to hang my head in shame.

We should be encouraging investment in Australia by those from overseas, even in residential real estate. Through the mining downturn, all this residential construction has helped soften the blow from the job losses in the mining sector. Without the overseas investors, we wouldn't have a lot of this construction or the jobs created along with it, or many of the new residential towers around Adelaide including Vue and Kodo. New residential towers such as Vue and Kodo wouldn't be happening without this demand from overseas investors.

Overseas investors can only buy new real estate anyway, they are not allowed to buy established properties.

Australia is not one property market. Places like Perth and Darwin are suffering from the mining downturn, and prices in Adelaide are not going anywhere at the moment. Completely different to the story in Sydney and Melbourne.
So we should encourage foreigners to buy apartments and what not, rent them out, and create an easy system of taking wealth out of the country?
Are you for real?
How does that benefit the average person?
Is my standard of living going to increase because an investor from Malaysia or Hong Kong has purchased an apartment in Kodo or Vue, rents it out to someone local here, and takes the money out of Australia?

Foreign investment should have it's limits.
If that makes you hang your head in shame, then book your self into see a physio mate.

thecityguy
High Rise Poster!

#15 Post by thecityguy » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:48 pm

It does have its limits? Isn't only being able to buy new homes a limit?