[COM] SA Water | 56m | 11lvls | Office

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#76 Post by Howie » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:29 pm

Thread title changed.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

[COM]

#77 Post by crawf » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:20 pm

Out of curiousity, how tall is the law courts building?

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#78 Post by Will » Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:17 pm

crawf wrote:Out of curiousity, how tall is the law courts building?
48m

Snorkie
High Rise Poster!

[COM]

#79 Post by Snorkie » Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:42 am

Will Wrote
48m
Nah not even, on emporis it says it is 46. To give you some indication as to how tall this one will be, the RBA (I think its the Reserve Bank anyways) building on vic square (just north of this site across the road) is 55m. So this will be practically the same hight, but way fatter, so will look awsome, cant wait till it gets up.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#80 Post by Will » Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:53 pm

Snorkie wrote:Will Wrote
48m
Nah not even, on emporis it says it is 46. To give you some indication as to how tall this one will be, the RBA (I think its the Reserve Bank anyways) building on vic square (just north of this site across the road) is 55m. So this will be practically the same hight, but way fatter, so will look awsome, cant wait till it gets up.
You might not be aware of this, but I am the editor of Adelaide on Emporis, and unless some idiot has changed the heights of the buildings in the last couple of days, the height of the Commonwealth Law courts is 48m and the height of the Reserve Bank Building is 65m. Both of these heights are correct and are verefied by documents from 2002 in regard to the Law Courts and drawings as well as documents available at the State Library ofr the Reserve Bank Building. The dates, heights and other technical data featured on Emporis are correct and have not being made up by myself.

Snorkie
High Rise Poster!

[COM]

#81 Post by Snorkie » Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:40 pm

Yep, right you are will on both counts. I thought i had the heights memorised, but clearly not. Just out of curiosity then, as you are the editor (i know this is off topic), but if CC1 is listed as 99m, which is to the top of the spire (or at least it was when you could view all status buildings, but as such am assuming it will be listed as 99 when completed), then why is Telstra Waymouth exchange only listed as 72m, when the spire on that is a lot taller than the one on CC1, and as such would take its height closer to the 100m mark?

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#82 Post by Will » Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:33 pm

Snorkie wrote:Yep, right you are will on both counts. I thought i had the heights memorised, but clearly not. Just out of curiosity then, as you are the editor (i know this is off topic), but if CC1 is listed as 99m, which is to the top of the spire (or at least it was when you could view all status buildings, but as such am assuming it will be listed as 99 when completed), then why is Telstra Waymouth exchange only listed as 72m, when the spire on that is a lot taller than the one on CC1, and as such would take its height closer to the 100m mark?
Spires are a complex issue, and their definition is somewhat confusing. The spire on CCT1 is included as the structural height of the building, because the spire is 'large', significant and was added at the time of construction. Furthermore the spire on CCT1 is purely decorational. The telecommunications mast on the Waymouth Exchange brings the height of that building to 102m, however the spire was added in 1980, 8 years after the building was completed, therefore it cannot be classified as part of the structure. The same goes with the 'spire' on the Grenfell Centre. Both the Grenfell Centre and the Waymouth exchange 'spires' are classified as telecommunication devices and are in the same league as microwave dishes, moblie phone towers and antennas.

Ho Really
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[COM]

#83 Post by Ho Really » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:23 pm

Went down Angas Street this morning at about 11:00am and there was a (Marchetti) large mobile crane owned by Samaras parked in the street. Are we at the beginnings of seeing a Favco being erected or will some metal structure be going up? Anyone got any extra news?

Cheers

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#84 Post by AtD » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:32 pm

I had a look today and couldn't see a crane base, sorry.

UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#85 Post by UrbanSG » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:35 pm

From today. This one is slow to get off the ground. Probably because it is so large, floorplate-wise. I think it is about time for a decent crane or two to appear on this site as well!

Ho Really
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[COM]

#86 Post by Ho Really » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:23 pm

UrbanSG wrote:From today. This one is slow to get off the ground. Probably because it is so large, floorplate-wise. I think it is about time for a decent crane or two to appear on this site as well!
The mobile crane owned by Samaras is on the left of the pic taken by UrbanSG. It wasn't in operation when I went past the last two times. Something will have to happen soon. :)

Cheers

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#87 Post by Ben » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:26 am

Went past yesterday and looks like the lift core is starting to rise.

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#88 Post by AtD » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:23 pm

Yeah, there were a few mobile cranes on site today. Didn't get a chance to look.

UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#89 Post by UrbanSG » Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:37 pm

Up goes the large core. Amazing to see so much crane action in Victoria Square. This one really needs same damn tower cranes now! Hopefully in the next couple of weeks or so.

Pistol
Legendary Member!

[COM]

#90 Post by Pistol » Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:45 pm

Thats a nice pic with the crane for CC2 going up in the background. Tower crane for this one must be coming very soon.