[COM] Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Message
Author
normh
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:19 pm
Has thanked: 238 times
Been thanked: 96 times

[COM] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#1231 Post by normh » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:46 am

Plasmatron wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:33 pm
How come that "core" part in the middle is still sticking out at the top?

I thought there would have been some extra floors to cover that up by now.
I have tried to count the floors and it looks to me as if the 2nd floors of the 2 penthouses still have to go up, which I'm guessing will be prefab stuff. They might conceal the big square bit in the middle at the moment.

User avatar
ChillyPhilly
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1782
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:35 pm
Location: Adder-Laid, South Australia.
Has thanked: 303 times
Been thanked: 652 times
Contact:

[COM] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#1232 Post by ChillyPhilly » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:03 pm

A quick one.

Edit: rotated to correct way.

Image
Last edited by ChillyPhilly on Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

dingies1985
Sen-Rookie-Sational
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:32 am
Been thanked: 34 times

[COM] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#1233 Post by dingies1985 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:09 am

Not the greatest, however the colors seem to stand out nicely amongst the(non gum) trees.Image

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk


CDJ
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:30 pm
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 201 times

[COM] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#1234 Post by CDJ » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:48 am

Plasmatron wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:33 pm
How come that "core" part in the middle is still sticking out at the top?
I thought there would have been some extra floors to cover that up by now.
Hi Plasmatron :)
The reason the top levels are going so slowly is because the builder can't use their tower crane to construct it.
This is thanks to CASA/Airservices not allowing the crane to rise above the current RTCC level.
The RTCC serves no purpose over the CBD and is used by no airlines/aircraft in this area, yet buildings and cranes are being arbitrarily kept below it.
The end result is the top levels being constructed in an inefficient (and less safe) manner.
It is an unreasonable situation which needs to change.

User avatar
Ho Really
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2494
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:29 pm
Location: In your head
Has thanked: 1317 times
Been thanked: 170 times

[COM] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#1235 Post by Ho Really » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:19 am

CDJ wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:48 am
[...]
The end result is the top levels being constructed in an inefficient (and less safe) manner.
It is an unreasonable situation which needs to change.
Perhaps they'll wait until someone loses their life...fuckwits.

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

Nort
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1358
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:08 pm
Has thanked: 320 times
Been thanked: 189 times

[COM] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#1236 Post by Nort » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:16 pm

CDJ wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:48 am
Plasmatron wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:33 pm
How come that "core" part in the middle is still sticking out at the top?
I thought there would have been some extra floors to cover that up by now.
Hi Plasmatron :)
The reason the top levels are going so slowly is because the builder can't use their tower crane to construct it.
This is thanks to CASA/Airservices not allowing the crane to rise above the current RTCC level.
The RTCC serves no purpose over the CBD and is used by no airlines/aircraft in this area, yet buildings and cranes are being arbitrarily kept below it.
The end result is the top levels being constructed in an inefficient (and less safe) manner.
It is an unreasonable situation which needs to change.
In an emergency situation what height limits would Adelaide ATC refer to when vectoring aircraft below radar coverage?

SBD
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1575
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:49 pm
Location: Blakeview
Has thanked: 482 times
Been thanked: 121 times

[COM] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#1237 Post by SBD » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:51 pm

Nort wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:16 pm
CDJ wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:48 am
Plasmatron wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:33 pm
How come that "core" part in the middle is still sticking out at the top?
I thought there would have been some extra floors to cover that up by now.
Hi Plasmatron :)
The reason the top levels are going so slowly is because the builder can't use their tower crane to construct it.
This is thanks to CASA/Airservices not allowing the crane to rise above the current RTCC level.
The RTCC serves no purpose over the CBD and is used by no airlines/aircraft in this area, yet buildings and cranes are being arbitrarily kept below it.
The end result is the top levels being constructed in an inefficient (and less safe) manner.
It is an unreasonable situation which needs to change.
In an emergency situation what height limits would Adelaide ATC refer to when vectoring aircraft below radar coverage?
I assumed it related to a higher metal crane potentially presenting extra radar returns that will not be automatically filtered out and could create false alerts or block visibility of aircraft behind them.

Under certain weather conditions, some of the wind farms (Starfish Hill near Cape Jervis, Wattle Point near Edithburgh, Snowtown) can provide visible "rain clouds" on the weather radar. If a crane did that to an airport radar, bad things could happen.

normh
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:19 pm
Has thanked: 238 times
Been thanked: 96 times

[COM] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#1238 Post by normh » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:55 pm

It has been awhile since I photographed from the top of the carpark so here it is, in all of its glory and all the shrouding removed. very impressive.
2019-12-19 09-47.JPG
Top of Charles Street carpark.

ml69
Legendary Member!
Posts: 937
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:16 pm
Location: Adelaide SA
Has thanked: 125 times
Been thanked: 93 times

[COM] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#1239 Post by ml69 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:26 am

normh wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:55 pm
It has been awhile since I photographed from the top of the carpark so here it is, in all of its glory and all the shrouding removed. very impressive.

2019-12-19 09-47.JPG
My only disappointment with this building is that it isn’t more centrally-located so it features more prominently in Adelaide skyline photos.

Apart from that, it’s a beauty!

aceman
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 197
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:02 am
Location: Adelaide (Hallett Cove)
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 16 times

[COM] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#1240 Post by aceman » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:24 pm

so they need to use scaffolding to build the top of this building??

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 5603
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:48 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 952 times
Been thanked: 211 times

[COM] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#1241 Post by Will » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:15 pm

From realestate.com

Image

User avatar
rhino
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2966
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:37 pm
Location: Nairne
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 131 times

[COM] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#1242 Post by rhino » Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:24 pm

I wonder if they deliberately cut Adelaidean out of that picture?
cheers,
Rhino

User avatar
Plasmatron
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 308
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:16 pm
Location: St Georges, Adelaide, SA
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 315 times

[COM] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#1243 Post by Plasmatron » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:03 pm

View from the middle of Rundle Mall. (19/12/2019)

Realm-December2019-1.jpg

View from the corner of Rundle St and Frome St. (19/12/2019)

Realm-December2019-2.jpg
Last edited by Plasmatron on Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Now you're playing with power.

User avatar
d3v310per
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri May 24, 2019 10:52 am
Has thanked: 106 times
Been thanked: 179 times

[COM] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#1244 Post by d3v310per » Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:26 am

Plasmatron wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:03 pm
View from the corner of Rundle St and Pulteney St. (19/12/2019)
That'd be the corner of Rundle Street and Frome Road?

User avatar
SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 2870
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: City
Has thanked: 805 times
Been thanked: 396 times

[COM] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#1245 Post by SRW » Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:35 am

d3v310per wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:26 am
Plasmatron wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:03 pm
View from the corner of Rundle St and Pulteney St. (19/12/2019)
That'd be the corner of Rundle Street and Frome Road?
Frome Street, to be exact.
Keep Adelaide Weird

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests