[CAN] 82 Flinders Street | 53m | 17lvls | Office

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN] 82 Flinders Street | 53m | 17lvls | Office

#1 Post by UrbanSG » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:40 pm

This one was lodged with the ACC last week. It is a very small allotment just east of the Flinders Link development. Does anybody have anymore details?
Development Application Received
Application Number: DA/213/2008
Lodgement Date: 13/03/2008
Description: Demolish existing building and construct a 16 level office building
Architects are: Loucas Zahos Architects at 270 Flinders St, ADELAIDE
Last edited by UrbanSG on Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN] Re: Proposed: 82 Flinders Street - 16 lvls - Offices

#2 Post by Ben » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:48 pm

Nice find, that's next to IAG... which I thought was a small heritage building which houses Power Loan. There is a guy on here that works in that building... Duke I think his name is?

UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#3 Post by UrbanSG » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:50 pm

Yeah that's what I thought too Ben. Maybe they are proposing something behind the heritage facade?

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#4 Post by Norman » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:52 pm

Excellent to get some extra height into the area. How tall is the building next to it?

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN] Re: #Proposed: 82 Flinders Street - 16 lvls - Offices

#5 Post by Will » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:43 pm

Hopefully this one has an interesting design, because I am actually getting tired of all the recent spate of mid-sized towers. yawn.

Ho Really
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#6 Post by Ho Really » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:59 pm

UrbanSG wrote:Yeah that's what I thought too Ben. Maybe they are proposing something behind the heritage facade?
I actually went past that address yesterday (Sunday) and was thinking whether a new building was going to be put there. I wouldn't be happy seeing that facade go. Is it heritage listed? Why do these developers have to go for such small allotments and then plan a 16 level building? As Will said...tired...yawn, how bloody boring. Adelaide will eventually become (as someone else said elsewhere) a pancake with a cherry on top. :(

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#7 Post by Will » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:03 pm

Ho Really wrote:
UrbanSG wrote:Yeah that's what I thought too Ben. Maybe they are proposing something behind the heritage facade?
I actually went past that address yesterday (Sunday) and was thinking whether a new building was going to be put there. I wouldn't be happy seeing that facade go. Is it heritage listed? Why do these developers have to go for such small allotments and then plan a 16 level building? As Will said...tired...yawn, how bloody boring. Adelaide will eventually become (as someone else said elsewhere) a pancake with a cherry on top. :(

Cheers
The building at 84 Flinders Street (Observatory House) is heritage listed, but I don't think 82 Flinders Street is heritage listed.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#8 Post by Howie » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:12 pm

Nicely spotted Urban. Good height for the area too. Can't wait to see the da.

Ho Really

#9 Post by Ho Really » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:23 pm

Will wrote:...but I don't think 82 Flinders Street is heritage listed.
The DA says demolish, but I hope they change their minds and retain (and incorporate) the facade.

Cheers

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#10 Post by AtD » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:17 pm

For those playing at home (like me). It's the four story building on the left.

This is the 103rd project on my map.

According to the architect's website, they were also behind Horizon and Embassy.

Matt
Legendary Member!

#11 Post by Matt » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:09 pm

Oh, boo.
They're going to block the view from my desk.

*puts NIMBY hat on*

jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member

#12 Post by jk1237 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:36 pm

well a 16 level building sounds exciting, but here we go again :roll: - with knocking down buildings that I think are significant, instead of knocking down crappy little 1 or 2 storey buildings such as in the far right in Atd's shot, with the word 'body'. Why couldnt it there, it would visually separate it from the SGIC (i think), and look much better to our skyline. Why cant developers buy up some of the shitty little 1 and 2 storey post 1960s buildings around Adel and demolish them for some nice tallies. If only that would happen!

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#13 Post by Shuz » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:19 am

It'll be a fair slender building if its only going to take up the size of that 4-story building block. They shouldve gone and razed the two next to it and did something big!

Ho Really

#14 Post by Ho Really » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:18 am

jk1237 wrote:well a 16 level building sounds exciting, but here we go again :roll: - with knocking down buildings that I think are significant, instead of knocking down crappy little 1 or 2 storey buildings such as in the far right in Atd's shot, with the word 'body'. Why couldnt it there, it would visually separate it from the SGIC (i think), and look much better to our skyline. Why cant developers buy up some of the shitty little 1 and 2 storey post 1960s buildings around Adel and demolish them for some nice tallies. If only that would happen!
and...
Shuz wrote:It'll be a fair slender building if its only going to take up the size of that 4-story building block. They shouldve gone and razed the two next to it and did something big!
Disappointment is all I can say. I've said it before and you guys have repeated it... :cry: Why...why...can't they come up with something on decent sized blocks and go for it (meaning 100m +)! More boo...hoo... :cry:

Cheers

P.S. Unfortunately Shuz Observatory House is Heritage Listed (and deserves so).

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#15 Post by Shuz » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:40 am

Ho Really wrote: P.S. Unfortunately Shuz Observatory House is Heritage Listed (and deserves so).
If thats the red-brick building that you're talking about, then yes that should stay. But, why propose a 16-storey monolith next to it? It wonuldnt be a good invigoration with the streetscape. I think a very cool idea would be to replicate that facade around corner (with the red bricks and authentic roof tiling) and convert it into one or two luxury resturants.

And alas, Whilst applying for jobs online (already submitted 15 applications in the space of two days!) I twiddle with my thumbs and fingers to give you this.
Boredom prevails. :D

Last edited by Shuz on Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.