News & Discussion: New Tallest Building

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
adam73837
High Rise Poster!
Location: The wilderness being sustained by nutrients in the air and powering my laptop with positive energy

Re: #Aprils Fools: 158m Adelaide Tower

#76 Post by adam73837 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:37 pm

As stated in this forum, even if it were proposed, the ACC wouldn't approve it anyway. The facts that we must all face and try to change are:
The fact that our councils are run by conservative old people that want to relive the good old days (particularly the guy at Glenenlg who doesn't want one of those new apartment buildings and is being backed up by the people at the retirement home :roll: :x :x :x :roll: :evil: :evil: ; then there's possibly the ACC).
The next fact is that those people who run our councils are scared of heights and think that the top of the Westpac Building does not provide enough oxygen for human lungs despite the fact that it is not nearly as tall as towers in Melbourne and Sydney which have outdoor viewing areas (not to mention the Empire State Building).
My opinion? A: Have people with more vision speak up louder and get what we/they think will be good for the state's future. B: Get those council leaders kicked out of their seat and replaced by younger people. C: Get Sensational-Adelaide out there to spread a message to the people of Adelaide
I take back many of the things I said before 2010; particularly my anti-Rann rants. While I still maintain some of said opinions, I feel I could have been less arrogant. I also apologise to people I offended; while knowing I can't fully take much back. :)

frank1
Donating Member
Donating Member

#77 Post by frank1 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:28 pm

The ACC is a bit too conservative, but i do see the value in them retaining important heritage buildings as this is what makes adelaide adelaide. If we build gung-ho, you end up like a american style city like perth (soz that it's harsh, but i just get pissed off when i read skyscraper city forums, where the other states don't appreciate adelaide). Your dfinately right in saying they are too conservative and this sort of project is worth building.

Edgar
Legendary Member!

Re: #Proposal: 158m Adelaide Tower

#78 Post by Edgar » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:08 pm

frank1 wrote:That's fkn awsome. Is this a real proposal :shock:

Just came off skycraper city and this one will be great to show to those interstate bastards (loved reading the fight between crawf, cruise and hayds (WA) on the 0Zcity skyline forum )

Anyway, i hope the ACC will consider such a project after such proposals as 20-22 currie street narrowly got approved fingers crossed.
I loved reading that post of yours, ha ha, I just can't stop laughing. Well, you pretty much got fired up for nothing. :lol:

Still laughing...
Visit my website at http://www.edgarchieng.com for more photos of Adelaide and South Australia.

frank1
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: #Proposal: 158m Adelaide Tower

#79 Post by frank1 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:54 pm

Edgar wrote:
frank1 wrote:That's fkn awsome. Is this a real proposal :shock:

Just came off skycraper city and this one will be great to show to those interstate bastards (loved reading the fight between crawf, cruise and hayds (WA) on the 0Zcity skyline forum )

Anyway, i hope the ACC will consider such a project after such proposals as 20-22 currie street narrowly got approved fingers crossed.
I loved reading that post of yours, ha ha, I just can't stop laughing. Well, you pretty much got fired up for nothing. :lol:

Still laughing...
Yeah it is kind of funny :D After reading oz skyscraper city forums, i am like a poison milk dud, sweet on the outside, poison on the inside (well, when it comes to Perth and Melbourne anyway)

Omicron
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#80 Post by Omicron » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:41 am

I would like to put on the record that I did know that this was nonsense from the beginning, and that there aren't any letters to residents of the Princes Apartments.

Just so we don't think of Omi as dense. :D

HiTouch
Legendary Member!

Re: News & Discussion: New Tallest Building

#81 Post by HiTouch » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:11 am

It's been almost 9 years since its last post but I thought it would be appropriate to bring this discussion back up seeing as we have a few new larger proposals on the board.

Patrick_27
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: News & Discussion: New Tallest Building

#82 Post by Patrick_27 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:26 am

HiTouch wrote:It's been almost 9 years since its last post but I thought it would be appropriate to bring this discussion back up seeing as we have a few new larger proposals on the board.
Was this really necessary? Are people incapable of discussing these matters in each individual thread?