[COM] 413 KWS Vue on King William | 89m | 28Lvl | Residential

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM] Re: #U/C: 413-427 King William St - 15 lvl 60m -Hills Inds

#241 Post by Ben » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:36 am

Digging has started on removing the soil now the piling on the outside of the basement levels is complete.

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#242 Post by Shuz » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:07 pm

rev wrote:
Shuz wrote:Just doing my rounds of getting my database information scoop - how much office space does this hold? AFAIK its roughly 20,000sqm but does anyone have an exact figure?
Read the thread, probably buried somewhere.
Just so you know, I have read each page, each post of the threads which I seek information from. If its not found, then I will post the above question.

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

#243 Post by Pikey » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:09 pm

Shuz wrote:
rev wrote:
Shuz wrote:Just doing my rounds of getting my database information scoop - how much office space does this hold? AFAIK its roughly 20,000sqm but does anyone have an exact figure?
Read the thread, probably buried somewhere.
Just so you know, I have read each page, each post of the threads which I seek information from. If its not found, then I will post the above question.

Shuz, as Will has already offered, he can get you the information, seeing as it's so important.

PM him and I'm sure he will help you.
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#244 Post by Ben » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:10 pm

Ben wrote:This is a pretty exciting development. The site next to the Optus building on South Terrace/King William St is to be developed into a 20,000sqm office building. To be known as Hills House, Hills Industries will take up 6,000sqm while the remaining 14,000 will be spec.
Shuz it was in the very first post of this thread.

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#245 Post by Shuz » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:25 pm

I'm going to have to vent a little frustration here.

I know that Will has access to the information, him being an Emporis editor and all, and I know that he's offered to help. I am accepting it - in the meantime as the questions are directed at him and to anyone else who may know as well - I'm sure there may be other people that would know (being from various businesses or organisations that have accessibility to information outside the public's grasp.

I know that the 'articles' quote a rough figure. Whilst I haven't ruled out using it, I would prefer to know the exact figure for the database. After all, numbers do add up. I'd rather acknowledge that the database information is nearer to 100% accurate than 90% accurate. Reliability, precision and quality matter to me, so excuse me for trying to make an effort!

I am trying to provide a resource for everyone here, and it seems that I am constantly being barraged with complaints, etc. I have noticed a slight shift in the general attitude of forumers lately and I must say, its pissing me off a little. The 'he-doesn't know/realise' approach from many is seriously being overlooked, and I will say it right now - I am aware!

Now, I make no apology for venting out my frustration, because I still remain adamant to believe that once done, the database will be a resourceful tool for everyone, including external sources and that people will come to appreciate it as a reliable information centre.

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

#246 Post by Pikey » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:00 pm

Aside from us, who form an external source would use this site as a concrete guide to exactly how much square metre space each development has? The type of people who would want this information would contact the developer directly.

I can appreciate your enthusiasm, and the best way of finding the information has already been laid out for you. Not everyone here knows 100% concrete information, for example, a building may quote 8000m2, is that just space for lease, does it include service, facility and telecommunications rooms?? We get most of our information direct from the media (aside from a few of us who have direct contact with the developer) so if you want more detailed info, pick up the phone and call the developer.
Walking on over....

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

#247 Post by Pikey » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:56 am

Excavation is getting really deep from what I saw on the weekend.

I'm sure Ben can confirm this.
Walking on over....

Ho Really
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#248 Post by Ho Really » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:14 am

Pikey wrote:Excavation is getting really deep from what I saw on the weekend.

I'm sure Ben can confirm this.
Yeah, on Friday went past on the tram and saw the northern end was close to the depth of the bulldozer (or whatever was) excavating there.

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

spider
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#249 Post by spider » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:54 pm

I'm not sure if this has been posted anywhere else on this site, but a rumour going around is that Goodman's have withdrawn from this project leaving Hills without a JV partner. Im not sure what impact this will have on the development ie. whether Hills have the capacity to continue under their own steam. Unfortunately my pockets aren't big enough to tip in the cash.

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

#250 Post by Pikey » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:12 pm

Excuse my ignorance mate, but what's a JV partner?
Walking on over....

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#251 Post by Ben » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:19 pm

Joint Venture...

Yes this rumour went around about 2 months ago and was quashed directly by someone involved.

loud
High Rise Poster!

#252 Post by loud » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:25 pm

I heard this same rumour a couple of weeks ago... where there is smoke, there is fire...sometimes...

Professor
High Rise Poster!

#253 Post by Professor » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:36 pm

Best to be a bit careful with rumours.

The work on the Hills building is continuing and there is visible progress, so obviuosly no problems that have had an impact on the development as yet.

The lack of any work on the proposed site of the major business park at Keswick (builder = Built Environs) for 2 months is when you know there is a problem.

joy
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#254 Post by joy » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:54 pm

Goodmans are leaving the project for various reasons not associated with the viability of the Hills Project.
H&Y are continuing to move ahead with their usual professionalism on this project as well as the Wave and Edge projects across the road. (Note great crane photos under those projects).
Hill crane is a special coming from O/S and will be erected very soon. (Needs to keep within airport height controls).
Hills are fully committed to this project with completion and occupation due in December 2009.

loud
High Rise Poster!

#255 Post by loud » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:10 am

joy wrote:Goodmans are leaving the project for various reasons not associated with the viability of the Hills Project.
H&Y are continuing to move ahead with their usual professionalism on this project as well as the Wave and Edge projects across the road. (Note great crane photos under those projects).
Hill crane is a special coming from O/S and will be erected very soon. (Needs to keep within airport height controls).
Hills are fully committed to this project with completion and occupation due in December 2009.
Joy, can you elaborate on the 'various reasons'?

Is this speculation or have you got evidence or a source to confirm this?

Is there another JV Partner in the wings?