[COM] [The Precinct] Central Bus Station

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM] Re: #U/C: The Precinct - 5 x 62m, 19 lvl Towers

#211 Post by Ben » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:20 pm

Seems the feud with Villi ending in his loss. New application for cafe in the bus station and it's not from him:
Type: Development Application Received
Application Number: DA/491/2008
Lodgement Date: 20/06/2008
Description: Internal fitout for cafe/convenience store

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM] Re: New Central Bus Station on Franklin street now open

#212 Post by Ben » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:52 am

The big "BUS" signage is being installed over the carpark as I type.

Also an application has been lodged with council to fitout for 24 hour cafe - it's NOT from Villi's though.

thechap
High Rise Poster!

#213 Post by thechap » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:59 am

Ben wrote:Also an application has been lodged with council to fitout for 24 hour cafe - it's NOT from Villi's though.
Bugger. I love Villi's - beef schnitzel and chips to die for.
"The Beauty of Grace is that it makes life not fair." - Relient K

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#214 Post by Norman » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:58 pm

thechap wrote:
Ben wrote:Also an application has been lodged with council to fitout for 24 hour cafe - it's NOT from Villi's though.
Bugger. I love Villi's - beef schnitzel and chips to die for.
Give me Chicken Snitties anytime :lol:

thechap
High Rise Poster!

#215 Post by thechap » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:53 pm

Do we need to start a war on the chicken vs beef? Haha. :lol:
"The Beauty of Grace is that it makes life not fair." - Relient K

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#216 Post by Norman » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:17 pm

thechap wrote:Do we need to start a war on the chicken vs beef? Haha. :lol:
Yes.

:lol:

cruel_world00
Donating Member
Donating Member

#217 Post by cruel_world00 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:47 pm

Ben wrote:The big "BUS" signage is being installed over the carpark as I type.

Also an application has been lodged with council to fitout for 24 hour cafe - it's NOT from Villi's though.

I was just there (well at Dumpling King...so good) and the 'B' is pretty much done.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

[COM] Re: #COM: Central Bus Station [The Precinct]

#218 Post by SRW » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:02 am

Anyone clued into why the retail tenancy is seemingly still being 'fitted out' some two years after it was leased?
Keep Adelaide Weird

Professor
High Rise Poster!

#219 Post by Professor » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:18 am

It was a Italian restaurant being fitted out around 6 months ago and the work has since stopped. There has been no progress at all during 2010.

I often go to Cafe de Villi in mile end and it is always vibrant, friendly and busy with "good" junk food and plenty of customers from literally all walks of life.

Thanks again Adelaide Council for blocking Villi, who would have provided 24 / 7 options and new life in the city centre. Much better to provide the lease to another person with little track record and who looks to have gone broke. The bus station area is still empty and tacky.

peas_and_corn
Legendary Member!

#220 Post by peas_and_corn » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:19 pm

Professor wrote:It was a Italian restaurant being fitted out around 6 months ago and the work has since stopped. There has been no progress at all during 2010.

I often go to Cafe de Villi in mile end and it is always vibrant, friendly and busy with "good" junk food and plenty of customers from literally all walks of life.

Thanks again Adelaide Council for blocking Villi, who would have provided 24 / 7 options and new life in the city centre. Much better to provide the lease to another person with little track record and who looks to have gone broke. The bus station area is still empty and tacky.
Maybe we could encourage the 24 hour bakery in Norwood to open a second outlet ;)

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#221 Post by Wayno » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:16 pm

Professor wrote:Thanks again Adelaide Council for blocking Villi, who would have provided 24 / 7 options and new life in the city centre. Much better to provide the lease to another person with little track record and who looks to have gone broke. The bus station area is still empty and tacky.
Wasn't Villi being unrealistic with his demands? 24/7 liqour license or something like that?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

skyliner
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#222 Post by skyliner » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:51 pm

V sad to read that the bus stn has not developed into having any vibrancy about it. Still sounds like a glassed in cavern. So much potential there.

ADELAIDE - TOWARDS A GREATER CITY SKYLINE
Jack.

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#223 Post by AtD » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:26 pm

Wayno wrote:Wasn't Villi being unrealistic with his demands? 24/7 liqour license or something like that?
That's what I thought.

Vee
Legendary Member!

#224 Post by Vee » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:44 pm

Professor wrote: I often go to Cafe de Villi in mile end and it is always vibrant, friendly and busy with "good" junk food and plenty of customers from literally all walks of life.

Agree re atmosphere at Cafe de Vili being 'friendly and busy'. This was a lost opportunity. What has happened since?

The bus station lacks life and one of the most important amenities for travellers: a decent, affordable range of food and drinks in a comfortable setting with efficient, friendly service (and it needs extended hours). Food needs to be fresh and service needs to be pretty slick for busy travellers in transit and to attract extra custom from passing trade.

There are lots of good bakeries and cafes in Adelaide with excellent reputations. I would hate to see an operator installed where service was slow and or food ordinary and over-priced.
We desperately need a more lively atmosphere and an essential service at the bus station.

Hooligan
Legendary Member!

#225 Post by Hooligan » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:33 pm

Wayno wrote:
Professor wrote:Thanks again Adelaide Council for blocking Villi, who would have provided 24 / 7 options and new life in the city centre. Much better to provide the lease to another person with little track record and who looks to have gone broke. The bus station area is still empty and tacky.
Wasn't Villi being unrealistic with his demands? 24/7 liqour license or something like that?
He was refused a 24 hour liqour license so he stamped his feet, grabbed his ball and headed home.

Code: Select all

Signature removed