[APP] 199-200 North Terrace | 85m | 20lvls | Mixed Use

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Patrick_27
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[APP] Re: PRO: 199-200 North Terrace | ~80m | 20lvls | Mixed Use

#286 Post by Patrick_27 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:24 pm

monotonehell wrote:
Patrick_27 wrote:
Ben wrote:You should read prior posts :)
I try, but it gets so tedious at points. :(
Yes but it's the one RIGHT BEFORE YOU POST! :lol:
Well...This is embarrassing... :oops:

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#287 Post by Will » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:36 pm

From the Hames Sharley website:

North Terrace Mixed Use Development

+Client:Commercial & General, Maras Group and Le Cordon Bleau+
Features:Commercial office space, High End Retail, Education Facility and Apartments

The vision is to create mixed use high end destination within the city centre which includes high end retail on the ground level, education, office and residential, plus associated car parking.

The 20 level mixed use development will be Adelaide’s first premium grade building in over a decade. A total floor space of 32,000sqm, the ten upper levels will be comprise of 20,000 sqm of office space whilst the remaining first three levels will be dedicated to retail.

International hospitality education institution Le Cordon Bleu will anchor the building and is set to tenant four levels making this the largest education facility in the world

Phantom
High Rise Poster!

#288 Post by Phantom » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:41 pm

To be fair, the set up of the former Club 199 looks like with another coat of paint, it could make a fairly high end strip club. :P

That top picture looks like it could be in Rundle Place. White roof, black and wooden vertical lines and a marble looking floor... It really does remind me of Rundle Place!

The second picture looks like what would happen if Gucci opened a store in the old B&O storefront in the bottom floor of the black stump, with the big black awning above the entrance.

And the third picture... I dunno, I'm running out of things to relate them to... Those diagonal lines are an interesting design feature. That jewellery box next to the Mayfair Hotel has them, too. Is that trend coming back in?
"Mono, you're a knob. <3"

Waewick

#289 Post by Waewick » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:28 pm

Looks interesting but the blurb is confusing. Is it proposed or is it happening?

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#290 Post by crawf » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:10 am

O..m..g

My only wish is they include a mainstream cinema just to boast the night time activity aswell as give the city another attraction. Sure the city already has the wonderful Palace Nova though it desperately needs a mainstream complex. The former city cinemas were either tiny, badly located or plain horrible.

Also if they include a food court, it would be nice to have one on a higher floor (think Melb Central or Westfield Sydney) instead of the typical ground floor or the basement.

Ofcourse I'm not even sure if there is enough demand to warrent yet another large retail plaza but I would love to be proven wrong.
Last edited by crawf on Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:28 am, edited 4 times in total.

metro
Legendary Member!

#291 Post by metro » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:29 am

I feel like i'm repeating myself, but the tower needs to break the 100m barrier, cut off the bit fronting North Tce behind the Heritage Facade and make the back part taller, 105-110m would be a big change to the skyline, 140m would give Adelaide a new tallest and help shatter the myth that Adelaide is dying.

Patrick_27

#292 Post by Patrick_27 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:27 pm

This is the kind of stand-out project that I would LOVE to see on the site of the Inter-Continental site at Riverside; mixed use of retail, entertainment, accommodation and an office component that isn't obvious to the pedestrian eye - perhaps with cinemas as well?

Patrick_27

#293 Post by Patrick_27 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:37 pm

crawf wrote:My only wish is they include a mainstream cinema just to boast the night time activity aswell as give the city another attraction. Sure the city already has the wonderful Palace Nova though it desperately needs a mainstream complex. The former city cinemas were either tiny, badly located or plain horrible.
I'm a massive advocate of a new CBD cinema complex; but this site, unless directly off the mall (and not Gawler Place) - it won't work. The city doesn't desperately need a 'mainstream' cinema - cinema popularity has been on the decline; Palace Nova are probably in the best position, Art House cinema has never been stronger, and their ability to mix that with a selection of popular films at the East End has worked well. Though, I'm with you on another city cinema centrally located; I would love to see Wallis capitalize on this, as a former employee of their Chelsea Cinema it was under serious consideration at the closure of Glenelg and vacating of Chelsea, since then there has been little chatter on the topic.

I'd love to see a complex either at the top of the Myer Centre, or the old David Jones building - both have close access to parking. Otherwise, if a cinema were considered for this site like you've proposed - perhaps they could further expand the retail mix of this development and acquire the site of Woolworths and have the new building face the mall there - build cinemas above that part of the site...

I hope to see this take off, either way!

Phantom
High Rise Poster!

#294 Post by Phantom » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:45 pm

Patrick_27 wrote:
crawf wrote:My only wish is they include a mainstream cinema just to boast the night time activity aswell as give the city another attraction. Sure the city already has the wonderful Palace Nova though it desperately needs a mainstream complex. The former city cinemas were either tiny, badly located or plain horrible.
I'm a massive advocate of a new CBD cinema complex; but this site, unless directly off the mall (and not Gawler Place) - it won't work. The city doesn't desperately need a 'mainstream' cinema - cinema popularity has been on the decline; Palace Nova are probably in the best position, Art House cinema has never been stronger, and their ability to mix that with a selection of popular films at the East End has worked well. Though, I'm with you on another city cinema centrally located; I would love to see Wallis capitalize on this, as a former employee of their Chelsea Cinema it was under serious consideration at the closure of Glenelg and vacating of Chelsea, since then there has been little chatter on the topic.

I'd love to see a complex either at the top of the Myer Centre, or the old David Jones building - both have close access to parking. Otherwise, if a cinema were considered for this site like you've proposed - perhaps they could further expand the retail mix of this development and acquire the site of Woolworths and have the new building face the mall there - build cinemas above that part of the site...

I hope to see this take off, either way!
The top of the Myer Centre isn't that bad of an idea, to be honest. I quite like that one, Patrick.

Nathan

#295 Post by Nathan » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:46 pm

Guys, these are the renders from over 2 years ago - jump back to page 18: http://www.sensational-adelaide.com/for ... 18#p100518

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#296 Post by how good is he » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:37 pm

Yes that outstanding curved design is what the owner wanted to build but ACC wouldn't approve ..... below it is the hideous brown render that the ACC wanted it too look like [and approved it]....& the owner then sold the site in disgust!

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#297 Post by SRW » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:29 pm

I think Nathan means to say that the renders of this proposed mixed used development (not the previous residential ones) are now two years old and are likely no longer current.
Keep Adelaide Weird

Nathan

#298 Post by Nathan » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:19 pm

SRW wrote:I think Nathan means to say that the renders of this proposed mixed used development (not the previous residential ones) are now two years old and are likely no longer current.
Bingo. The description & renders from the Hames Sharley site match what was reported in 2012

Phantom
High Rise Poster!

#299 Post by Phantom » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:20 am

Nathan wrote:
SRW wrote:I think Nathan means to say that the renders of this proposed mixed used development (not the previous residential ones) are now two years old and are likely no longer current.
Bingo. The description & renders from the Hames Sharley site match what was reported in 2012
DON'T RUIN OUR FANTASIES AND FUN WITH YOUR TRUTH, NATHAN! :P

skyliner

#300 Post by skyliner » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:43 am

Phantom wrote:
Nathan wrote:
DON'T RUIN OUR FANTASIES AND FUN WITH YOUR TRUTH, NATHAN! :P
A real pity the original renders are not the current design. Would have been impressive on NT.

ADELAIDE - TOWARDS A GREATER CITY SKYLINE
Jack.