Deregulation of Shop Trading Hours

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.

Do you support de - regulation of shop trading hours ?

Yes
90%
No
10%

Total votes: 42

SBD
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: Deregulation of Shop Trading Hours

#166 Post by SBD » Fri May 15, 2020 12:06 pm

ChillyPhilly wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 11:25 am
Rob Lucas is pretty sleazy for using medical reasons to satisfy his political agenda.
I don't think he's unique in that. Politicians of all colours seem to be able to include their political message in their comments, even (or especially) if it immediately follows "I don't want to make this political".

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#167 Post by SRW » Fri May 15, 2020 12:37 pm

If parliament were sitting, it’d be interesting to see if Labor moved a disallowance on the minister’s regulation.
Keep Adelaide Weird

neoballmon
High Rise Poster!

#168 Post by neoballmon » Tue May 19, 2020 8:52 pm

Verbatim9 wrote:Indaily---[url=https://indaily.com.au/news/2020/05/12/ ... ay-may-12/] Lucas has allowed extended trading hours throughout the pandemic, using rolling 30-day exemptions, citing SA Health advice that longer hours help facilitate social distancing.

The new 30-day exemption will apply from May 20 to June 18, allowing supermarkets to trade for 24 hours on weekdays, from 12am to 9pm on Saturdays and from 9am to 9pm on Sundays.
I work for Coles and over the last few months have not seen much "spread" of shopping habits through these extended hours.

Closing at 10pm was an absolute waste of time as there were more customers finishing their shop as it hit 9, than people walking in through the last hour.

Closing at 9 on weekends was much the same and even the current 6pm close on weekends just seems unnecessary.

9am open Sunday has some merit, and has probably been the most successful of the changes, but still nothing spectacular, and not as busy as being open at 9am through December.

ANZAC day being open for 5 hours was also much more successful than past Easter Monday's and Boxing days we had been open, so could be justified as a one-off due to the pandemic, but I think with stage 2 coming into affect, Queens Birthday should remain as it always has, and stay closed out of the CBD.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Looking forward to a free-flowing Adelaide!