[COM] Rundle Place | 76m | 15lvls | Retail & Office

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Just build it
High Rise Poster!

[COM] Re: U/C: Rundle Place Ben/Adel Bank, Harris Scarfe, Coles 76

#1276 Post by Just build it » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:00 pm

Can someone remind me where the loading bay is for this place? It's going to have to be pretty large to fit the Coles DC and H/S Semis in and get them turned them around. :?

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1277 Post by crawf » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:54 pm

Pikey wrote:How is it a wasted opportunity?? The first Sandstone pieces of the facade are up, no glass, no other features yet. Give it time!! :roll:
IMO more effort should have been put towards the exterior of this shopping complex. For example take a look at the recently built Wintergarden Plaza in Brisbane. Amazing

I wasn't a big fan of the exterior renders especially the Grenfell St frontage and now I know why.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1278 Post by Ben » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:12 am

Even compared to the initial renders it has been "dumbed down" .

This is a once in a generation development and agree we should be given more. Lets hope the inside is of a high standard.

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1279 Post by AtD » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:13 am

Just build it wrote:Can someone remind me where the loading bay is for this place? It's going to have to be pretty large to fit the Coles DC and H/S Semis in and get them turned them around. :?
The centre will use the existing Harris Scarfe loading bays in the basement of the U-Park.

claybro
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#1280 Post by claybro » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:47 pm

crawf wrote:IMO more effort should have been put towards the exterior of this shopping complex. For example take a look at the recently built Wintergarden Plaza in Brisbane. Amazing

I wasn't a big fan of the exterior renders especially the Grenfell St frontage and now I know why.
Could not agree more!!! :applause:

Xaragmata

#1281 Post by Xaragmata » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:41 pm

From Monday ...

fishinajar
High Rise Poster!

#1282 Post by fishinajar » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:47 am

Sorry if this information is already in the thread but
Will they be Opening the retail podium whilst building the office portion on top? Escalators are in, plasterboard is up and flushed, air conditioning ducting is hanging... Xmas is three ish months away. Are they hoping to open in time for this?

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1283 Post by Ben » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:06 am

fishinajar wrote:Sorry if this information is already in the thread but
Will they be Opening the retail podium whilst building the office portion on top? Escalators are in, plasterboard is up and flushed, air conditioning ducting is hanging... Xmas is three ish months away. Are they hoping to open in time for this?
I would hope so but as far as I know March is the opening date. The fitout will take many more months even after the main building construction is complete.

Burger
Gold-Member ;)

#1284 Post by Burger » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:25 pm

The retail is still due to open in March 2013. See this job ad for the CM position...

http://www.edgepropertypeople.com.au/jo ... ?jobid=865

Don't know about the commercial side of the place though.

bdm
High Rise Poster!

#1285 Post by bdm » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:07 am

The bank moves in December 2013 but the office tower itself should be finished by February 2013 ready for fit-out.

Pants
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1286 Post by Pants » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:19 pm

Maybe the lower levels, but there's no chance of the whole office tower being ready for fit out works in February.

Ho Really

#1287 Post by Ho Really » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:06 pm

crawf wrote:
Pikey wrote:How is it a wasted opportunity?? The first Sandstone pieces of the facade are up, no glass, no other features yet. Give it time!! :roll:
IMO more effort should have been put towards the exterior of this shopping complex. For example take a look at the recently built Wintergarden Plaza in Brisbane. Amazing

What you see up in Brisbane is window dressing. It's something that you could easily add on. The sandstone blocks are part of the structure so there's a major difference. Granted, the exterior could have been different. I guess they went with the sandstone to match some of the surroundings. But like Pikey said, let's wait to pass judgement. The renderings aren't that bad. The other choice was mostly all glass.

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

Ho Really

#1288 Post by Ho Really » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:17 pm

Ben wrote:Even compared to the initial renders it has been "dumbed down" .

This is a once in a generation development and agree we should be given more. Lets hope the inside is of a high standard.

I agree. I think this development should have gone further. How often are you going to get such a big lot anywhere in the CBD to build mixed-use buildings? It had tons of potential! My gripe is not with the last design, sandstone cladding or whatever (which, yes could have been better), but the height and dimensions of the office block. Personally it should have been at least 4 levels higher and less horizontal. The building would have been even more setback from either Rundle Mall and Grenfell Streets, less prominent from street level, but more prominent on the skyline. :2cents:

Yes, let's hope the inside makes it worth it.

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

Mr Smith
High Rise Poster!

#1289 Post by Mr Smith » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:43 pm

The appearance from Grenfell Street ATM is not encouraging - cheap and monolithic fake sandstone. If this is an attempt to 'blend in' with the equally visually jarring U Park next door, then they have succeeded.

Nort

#1290 Post by Nort » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:48 pm

The one thing we can be certain of is that this building won't last as long as the original Harris Scarfe building did.